ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

Bottom line is ZERO D presense tonight in critical decision making....completely inept, and with Lehner in net? Should be at minimum tied imo...how did we know we'd see this after such a strong roadie? Anyone???

I see we have them again Thursday at that hockey DUMP of an arena Barclays...then Sat night my 'good buddies' come for a visit (wife is away at friends in Buffalo/Ft. Erie that night so I'll probably be bombed win or loss ×2 after pounding em back from 3.30 Texas), then pick the old lady up and on to the Burgh on Sunday morning....life is good...in a sense...

Reactions: COOL MAN
DqyrrKTWoAIOOfO.jpg:large

Reactions: torontoeers
Lol...ya got me...that is indeed bout half true, like the lettuce...
As long as half those Cdn ladies on the WVU soccer squad are doing us all proud I'm down with it...still waiting for my first Cdn football boy in Gold/Blue (other than Manning's world famous 'idiot kicker' quote of course)...it'll happen eventually....

Well there was a gaurantee we'd have at least one of the lazy ass (I was one once so can't complain) Canadian costume at the door tonight...we did....and guess what? He was a Philly Cryer! If I weren't so kind I would have thrown tomatoes at the poor little bugger...his Dad said 'we had to come here' laughing, I guess he'd seen my flags once or twice over a couple Cups...good times.... But really? You 'had to come here' lol? I'd avoid this joint like the plague!!!!! The only thing better would have been were he dressed as that doofus 'Gritty' . Hahahahaha!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: COOL MAN
hopefully the pens play a better game tonight.

Funny you should mention that.....because from what I could glean from the postgame sound bites on Tuesday night, Sully evidently thought they played a pretty good game (or, at the very least, had no issues with their effort).

Not sure if I necessarily agree with that, and maybe he just said it to the Press in light of the off ice issues in Pittsburgh this week. Still, as has so frequently been the case this season, I'd sure be happy with even just a little tighter defense in front of the cage......plus a key save or two.....and I'll take my chances.

Meanwhile, according to DK, it's Murray in the cage tonight vs Greiss, and Letang.....whose absence on TUE was evidently considered by a fair number close to the team as perhaps the key reason why they ended up showing so poorly.....remains a game time decision.

Funny you should mention that.....because from what I could glean from the postgame sound bites on Tuesday night, Sully evidently thought they played a pretty good game (or, at the very least, had no issues with their effort).

Not sure if I necessarily agree with that, and maybe he just said it to the Press in light of the off ice issues in Pittsburgh this week. Still, as has so frequently been the case this season, I'd sure be happy with even just a little tighter defense in front of the cage......plus a key save or two.....and I'll take my chances.

Meanwhile, according to DK, it's Murray in the cage tonight vs Greiss, and Letang.....whose absence on TUE was evidently considered by a fair number close to the team as perhaps the key reason why they ended up showing so poorly.....remains a game time decision.
It was one of the worst D performances I had seen in years. And that says something...4 goals on 9 shots? I'm a Murray shill but in all honesty I could find NONE of them his fault. Sully had to make the change regardless...

These Isles uni's are hilarious...those electric orange ones they came out with mighta been worse though...why do they have to dick around so much nowdays?

And another thing I've wondered...how much do those seats in this 'arena' cost where the Honda truck or whatever sits, the Isles banner in the other corner, in another legit hockey arena? I'll tell ya, over a hundred bones! Thats where we usually like to sit whenever we go visitor or home...Honda paying ya boatloads of money Isles? Ok...what about the other corner with just a flippin logo? It makes zero sense! So odd....

we want fish sticks
Holy shit...this reminds me...nevermind the other jerseys. It was a running joke around here that these fisherman jerseys were known as 'Capn Highliner' ...not sure if you guys have this company or not but he's the mascot of a company that makes fish sticks! Maybe thats where you were going...
0245338690ea3c0b.jpg

captain.jpg

Reactions: Irwineer2
And another thing I've wondered...how much do those seats in this 'arena' cost where the Honda truck or whatever sits, the Isles banner in the other corner, in another legit hockey arena? I'll tell ya, over a hundred bones! Thats where we usually like to sit whenever we go visitor or home...Honda paying ya boatloads of money Isles? Ok...what about the other corner with just a flippin logo? It makes zero sense! So odd....

that arena was built for basketball.

Holy shit...this reminds me...nevermind the other jerseys. It was a running joke around here that these fisherman jerseys were known as 'Capn Highliner' ...not sure if you guys have this company or not but he's the mascot of a company that makes fish sticks! Maybe thats where you were going...
0245338690ea3c0b.jpg

captain.jpg
that's the gordon's fisherman

ADVERTISEMENT