ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

Crew was right...they are goin high at Murray but then to my eyes they are everywhere now in the league. It's one of the few spots to get a legit shot through. To the left or right of the head. You arent getting one by 30 while he's spread eagle cross the ice down low....good road first for the most part.

Just flicked on the game a second before the tying goal......and it looked to me like Letang made a very poor defensive decision at the far wall on Bailey, allowing him to cruise in free.

Oh, and is it just me, or is Penguins goaltending in general VERY poor on breakaways (and shootouts) ??

Reactions: torontoeers
Is Hagelin ever going to be more than a fast skater? There is no part of his game better now than 5 years ago. Considering how often he lines up with Geno, the dude should score 15-20 a year.

I like that edge from Horney on Mayfield...but honestly all, run down this Isles lineup, do yourself a favour and include our former BACKUP goalie...really? ****in about again with these guys? Wake the hell up.

Just flicked on the game a second before the tying goal......and it looked to me like Letang made a very poor defensive decision at the far wall on Bailey, allowing him to cruise in free.

Oh, and is it just me, or is Penguins goaltending in general VERY poor on breakaways (and shootouts) ??

Very poor. Murray just doesn't have elite quickness. Honestly I'm ready for DeSmith to start splitting time

Very poor. Murray just doesn't have elite quickness. Honestly I'm ready for DeSmith to start splitting time
Nah...no way...they know where to go on MM but, he has shown he can be better. And it's one freakin one OM1! The Isles have had plenty of chances...he was good in period one and lights out of late (his last 3 or 4 starts), no way I split time now. The odd Start for Casey sure, to push him a bit. If Casey rhymes off a few Big ones and MM has 3 or 4 clunkers then sure. This D is horrible at times!!!

Nah...no way...they know where to go on MM but, he has shown he can be better. And it's one freakin one OM1! The Isles have had plenty of chances...he was good in period one and lights out of late (his last 3 or 4 starts), no way I split time now. The odd Start for Casey sure, to push him a bit. If Casey rhymes off a few Big ones and MM has 3 or 4 clunkers then sure. This D is horrible at times!!!

Murray is great when the Pens are good defensively. He is technically sound. He has decent handles. He is mentally tough. But when they aren't good in front of him, he just can't, IMO, steal a game like MAF could because of his relative lack of quickness.

Reactions: COOL MAN

MM is not the guy I want in that scenario...with a flurry (pardon the pun) in front of the net, all hell breakin loose? There is nobody else I would want in net other than 30. He covers too much ground.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Murray is great when the Pens are good defensively. He is technically sound. He has decent handles. He is mentally tough. But when they aren't good in front of him, he just can't, IMO, steal a game like MAF could because of his relative lack of quickness.
That mental toughness and his size are his best attributes imo...he takes it daily from the facebook coaches. He has that one BIG fault the glove, the opposition knows it. But I still believe he is incredibly sound technical down low...and he doesn't cruise behind our net, into the corners et al like somebody I used to know. DeSmith is hopefully proving himself now consistent to give 30 a go...MM needs the PUSH!

Murray definitely frosts me, but there's no way DeSmith is better than an NHL backup......Murray may not have cat quickness, but DeSmith is anything but a big league athlete. What he has, IMO, is decent composure, and a pretty quick glove hand.

Reactions: torontoeers
We lose this one...as it seems, new November thread needed, have at it first come first served...we manage a miraculous comeback vs The Isles...yea that's right the Isles, this one rides.. agreed?

The Penguins gushed over Riikola during camp.......what has happened?

Not sure anything has really "happened"....... Riikola was a pleasant surprise (whatever that means, exactly) in camp and earned a roster spot. However, his roster spot is the 6th/7th defenseman.....just like Ruhwedel.

ADVERTISEMENT