ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

I've had a few...but not too many (Irwin knows I like to get into it early on Thursdays lol), but...first game back, my doggo gone on Friday...co-incidence? I think not...rest easy Chevy boy. MM has got ya covered when the Pens come to town!
bzjiFx.jpg

Reactions: Irwineer2 and Euell
The Leafs had 38 shots. That is a lot of rubber to stop against a talented team. Hey did the city, at least temporarily, halt the Planning for the Leafs Cup parade scheduled for June 2019?
Reality check! Courtesy of your Pittsburgh Penguins...they are melting down on one of the call in shows because of one bad goal on Andersen...great listening! :smiley:

Reality check! Courtesy of your Pittsburgh Penguins...they are melting down on one of the call in shows because of one bad goal on Andersen...great listening! :smiley:

Guess living in GTA and not being a Leafs fan isn't the easiest thing to deal with..... meanwhile, did anyone happen to catch the game highlights this morning on NHL Network's On The Fly ??

While they admittedly showed the three Pens goals......two of which, of course, didn't actually meet most folks' basic definitiion of "highlights".....they showed pretty much every decent chance the Laffs had (while ignoring comparable Pens action around the Laffs goal). If you didn't pay attention to the box score at the end of the feature, you'd think the Laffs outshot, outchanced, and basically outplayed the Pens by a factor of roughly 3 or 4.

But to me, none of that was half as bad as the obigatory "replay" of that camera shot of a tired Kessel limping onto the bench and looking for a seat with his head down. Guess they just had to give everyone in GTA their belly laugh for the night.

Reactions: torontoeers
12 game road trip, is that excessively long?

Here's an excerpt from a forgettable post I made back in early September regarding the Pens schedule:

-Bye week is 1/20-26 (immediately after a 9-day Western US swing...including the two listed back-to-backs.....to ANA, LAK, SJS, ARI, and VGK beginning 1/11). Speaking of western swings, they play at EDM, CGY, and VAN early in the season the week of 10/22. ASG is in San Jose on SAT 1/26..

Irwin noted essentially correctly they're playing 4 in a row on the road (including last night in Toronto, along with the referenced Western Canada swing) before returning for their next home game on TUE 11/1. But they actually play those Western Canada games next week on TUE, THU, and SAT.....and will presumably return to Pittsburgh immediately after the Canucks game (and arrive back in Pittsburgh the morning of SUN 10/28).

I also assume they've returned to Pittsburgh after last night's game before hitting the road again (on Monday, perhaps) in time for the Edmonton game on TUE night. So, it's not as long a road trip as it might have initially appeared on the surface......and it also helps they don't have to play in Winnipeg on this swing.

H
I also assume they've returned to Pittsburgh after last night's game before hitting the road again (on Monday, perhaps) in time for the Edmonton game on TUE night. .

Not that this matters, but I had no idea what I was talking about the other day; the Pens left Pittsburgh (I believe) on Saturday and have been camping out at Banff and practiced there yesterday.....and perhaps today as well.....before moving onto Edmonton.

Reactions: Irwineer2
Not that this matters, but I had no idea what I was talking about the other day; the Pens left Pittsburgh (I believe) on Saturday and have been camping out at Banff and practiced there yesterday.....and perhaps today as well.....before moving onto Edmonton.

I bet that area is awesome this time of year.

woke up to mearsy going nuts about sids goal. didn't even roll over to watch til this morning. I'm glad I didn't because that would have woke me up for a bit.

woke up to mearsy going nuts about sids goal. didn't even roll over to watch til this morning. I'm glad I didn't because that would have woke me up for a bit.

surprised that there hasn't been more talk about last night's game. Murray faced a lot of rubber but leaked in another. Maatta was poop. That penalty he took in the 3rd was juvenile. Riley Sheahan's 4 on 4 turnover was idiotic leading to a 2-1 break. This team just refuses to make the right play over and over. Sid was playing hard again. Love to see that.

surprised that there hasn't been more talk about last night's game. Murray faced a lot of rubber but leaked in another. Maatta was poop. That penalty he took in the 3rd was juvenile. Riley Sheahan's 4 on 4 turnover was idiotic leading to a 2-1 break. This team just refuses to make the right play over and over. Sid was playing hard again. Love to see that.

none of that is really surprising since its october.

this team plays up or down to competition.

Hate western road swings during the week damnit...wknds I can usually manage to stay up for it. Sounds like I need to go watch the highlights on this sucker, especially the game winner...
FYI I bought my tix for Jersey at Pens Nov 5th. Sorry in advance but DO NOT bother tuning in for this one. When I am inside the facility it is a gauranteed loss. I still need my fix though so you'll all just have to suck it up and deal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This 'Canyon' dude is a bloody embarassment...does a disservice to both anthems...Gimmie Jeff Jimmerson...damn it pisses me off when they dick around with half assed talent...41-zip tells me we're safe to tune in here lol...what a beatdown...oops, sorry 44!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT