ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

Another plethora of twit bs to negotiate through with nary a comment about the game itself... f'n brilliant!

you've been drinking again.

I fell asleep halfway through the third. woke up at 5 and drove here for our morning basketball game. letang played well in the offensive end. time for him to get it together in the back end.

you've been drinking again.

I fell asleep halfway through the third. woke up at 5 and drove here for our morning basketball game. letang played well in the offensive end. time for him to get it together in the back end.
Lol...I had a few but stayed away from the vino (good thing)...so just a toasty feeling.
He did and he does...long road ahead but at least nice to get game one. Murray not so sharp (nor his D mates) , needs to cheat out a bit further imo, cut down that angle further. They are aiming left side of his melon again and makin it count! Too often I saw him deep in the crease...

Lol...I had a few but stayed away from the vino (good thing)...so just a toasty feeling.
He did and he does...long road ahead but at least nice to get game one. Murray not so sharp (nor his D mates) , needs to cheat out a bit further imo, cut down that angle further. They are aiming left side of his melon again and makin it count! Too often I saw him deep in the crease...

the second goal was the only one to get under my skin. the 5th was a bad turnover that lead to a great chance and oshie buried it. bad d and good o is a recipe to give up a lot of goals against. give the craps some credit.

also holtby played well, made a couple lucky saves. pens could have really blown there doors off early, he kept them in it.

Reactions: torontoeers
What do we expect tomorrow vs the Habs? They were a hard working bunch that lost in OT up this way on Wed...should still beat em like a rented mule at home imo, unless the China Doll has one of those shut the damn door kinda games...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Hey guys, how much did MM actually settle down after his 3 GA first period the other night ???

Still gave up another three in the last 2 periods, but that's fairly better than what he did in the 1P. And he did see 36 SOG; still, too many GA, but it looks like at least a marginally improved performance as the game went on.

murray def made some big saves but it wasn't the performance anyone was looking for. however, it was good enough for a w against a very good team. I'll take it and look for improvement.

the shot by oshie was awesome, I don't think there's too many guys that could make that stop after a dumb turnover like that.

Reactions: DocEER and COOL MAN
Maatta "defends" Byron like he's radioactive.....2-0 Habs.

Defensive breakdown in front of MM, but he can't bail out his team.....3-0 Habs. Pens have 7 SOG (Canadiens 12) in the first 25 minutes.....

Armia finishes a nice 2-man shorthanded breakout with Malkin sucking his vapor trail......4-0 Habs, and even Bob Cole is wondering what the hell is going on.

Sheahan finally breaks the shutout on a scramble in front.....4-1 Habs with 2:00 to play the 2nd.

A game struggling vs Kansas and THEN....well...I was in and out of the game with family here....is NOT how I envisioned my Thanksgiving going...lets just say that! I see 5 GA ...how did he look? Something tells me he is really fighting the puck...arrrghh. I need a frosty beverage and a warm chair for the remaining football...

We all know Penguin no-shows are anything but uncommon; we've seen enough of them to recognize the vets on this team simply aren't going to come to rink every night. But I truthfully didn't expect one in the first week of the season.

Not sure any of the Habs goals were "bad" GA for MM in the strictest sense: but it's equally clear he did essentially NOTHING to pick up his team. And even the PP was a complete and total waste of time. Not sure how Sully deals with a blown lead and a total no-show (both on home ice) in the first 3 days, but that's what on his plate this morning.

Last edited:
We all know Penguin no-shows are anything but uncommon; we've seen enough of them to recognize the vets on this team simply aren't going to come to rink every night. But I truthfully didn't expect one in the first week of the season.

Not sure any of the Habs goals were "bad" GA for MM in the strictest sense: but it's equally clear he did essentially NOTHING to pick up his team. And even the PP was a complete and total waste of time. Not sure how Sully deals with a blown lead and a total no-show (both on home ice) in the first 3 days, but that's what on his plate this morning.
It's obviously early but...this D concerns me. Then again that's really nothing new...if MM can't get on a roll then that'll exacerbate it further...

Reactions: COOL MAN

anyone who didn't think a no show was possible on saturday night vs a team from canada hasn't been paying attention the past 10 years or so.

It's obviously early but...this D concerns me. Then again that's really nothing new...if MM can't get on a roll then that'll exacerbate it further...

Perhaps their D isn't quite the turnover machine it was last year.....at least not yet......but as we saw last night, they're not going to score 6 in regulation every game. Until (or unless) Murray finds his game, this blue line is clearly going to be forced to mind its p's and q's, and the current unit doesn't look capable of doing that.

Of course, a good showing versus Vegas on Thursday......which can obviously skate.....will help. I'm glad the team isn't playing for 4 days; give them time for some early soul searching. Though, I'm not sure I wouldn't mind seeing them go on the road right now.

Perhaps their D isn't quite the turnover machine it was last year.....at least not yet......but as we saw last night, they're not going to score 6 in regulation every game. Until (or unless) Murray finds his game, this blue line is clearly going to be forced to mind its p's and q's, and the current unit doesn't look capable of doing that.

Of course, a good showing versus Vegas on Thursday......which can obviously skate.....will help. I'm glad the team isn't playing for 4 days; give them time for some early soul searching. Though, I'm not sure I wouldn't mind seeing them go on the road right now.
Agreed...the road would be a fine place to be.

anyone who didn't think a no show was possible on saturday night vs a team from canada hasn't been paying attention the past 10 years or so.
True enough...not a strong point over the years. Just BEAT the effin Leaves on the road in roughly 2 weeks time (perferably convincingly) or I'm gonna have a really big headache around here...

Reactions: Irwineer2
Ok gents...I WAS doing the Ottawa game. No good it seems, so likely doing the Isles in The Burgh (yes be prepared we WILL lose if I am in attendance, you are gonna have to live with it) Oct 30 as the wife has that week off. Staying in town Monday night but considering Greentree as it is a freebie on points and heard not too far from downtown /nice spot? You former Western Pa guys, what is a really nice town to stay in on our Sunday night the way down from Erie? I don't mind going an hour or so either direction from I-79 on the way. Wifey wants to stay at a B&B /dinner etc...thoughts? Appreciated...

Ok gents...I WAS doing the Ottawa game. No good it seems, so likely doing the Isles in The Burgh (yes be prepared we WILL lose if I am in attendance, you are gonna have to live with it) Oct 30 as the wife has that week off. Staying in town Monday night but considering Greentree as it is a freebie on points and heard not too far from downtown /nice spot? You former Western Pa guys, what is a really nice town to stay in on our Sunday night the way down from Erie? I don't mind going an hour or so either direction from I-79 on the way. Wifey wants to stay at a B&B /dinner etc...thoughts? Appreciated...

so you are wanting to try to find somewhere local to satisfy your wife and go to the game? just trying to make sure on what you are looking for before I respond.

so you are wanting to try to find somewhere local to satisfy your wife and go to the game? just trying to make sure on what you are looking for before I respond.
Looking for a cool town to visit for the Sunday day/night on the way down, somewhat on route between say Buffalo/Erie and the Burgh.

Looking for a cool town to visit for the Sunday day/night on the way down, somewhat on route between say Buffalo/Erie and the Burgh.

check out oakmont... along the allegheny river about 20 minutes north of pittsburgh. you may have to check air bnb. lots of bars and restaurants. and a world class bakery.

when are they going to bring back these?

bcc2fb36aa75eaa7.jpg

Dear god NO!!! Screw that phantom zone or whatever the hell penguin for eternity. Never won a damn thing with those abominations...
In saying that I like the 3rd jersey gold...just not sold on the football style shoulder numbers...

there's a reason they only wore that yellow banana suit for 1 season...

bring back the bud ice penguins. reminds me of when hockey was still a niche sport here. Man I wish it would go back to that (sadly it will after sid and geno are done, pittsburgh is the biggest front runner town in sports)

there's a reason they only wore that yellow banana suit for 1 season...

bring back the bud ice penguins. reminds me of when hockey was still a niche sport here. Man I wish it would go back to that (sadly it will after sid and geno are done, pittsburgh is the biggest front runner town in sports)
Dooby dooby doo!!! [roll].....I could live with that!

Reactions: Irwineer2
No doubt on that. Jack Johnson sucks an asshole. He is not the answer.

I was too wasted to pay attention saturday night. seemed to me on opening night most of the issues were just careless plays with the puck.

Reactions: DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT