ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

It is odd to me that that NHL still hasn't released anything on the Wilson hit. We are about 6 hrs to puck drop in DC and still nothing. This should have been ruled on yesterday at the latest. I guess they didn't want to compete with the Seattle news......

The dumbfvck needs 40 games for the next one...and it WILL happen. Or better yet...enact The Sword of Damocles for an eternity...such a freakin dirtbag.

Many would disagree with me but I have said to my buddies for years that the NHL needs to go the way of the NFL and eliminate the blind side, open-ice hits. (ala defenseless player rule) Some will say that the offensive player needs to keep his head up. I don't disagree but in this most recent case, Wilson was actually coming from a direction that Sundqvist still might not see him with his head up. Just no need to blow people up especially considering that the players are as big as NFL linebackers in some cases, moving faster, and with a hard sheet of ice for a head or face to bounce off of.

Reactions: torontoeers
Many would disagree with me but I have said to my buddies for years that the NHL needs to go the way of the NFL and eliminate the blind side, open-ice hits. (ala defenseless player rule) Some will say that the offensive player needs to keep his head up. I don't disagree but in this most recent case, Wilson was actually coming from a direction that Sundqvist still might not see him with his head up. Just no need to blow people up especially considering that the players are as big as NFL linebackers in some cases, moving faster, and with a hard sheet of ice for a head or face to bounce off of.
I wonder if he would see him as you mention? Might not from the angle....here's the kicker for me on this one. He comes barreling from halfway across the ice and then the upword thrust to the guys melon. If that doesn't meet the classic definition of charging then nothing does imo...

I see the B's/Craps game is delayed? Why? Were they waiting for Tom headhunter Wilson to show up? He ain't coming...thus the B's will survive the game with all faculties about them...

old time hockey.
You and I have played the game for years....I could be a real SOB back in the day as I'm sure you (especially vs the Frenchies)...I'd grab a stick and fling it in the corner or not let go, the odd mild spear, elbow to the head, shot to the groin in the circle, punch to the jaw when ref not looking, and got my ass kicked more than once for it, that was part of the deal...expected it. Tom Wilson's victims don't expect it, nor deserve it. But they get it full force! I love a clean hit as much as the next guy. This clown needs reigning in however...ask ZAR how he feels about the suspension...next time give him 40...

You and I have played the game for years....I could be a real SOB back in the day as I'm sure you (especially vs the Frenchies)...I'd grab a stick and fling it in the corner or not let go, the odd mild spear, elbow to the head, shot to the groin in the circle, punch to the jaw when ref not looking, and got my ass kicked more than once for it, that was part of the deal...expected it. Tom Wilson's victims don't expect it, nor deserve it. But they get it full force! I love a clean hit as much as the next guy. This clown needs reigning in however...ask ZAR how he feels about the suspension...next time give him 40...

it used to be considered suicide to cut to the middle of the ice on the rush with your head down...

it used to be considered suicide to cut to the middle of the ice on the rush with your head down...
Yes...was there any chance he would see him regardless from that angle? If looking at oh I dunno the NET for instance??? Wilson is a douche, and you know it. You woulda went RIGHT AFTER HIM...somebody needs to make him look like the puss he is...take his head clean off...

Yes...was there any chance he would see him regardless from that angle? If looking at oh I dunno the NET for instance??? Wilson is a douche, and you know it. You woulda went RIGHT AFTER HIM...somebody needs to make him look like the puss he is...take his head clean off...

who's going to do it?

the league has gone soft and fast. fvcking shame. you paragraph reminded me of this, stein

Last edited:
Reactions: torontoeers

It also was customary in the 70's to stay in lanes and not cut across the ice very much......hence less open ice blow-ups. I like hard hitting. I like to see a great check. I just don't want to witness a death because a Tom Wilson or Matt Cooke type decide they want to hurt somebody with a blind side shot to the head.

It also was customary in the 70's to stay in lanes and not cut across the ice very much......hence less open ice blow-ups. I like hard hitting. I like to see a great check. I just don't want to witness a death because a Tom Wilson or Matt Cooke type decide they want to hurt somebody with a blind side shot to the head.

every check has intent to injure, otherwise, what's the point?

yup. you know how I know you never played the game?

Great response. I played in both floor and dek leagues where moderate checking in front of the nets and along the walls was allowed. I also played football. Rarely in any sport have I tried to hurt my opponent. Check them. Tackle them. Block them on their backside. Set a hard pick. But to hurt them??? Sorry didn't play that way.

Great response. I played in both floor and dek leagues where moderate checking in front of the nets and along the walls was allowed. I also played football. Rarely in any sport have I tried to hurt my opponent. Check them. Tackle them. Block them on their backside. Set a hard pick. But to hurt them??? Sorry didn't play that way.

lol at ball hockey.

I played football as well. never hit one person I wasn't trying to hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT