ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

just flipped over to see the period end. guess it was a good one.
Timely scoring to say the least all round...they aren't world beaters tonight but they had a helluva road period for us...which begs...wtf are you doing up ???? Have a drink if so...it'll level you tomorrow...as wife gives me stink eye here. Thirsty Thursdays are bad for me. I plan my Friday around it...

Reactions: Irwineer2
Oh...this is GREAT...whatever Sutter brother is on my broadcast... I can tell em from that f'n hook nose, just threw Murray under the bus? Hey look fella, your chumps are a bunch of stiffled stiffs tonight...settle down hotshot!

Check out this replay ot Sid's roof job in Calgary the other night.

While there are clearly some Pens (or at least Crosby) fans in the crowd, I find it hard to believe there were that many. Anyway, it sure sound like a pretty loud "how in the hell did he do that" kind-of moan from the home crowd.

Meanwhile.....outside of maybe Ovechkin.....is there anyone in the game who relies more on his ability to fire the puck on the breakway (rather than try and deke the goaltender in any manner) than Kessel ??

The guy just flat throws it up there from the hash marks and says "see if you can stop it".....and on the breakway, he usually cashes in. Come to think of it, I'm not sure even 8 puts it up as early as Kessel on the break.

Does anyone in the game have as much pure torque in his wrists as Phat ??

First 8.5 minutes of the game have been played mostly in the Pens end....aside one post hit, Pens offense has been non-existent thus far.

No score after 1......SOG 11-8 Canucks, and while they carried play throughout most the period, he Pens probably had the better chances (Geno in particular, and it was Hags who hit the post early).

Kessel taps-in the rebound at the goal line off the Malkin shot......1-0 Pens.

Sid backhand score off an excellent bullet assist pass by Guentzel......2-0 Pens.

Can't remember a 4-game western trip where we were so dominant.

Last edited:
The best player on the ice, Malkin, finally gets one on the doorstep off a great feed by Sprong (who had a great chance himself about 30 seconds previous to the assist)......3-0 Pens.

59 seconds later, Kessel hits Geno in full stride from the near boards and Malkin goes rip city on Jacob Markstrom's (who has played a decent game) glove side....4-0 Pens.

Sid's 2nd of the night via Guentzel's hard dig pass to Oleksiak in the slot, who then fires it to Sid on the doorstep. 5-0 Pens

Final score 5-0 Pens, DeSmith with the 29 save shutout.......probably his best of the night in the last 30 seconds he when stones Loui Eriksson from 10 feet away from right up the slot.

Final score 5-0 Pens, DeSmith with the 29 save shutout.......probably his best of the night in the last 30 seconds he when stones Loui Eriksson from 10 feet away from right up the slot.
Thanks for the breakdowns...I passed out around 10 last night after a few pops and busy day lol...damn I wanted to catch some of the game though. THAT good eh? I'm really hopeful they can keep this streak alive back at PPG. I suggest making request to the league to wear white at home for the time being...no BEGGING the league lol.

Thanks for the breakdowns...I passed out around 10 last night after a few pops and busy day lol...damn I wanted to catch some of the game though. THAT good eh? I'm really hopeful they can keep this streak alive back at PPG. I suggest making request to the league to wear white at home for the time being...no BEGGING the league lol.

This issue about home teams again wearing white at home is a pseudo-regular topic of conversation on NHLN Radio, and the generalized opinion of those fans seems to be IN FAVOR of that change. But from what I can tell from the peanut gallery, the League doesn't seem to share that view.

I can't prove this, but something tells me wearing dark at home is something which Gary Bettman strongly favors......and if HE likes it, nobody in the League offices will be looking for fans' opinions to the contrary anytime soon.

Reactions: torontoeers
This issue about home teams again wearing white at home is a pseudo-regular topic of conversation on NHLN Radio, and the generalized opinion of those fans seems to be IN FAVOR of that change. But from what I can tell from the peanut gallery, the League doesn't seem to share that view.

I can't prove this, but something tells me wearing dark at home is something which Gary Bettman strongly favors......and if HE likes it, nobody in the League offices will be looking for fans' opinions to the contrary anytime soon.
They need to go back to it ...gave all of those attending the game opportunity to see the real colours of the opposing teams...in saying that I strongly suggest whites this week for continued MOJO! Never happen though...

Reactions: COOL MAN
NYI (coming to town in TUE) turned in a legitimate 6-1 arse kicking of the Cryers in Philly yesterday. An interesting stat; Cryers out shot the Isles 23-22.....meanwhile, the Isles are in Carolina today.

Finally, did you realize the Pens are now in FIRST place as a result of this 4-game winning streak ?? One more thing; Pens are currently tied with Colorado for first place in goal differential.....guess that's what a 9-1 win will do for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: torontoeers
NYI (coming to town in TUE) turned in a legitimate 6-1 arse kicking of the Cryers in Philly yesterday. An interesting stat; Cryers out shot the Isles 23-22.....meanwhile, the Isles are in Carolina today.

Finally, did you realize the Pens are now in FIRST place as a result of this 4-game winning streak ?? One more thing; Pens are currently tied with Colorado for first place in goal differential.....guess that's what a 9-1 win will do for you.
I like that...even more I like the true bearing of a 6 and 3 record rather than this asshat point system of a 6-1-2 definition. Tells me this team is getting a good number of meaningful regulation W's...keep it up!

FYI @COOL MAN ...your Petes? Not too shabby a start. New coach Wilson has em workin at least... 9 and 7 right now with the Shwa dirtballs breathing down their necks. They play again Thurs night at home which if I can convince wifey, we'll attend. Season series split 2 and 1 in their favour.
Ottawa seems a serious juggernaut this year, they really have it going...meanwhile the usual suspects in the West are not fairing quite as well yet. Them cheatin lyin Londoners are middling a bit. Windsor is fairly crappy. The Soo being the exception at top of conference.....but Flint! Oh my they are a complete dumpster fire at 13-0. Not surprised really with the circus type atmosphere there in the past. I feel sorry for any kid drafted there...
Full standings linked below.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/standings/63/

Also meanwhile...not sure if I mentioned to you since or you had heard, but Cuylle's commit to State Penn? A veiled threat...Petes traded his rights to Windsor (whom he commited to) in exchange for a whopping 7 draft picks. Most of em are 2nd/3rd rounders spread over 4 or 5 years. I still would rather have had the next best guy on list at the draft back in spring, oh well...live and learn.
Link to that deal.
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/will-cuylle-commits-to-spitfires

DK reporting today that Brassard.....who sat out the game in Vancouver after being injured late in the Calgary game.....missed today's practice; sounds like he may be out for awhile. Meantime, Letang reportedly left practice early and is considered a gametime decision tomorrow night. It appears this is a by-product of the hit-to-the-knee he took on Saturday night which caused him to miss several minutes of the game.

Speaking of the Canucks game, Ruhwedel replaced Riikola in the lineup Saturday night and (I thought) looked pretty decent. I myself suspect he'll remain in the lineup for a bit.

FYI @COOL MAN ...your Petes? Not too shabby a start. New coach Wilson has em workin at least... 9 and 7 right now with the Shwa dirtballs breathing down their necks. They play again Thurs night at home which if I can convince wifey, we'll attend. Season series split 2 and 1 in their favour.
Ottawa seems a serious juggernaut this year, they really have it going...meanwhile the usual suspects in the West are not fairing quite as well yet. Them cheatin lyin Londoners are middling a bit. Windsor is fairly crappy. The Soo being the exception at top of conference.....but Flint! Oh my they are a complete dumpster fire at 13-0. Not surprised really with the circus type atmosphere there in the past. I feel sorry for any kid drafted there...
Full standings linked below.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/standings/63/

Also meanwhile...not sure if I mentioned to you since or you had heard, but Cuylle's commit to State Penn? A veiled threat...Petes traded his rights to Windsor (whom he commited to) in exchange for a whopping 7 draft picks. Most of em are 2nd/3rd rounders spread over 4 or 5 years. I still would rather have had the next best guy on list at the draft back in spring, oh well...live and learn.
Link to that deal.
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/will-cuylle-commits-to-spitfires

Glad to hear the Petes are off the deck; anyway, ever since you told me Boone Jenner played for the dirtballs, I don't like them anymore than you do. :boxing:

As for Cuylle, haven't heard too many players traded for 7 picks on any level. Guess I've always thought Windsor to be considered....on paper, at least.....one of the better landing spots in the O. However, I don't seem to remember hearing much about them the last few years......regardless, I assume the kid's Dad is delighted with the move since P-boro evidently isn't high enough on the food chain for his boy.

Speaking of the dirtballs, DK ran a piece last week regarding a Latvian kid named Renars Krastenberg......who apparently played 2 years with the Gens before being invited to Pens FA development camp this past summer. The kid was good enough to be one of only 2 FA's invited to the Prospects Challenge in Buffalo.....where the Pens kids got bitch-slapped by everyone.....and impressed enough to be invited to WB/S training camp. He then played well enough to be offered a WB/S contract, after which he was assigned to Wheeling.

Anyway, was just wondering if that name meant anything to you, t......

Glad to hear the Petes are off the deck; anyway, ever since you told me Boone Jenner played for the dirtballs, I don't like them anymore than you do. :boxing:

As for Cuylle, haven't heard too many players traded for 7 picks on any level. Guess I've always thought Windsor to be considered....on paper, at least.....one of the better landing spots in the O. However, I don't seem to remember hearing much about them the last few years......regardless, I assume the kid's Dad is delighted with the move since P-boro evidently isn't high enough on the food chain for his boy.

Speaking of the dirtballs, DK ran a piece last week regarding a Latvian kid named Renars Krastenberg......who apparently played 2 years with the Gens before being invited to Pens FA development camp this past summer. The kid was good enough to be one of only 2 FA's invited to the Prospects Challenge in Buffalo.....where the Pens kids got bitch-slapped by everyone.....and impressed enough to be invited to WB/S training camp. He then played well enough to be offered a WB/S contract, after which he was assigned to Wheeling.

Anyway, was just wondering if that name meant anything to you, t......
Wha?!? I sure as $hit do remember him lol...he had several 2-3 point games against us last year. The one I remember he actually missed in the shootout, which the Petes lost anyway. He's a nifty little player, good with his puck control. So he's ours now eh? Well alright...good flyer to take imo! [thumb2]

Good ole Boone the half wit...maiming players for years now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT