ADVERTISEMENT

Things are about to get interesting now..

dbolt4wvu

Freshman
Sep 2, 2006
With our first Big 12 game just hours away, this is where we get some real answers. Obviously, Kansas is neither much of an indicator of how good we are or a barometer game by any stretch of the imagination but it is still a conference game. That said......

How do you guys think we're to fare? I have major concerns about our CBs but, I think that they're improving and for more obvious reasons; our special teams, while Simms returning punts and KOs is promising, that's about as far as the positives go (in my opinion). To be frank, we just continue to suck on that side of the ball.

Beyond that though, I think we're going to be damned competitive in conference if don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Lay it out there to me. What say you?

With our first Big 12 game just hours away, this is where we get some real answers. Obviously, Kansas is neither much of an indicator of how good we are or a barometer game by any stretch of the imagination but it is still a conference game. That said......

How do you guys think we're to fare? I have major concerns about our CBs but, I think that they're improving and for more obvious reasons; our special teams, while Simms returning punts and KOs is promising, that's about as far as the positives go (in my opinion). To be frank, we just continue to suck on that side of the ball.

Beyond that though, I think we're going to be damned competitive in conference if don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Lay it out there to me. What say you?

I think we are closer on DLine. I'd like to see us establish a solid rotation...McDougle continuing to develop is key. At corner, need Daniels to continue to establish himself and we play the hot hand on the other side. There is talent in the CB rotation. Much like last year, it was Douglas on one side and Crawford/Battle/Winfield on the other. I'd love to get Long back this week for some snaps. Get him game ready pre TCU.

Reactions: dbolt4wvu
The terrible opposition had one benefit for WVU: It gave the inexperienced defense, with 8 starters from last season gone, time to learn and benefit from Tony Gibson's brilliant coaching.

Actually, there's a 2nd benefit. Grier and the receivers had never played a down together in a game before this season. So they have had 4 games (including Kansas) to work on chemistry and timing before the TCUs and Texas Techs and -- whew! -- Oklahomas and Oklahoma States show up.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Reactions: dbolt4wvu
Very, very true. Plus, gave us some experience on second teams and we actually got to see that we have a pretty dang good back up QB. Chuggs getting game reps is absolutely invaluable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT