ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Received this email (awaiting school confirmation)

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Dear Mountaineer Nation,

Now that our 2015 season has come to a close, I would like to announce my intentions to enter this year’s NFL draft and thank those of you that made my West Virginia experience so special.

First and foremost, thank you Coach Holgorsen. You showed your commitment to me even before I came to Morgantown, traveling to my family’s home in Philadelphia to discuss my future as a Mountaineer. You have reaffirmed that commitment everyday since, and I could not have asked for a better role model during my college years.

Thank you also to my defensive coaches, who worked day in and day out to shape me into the player I am today. Coach Gibson and Coach Mitchell, you pushed me to meet and exceed my own expectations for myself. Your mentorship, both on and off the field, was invaluable and I can never repay you for all that you have taught me about the game I love. The same goes for my strength coaches Mike Joseph, Kevin McCadam, and Daryl Bauer who ensured that I would be physically prepared for the daunting task ahead of me.

Most importantly, thank you to my teammates. We went to battle together every Saturday and no matter the outcome, we left the field as brothers. As a freshman, you taught me how to listen and contribute and as a Junior this season, you taught me how to lead. To all of my “Dawgs”, you know how we played whenever we stepped in between those lines. Continue to always play with that mentality. Finally, thank you to all of “BBE” (chest pound) -- you all know who you are. Although I have played my last game in a West Virginia uniform, I have no doubt that the relationships I forged with all of you will last for years to come.

Finally, thank you to the large network of fans and supporters. You all have embraced me since day one and I will always treasure the memories you have given me over the past three years. As I start this next chapter of my life, I join you all as a West Virginia Football fan and member of Mountaineer Nation. Rest assured that I will be representing our Mountaineers proudly forever!

Once A Mountaineer, Always A Mountaineer,

Daryl Worley #7

I'm suppose to believe the kid who was just academically ineligible this weekend actually wrote that nice letter?

Dear Mountaineer Nation,

Now that our 2015 season has come to a close, I would like to announce my intentions to enter this year’s NFL draft and thank those of you that made my West Virginia experience so special.

First and foremost, thank you Coach Holgorsen. You showed your commitment to me even before I came to Morgantown, traveling to my family’s home in Philadelphia to discuss my future as a Mountaineer. You have reaffirmed that commitment everyday since, and I could not have asked for a better role model during my college years.

Thank you also to my defensive coaches, who worked day in and day out to shape me into the player I am today. Coach Gibson and Coach Mitchell, you pushed me to meet and exceed my own expectations for myself. Your mentorship, both on and off the field, was invaluable and I can never repay you for all that you have taught me about the game I love. The same goes for my strength coaches Mike Joseph, Kevin McCadam, and Daryl Bauer who ensured that I would be physically prepared for the daunting task ahead of me.

Most importantly, thank you to my teammates. We went to battle together every Saturday and no matter the outcome, we left the field as brothers. As a freshman, you taught me how to listen and contribute and as a Junior this season, you taught me how to lead. To all of my “Dawgs”, you know how we played whenever we stepped in between those lines. Continue to always play with that mentality. Finally, thank you to all of “BBE” (chest pound) -- you all know who you are. Although I have played my last game in a West Virginia uniform, I have no doubt that the relationships I forged with all of you will last for years to come.

Finally, thank you to the large network of fans and supporters. You all have embraced me since day one and I will always treasure the memories you have given me over the past three years. As I start this next chapter of my life, I join you all as a West Virginia Football fan and member of Mountaineer Nation. Rest assured that I will be representing our Mountaineers proudly forever!

Once A Mountaineer, Always A Mountaineer,

Daryl Worley #7

Dear Daryl,

I thank you for what you have contributed to this program and to the WVU football team. We will miss you. I have to say that, based upon your letter and the way you wrote it... I find it hard to believe you missed the bowl game due to academics. You seem like a very articulate young man. Please use your inherent instincts and intelligence to avoid all of those that will attempt to "prey" on you for a piece of YOUR action. God bless and God speed!

Reactions: lenny4wvu and 5150
Best of luck DW.....I hope you have a long and prosperous NFL career! Thanks for your contributions to the program!

Reactions: lenny4wvu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT