ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Official basketball coaching search announced

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (March 13, 2024) – West Virginia University Vice President and Director of Athletics Wren Baker announced today the beginning of a national search for a new head men’s basketball coach.

“As I shared last summer following our initial coaching transition, we decided to wait until the conclusion of the 2023-24 season before embarking on a full national search,” said Baker. “Upon our return to Morgantown from the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship, I met with Coach Eilert, the coaching staff and the team to let them know we are moving forward with our search plans. All of Mountaineer Nation owes a debt of gratitude to Coach Eilert for his leadership during a challenging season, as he and his staff faced all obstacles with class and professionalism.

“We are now focused on our collective future, and I am excited about what comes next. We compete in the best men’s basketball conference in America, we have incredible fans and supporters, we have a history of success and we have a commitment to winning. I am confident we will engage a strong pool of candidates and identify the right leader for our program. As I shared with our student-athletes, we will move deliberately but as swiftly as we can in the days ahead.”

GIjVOI1XoAA1-jQ

I hope the entire staff is treated well and can continue their careers. The season wasn't anyone wanted but everyone handled the situation with grace and class. It is my opinion they did very well under the circumstances and represented the university excellent.

Reactions: sgfeer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT