ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

Does anyone have an inkling that there might be some PRESS on O in the second to compensate for this weak kneed D? It's not as though any of our C's are helping out back there so you'd think they'd be oh I dunno...dangling in the O zone? Niether of those 2 DeSmith fault either...forecheck is killing us.

I'm on the road (Knoxville TN the last two nights), and just joined in Mike and Ol' 2-Niner at 830PM......ugly comments you guys are making about this team tonight.

We've already discussed the team taking nights off back in game 2 versus Montreal. But Sully isn't the kind of coach who'll put up with that a multiple times in the first 2 weeks of the season.......leading me to wonder if they're beginning to tune him out. Whaddya' think ??

Meanwhile, Lange just said this is the best game he's ever seen Pouliot play as a pro.

Reactions: torontoeers
trying to stay awake...

geno has been played well at times tonight even though he's got nothing to show for it.

I'm on the road (Knoxville TN the last two nights), and just joined in Mike and Ol' 2-Niner at 830PM......ugly comments you guys are making about this team tonight.

We've already discussed the team taking nights off back in game 2 versus Montreal. But Sully isn't the kind of coach who'll put up with that a multiple times in the first 2 weeks of the season.......leading me to wonder if they're beginning to tune him out. Whaddya' think ??

Meanwhile, Lange just said this is the best game he's ever seen Pouliot play as a pro.
Love Knoxville...wanna go back, especially that small dtn area of shops and bars...but you workin lol, so I won't continue....
You , I and everyone else knows eventually it happens re: the coach. Not sure yet...I do know one thing however. When you appear to be winning the faceoff circle and still look outworked? That is a bad sign...

Let's be honest, Sidney Crosby is a piece of crap as a #1 center when he doesn't care. He hasn't cared since the Caps game. All we hear is about this dudes work ethic in practice and then when the puck drops, he is the laziest mofo in the league. Damn Hagelin has more goals than 87. Simon has more goals. This isn't something new either. I can't stand this garbage effort.

Let's be honest, Sidney Crosby is a piece of crap as a #1 center when he doesn't care. He hasn't cared since the Caps game. All we hear is about this dudes work ethic in practice and then when the puck drops, he is the laziest mofo in the league. Damn Hagelin has more goals than 87. Simon has more goals. This isn't something new either. I can't stand this garbage effort.
I wont go that far...he picks his spots, he takes the abuse over the years, hacked and whacked, was decent in the circle tonight imo...but man alive he was NOWHERE on that particular shift. He oughta be rather upset with himself after that line change loafing it...the good still FAR outweighs the bad (usually) no?

I wont go that far...he picks his spots, he takes the abuse over the years, hacked and whacked, was decent in the circle tonight imo...but man alive he was NOWHERE on that particular shift. He oughta be rather upset with himself after that line change loafing it...the good still FAR outweighs the bad (usually) no?

He is the best 2-way center in the NHL when he wants to be. When he doesn't want to be, he is an average, at best, a #1 center. How many other #1 centers have no goals through the first two weeks? He did this last year too where he would go long stretches with no goals with little effort. Then he erupts and averages 3 points a game for a month the Pens go on a long win streak.

He is the best 2-way center in the NHL when he wants to be. When he doesn't want to be, he is an average, at best, a #1 center. How many other #1 centers have no goals through the first two weeks? He did this last year too where he would go long stretches with no goals with little effort. Then he erupts and averages 3 points a game for a month the Pens go on a long win streak.
Oh I know he frustrates the hell out of ya OM1...he does same to me at times (last night no exception) too...we've got at least one or two more that exact that same level of frustration. Geno being one, PK the other. But without even one of Sid and Geno, Phil for the last 2, do we have that polished hardware to puff our chest out about? Not a chance! I could add a Gold in Vancouver on our end here to that list. Without him? WE LOSE.
I'm just used to taking the good with the bad amongst this top 3 group...when they decide to loaf it, take stupid penalties etc, I know eventually they'll give a solid effort. The proof is there pointing to past success.
I'm not sure what the heck is going on in his mind or body this time around however...but he better snap the hell out of it along with at least a half dozen others or they are in deep $hit playing catchup...it has been a terrible start. Not impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT