ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Sens

Well, we now have a taste of what the Craps and Blojax ate against the Pens.....and let's be honest, that's why the team down 3-2 gets the 6th game at home.

I don't worry about the Pens getting out skated on Thursday; I worry about Murray getting outplayed again by Anderson.

No sleep tonight.
Not for 2 nights here....Pens and Sens fans invading on my backyard on a late spring evening Thurs eve, weather supposed to be low 70's and comfortable ....and truth be told what is not to like about that aspect all told....BE LOUD PENS FAITHFUL, This crew has battled with the best of them over the years...they will need our support!!!!

Well, we now have a taste of what the Craps and Blojax ate against the Pens.....and let's be honest, that's why the team down 3-2 gets the 6th game at home.

I don't worry about the Pens getting out skated on Thursday; I worry about Murray getting outplayed again by Anderson.
I think he shows...especially at home...I knew he wouldn't let in the softie late but, I did question the second marker tonight....now he earns his stripes....

Anyone still up and second guessing lol? Arrgghh...I imagine ColoradoMountaineer is, and looking forward to a Pens / Preds matchup rather than the Sens...let er dangle imo, best on best...the Preds have earned their way....now...will the Pens? Lets hope so.....this Stanley Cup matchup is far more intriguing than essentially the mid 90's early 2000's NJ Devils North vs the up and coming Preds

It's 2:31 and I can't sleep. Screw Kessel and his need to set everything on a tee before shooting. Screw the piece of crap Hagelin who got exactly 9 minutes of ice which was 9 too many. Archibald was far more productive .....at least he tries. Screw Cullen who obviously was hurt in game 5 and couldn't move. Screw Murray and his inability to get to the post on the first goal. Most of all screw the Refs who had to have bet their houses on the outcome. How in Lord Stanley's great name does the eye-gouging, slew-footing, gang tackling, ass raping, and elbowing hoard from Ottawa end up with more PPs then the Pens? The call on Hainsey hasn't been made in this league in 2 years or maybe 3. That was a post lockout interference that literally hasn't been made since about 2008. Sid was literally ass-raped on CBC and NBC and the league office cheered.

But it comes down to,secondary scoring again. zero from the Pens. Guentzel couldn't score in a women's prison right now. Rust, Mr. Big Game, has 1 shot. 1 from the 4th line and that came from Archinald. And while I am at it, damn Sid. On any one of 3 of your 6 shots, you elevate the puck 6 inches, the game was at least tied at the end of 3 periods.

It's now 2:52. I may not sleep.

Reactions: Euell
It's 2:31 and I can't sleep. Screw Kessel and his need to set everything on a tee before shooting. Screw the piece of crap Hagelin who got exactly 9 minutes of ice which was 9 too many. Archibald was far more productive .....at least he tries. Screw Cullen who obviously was hurt in game 5 and couldn't move. Screw Murray and his inability to get to the post on the first goal. Most of all screw the Refs who had to have bet their houses on the outcome. How in Lord Stanley's great name does the eye-gouging, slew-footing, gang tackling, ass raping, and elbowing hoard from Ottawa end up with more PPs then the Pens? The call on Hainsey hasn't been made in this league in 2 years or maybe 3. That was a post lockout interference that literally hasn't been made since about 2008. Sid was literally ass-raped on CBC and NBC and the league office cheered.

But it comes down to,secondary scoring again. zero from the Pens. Guentzel couldn't score in a women's prison right now. Rust, Mr. Big Game, has 1 shot. 1 from the 4th line and that came from Archinald. And while I am at it, damn Sid. On any one of 3 of your 6 shots, you elevate the puck 6 inches, the game was at least tied at the end of 3 periods.

It's now 2:52. I may not sleep.

I feel your frustration bro. It seems the NHL really wanted a game 7. No wonder this league is a niche league. No wonder only a fraction of sports fans watch. Mario was right this IS a garage league. A damn shame one team is allowed to gain an advantage by any means necessary while the other has goals taken away. What a freakin joke.

I hope the Pens are at least half as pissed as I am. As bad as we got raped we still had glorious chances. I hope we get Horny back Thursday as it doesn't seem anyone else is willing to go to the net. And if Shultz is back can we sit Hainsey please! Slow as molasses. And where was Hags last night? Ugh. Gonna be a long couple days boys.

Reactions: Euell and hbeacheer
While I myself won't deny I too am pretty bummed today, I truthfully didn't lose much sleep last night. Maybe because, when you really distill it all down, the Pens simply didn't do enough......or else prevent the Sens from doing enough...to win the game.

NHLN Radio's Steve Kouleas.....one of the network's more pro-Penguins guys.....said he didn't feel like the Pens, while having plenty of SOG, made Anderson's night sufficiently miserable. He said that while CA made plenty of "B+" saves, he wasn't asked to make near enough "A+" saves. And, I'm not altogether sure I disagree with him.

Anderson seemingly never moved in his crease last night... aside the disallowed goal, I don't think the Pens contacted him anywhere near as much as the Sens did Murray.....and he made virtually all his saves right dead in front of the cage. Long and short, I think there's some legitimacy to SK's argument; though to be fair, the Pens only legitimate in-the-crease guy hasn't dressed the past 3 games.

As for the officiating, what are you gonna' do ?? This is the kind of shit that happens in the playoffs, and it's never going to change.....no matter how much we despise it......especially for a team like the Pens who never get as many calls in the playoffs as they do in the regular season. The Sens rightly concluded early in the game the stripes weren't going to make them pay for their extracurricular crap; and if anyone knew that, it's Sid.

Of course, you also have the Pens amazing propensity to get caught with too many men on the ice; in fact, I think they had seven out there skating in the last 3 minutes when they got called. I don't play the game, so I don't know whose owns that fault (HCMS ??).. But that was a fairly damaging call which shouldn't have happened.

Anyway,. I remain more concerned about Murray versus Anderson tomorrow night than pretty much anything else. DK was back on the Fleury bandwagon this morning, arguing he should start Game 7 because he's a great guy, deserves another chance, and because his teammates love him (and because the home crowd usually energizes him).

But even with my less than thrilled assessment of his game.....frankly, on both goals, but Ryan's in particular.....Murray's goaltending was hardly the reason they lost. As for Game 7, if they can't come out and just play their game and win on their home ice.....though their historic record in Game 7's is not very good (especially at home).....they hardly deserve to play for the Cup after finishing the season on a 2-game losing streak..

While I myself won't deny I too am pretty bummed today, I truthfully didn't lose much sleep last night. Maybe because, when you really distill it all down, the Pens simply didn't do enough......or else prevent the Sens from doing enough...to win the game.

NHLN Radio's Steve Kouleas.....one of the network's more pro-Penguins guys.....said he didn't feel like the Pens, while having plenty of SOG, made Anderson's night sufficiently miserable. He said that while CA made plenty of "B+" saves, he wasn't asked to make near enough "A+" saves. And, I'm not altogether sure I disagree with him.

Anderson seemingly never moved in his crease last night... aside the disallowed goal, I don't think the Pens contacted him anywhere near as much as the Sens did Murray.....and he made virtually all his saves right dead in front of the cage. Long and short, I think there's some legitimacy to SK's argument; though to be fair, the Pens only legitimate in-the-crease guy hasn't dressed the past 3 games.

As for the officiating, what are you gonna' do ?? This is the kind of shit that happens in the playoffs, and it's never going to change.....no matter how much we despise it......especially for a team like the Pens who never get as many calls in the playoffs as they do in the regular season. The Sens rightly concluded early in the game the stripes weren't going to make them pay for their extracurricular crap; and if anyone knew that, it's Sid.

Of course, you also have the Pens amazing propensity to get caught with too many men on the ice; in fact, I think they had seven out there skating in the last 3 minutes when they got called. I don't play the game, so I don't know whose owns that fault (HCMS ??).. But that was a fairly damaging call which shouldn't have happened.

Anyway,. I remain more concerned about Murray versus Anderson tomorrow night than pretty much anything else. DK was back on the Fleury bandwagon this morning, arguing he should start Game 7 because he's a great guy, deserves another chance, and because his teammates love him (and because the home crowd usually energizes him).

But even with my less than thrilled assessment of his game.....frankly, on both goals, but Ryan's in particular.....Murray's goaltending was hardly the reason they lost. As for Game 7, if they can't come out and just play their game and win on their home ice.....though their historic record in Game 7's is not very good (especially at home).....they hardly deserve to play for the Cup after finishing the season on a 2-game losing streak..

Murray was solid last night. Not sure I understand the logic of wanting to go back to Fleury even though he did nothing to justify being pulled. If the Pens play like they did last night with more traffic in front of Anderson they'll win. That's assuming we can also score a PP goal and stop putting too many men on the ice! Last night was the perfect storm and the Sens still barely won. Let's just hope the Pens jump out to an early lead.

As for the too many men, IMO it can go both ways...players and coach. Look at a guy (who at times to me appears a borderline lunatic) Boucher, and how often he mixes up his lines in a blender and its squarely all on him...his players have to be magicians I think to follow his combos...Sully mixes a bit, but not nearly at the level of the Sens, it is on the players to listen and be ready in this case...just my opinion.

As for the officiating even the Sens fans were complaining last game, which to my eyes and EERS seems a bit rich. As I said at the time, how the two man gang tackle on Sid down low with no puck on his stick (not that it would matter if there was) doesn't get called is completely beyond me. I was incensed, and still am...

Re: The Pens net...interesting situation somewhat. Flower is beloved and rightfully so...has done a beyond admirable job all post season, however Murray was annointed #1 this season, did not win the Cup for the Pens per say but was a part of why it happened, and imo did not look bad on the screen 1st goal but if I were to complain it would be the second, although off the post is a close one...I know who the majority of fans want in there, perhaps even the team wants in there? But do I know who I want in there? Wow...tough call...if Murray is the future I suppose it may NEED to be him? However if he looks awful (unlikely) or even slightly sub par in a loss (I sure hope not), well, get ready for the second guessing, Murray to go through a meat grinder etc...he has shown the ability to bounce back quickly at times after a bad goal and shake it off, something tells me whichever one gets the hemp hut it is on a shorter leash than usual....decisions , decisions lol.....let's just hope the ride continues. As much as the drama is somewhat fun, I'm hopeful for an early onslaught from the good guys, and coast to victory....round about 7- donut would work for me again!

Reactions: WVRON
Murray was solid last night. Not sure I understand the logic of wanting to go back to Fleury even though he did nothing to justify being pulled. If the Pens play like they did last night with more traffic in front of Anderson they'll win. That's assuming we can also score a PP goal and stop putting too many men on the ice! Last night was the perfect storm and the Sens still barely won. Let's just hope the Pens jump out to an early lead.
Ron...I am looking for the prediction...when calling it you seem to be a bit of a soothsayer! Tell me what I wanna hear lol....

Ron...I am looking for the prediction...when calling it you seem to be a bit of a soothsayer! Tell me what I wanna hear lol....

Lol! I do that same thing with my wife. As for the game I feel confident. I thought we played a heck of a game Tuesday but just didn't get the puck luck or calls when we needed them. Tonight we come out FLYING and bury these ass hats! What was done to Sid last game was deplorable and Sid WILL have the last laugh. Pens score early and the Sens panic. Pens keep coming in waves and win 4-1. Daddy needs a new cup!

BTW forgot to mention last week in Ottawa I counted at least a half dozen Sens jersey's in the crowd emblazoned with 'LEAFS SUCK' on the name bar...it must feel very empowering having to identify/validate your team based on another....especially a historically shitbag one...except when they play YOU Senators! [roll]

Lets go Pens! Smash em into oblivion tonight!

You've probably heard that Horndog and Schultz are being called game time decisions. DK is reporting that Horndog's problem is a hand injury......first I've heard that......which presumably means broken fingers/thumb. If you can't grip a stick, I guess you can't play hockey.

That said, I'm getting the impression he'd still be more likely to be the one to dress than Schultzie.

Lol! I do that same thing with my wife. As for the game I feel confident. I thought we played a heck of a game Tuesday but just didn't get the puck luck or calls when we needed them. Tonight we come out FLYING and bury these ass hats! What was done to Sid last game was deplorable and Sid WILL have the last laugh. Pens score early and the Sens panic. Pens keep coming in waves and win 4-1. Daddy needs a new cup!
I love it! I'm guessing goal # 2 (which would be the game winning goal under your scenario) scored by #13. (I'm going to hit one of these someday!)
Let's Go Pens!

I'm not making a prediction for tonight; but if I can't be confident that even this still personnel weakened squad can't beat a Sens team they've beaten 2 of the last 3 games on their home ice......which has become a pretty tough place for visitors to win at since HCMS arrived......then they don't deserve a shot to play for the Cup.

I'm not making a prediction for tonight; but if I can't be confident that even this still personnel weakened squad can't beat a Sens team they've beaten 2 of the last 3 games on their home ice......which has become a pretty tough place for visitors to win at since HCMS arrived......then they don't deserve a shot to play for the Cup.
I think the team shows...but will it be enough at the crunch...I think so...just...

You've probably heard that Horndog and Schultz are being called game time decisions. DK is reporting that Horndog's problem is a hand injury......first I've heard that......which presumably means broken fingers/thumb. If you can't grip a stick, I guess you can't play hockey.

That said, I'm getting the impression he'd still be more likely to be the one to dress than Schultzie.
And I would rather Horndog...if only because of his net presence AND I think he would be more up to speed on his feet...

Reactions: Euell
Good pace this far, though not really that much action. But with the first PP on a soft call against Wilson, advantage Sens.

Well, it's pretty clear who Pierre is rooting for tonight......and it's not the visitors. Of course, I listen to NHLN Radio during the day, and the ONLY ones on that station rooting for Pittsburgh are Pens callers. As a result, I don't mind if Pierre wants to pull vocally for his old buddy, Mario.

THIS is the Pens petiod; need to start picking it up.....especially with the Sens having the better of the early play.

Milbury and Jones talked about it between periods, but somebody really DOES need to start hitting Karlsson. He's getting WAY too much open ice tonight.

Reactions: torontoeers
Time for Bonino to light the lamp!

I don't care if it's Nick or someone else......but I'm not altogether sure the Pens best player tonight hasn't been Conor Sheary, who appears to be playing his best game in about 2 months tonight.

I don't care if it's Nick or someone else......but I'm not altogether sure the Pens best player tonight hasn't been Conor Sheary, who appears to be playing his best game in about 2 months tonight.
I don't care either and yes, CS has been very impressive!

I don't have the stats, but the Pens seem to be getting destroyed in the faceoff circle tonight. I think that's REALLY disrupted them thus far......

Is it just me, or did Sid largely disappear in the 2nd after what seemed to be a decent 1st ??

Meanwhile, conventional wisdom is that......as the favorite..... the pressure is ratcheting up on the Pens. I guess I agree in principle; but this game is SO even that I'm not altogether sure it applies.

But I have to admit the Sens appear to be very confident; neither the Pens.....nor the crowd.,... seem to have shaken them one bit.

Is it just me, or did Sid largely disappear in the 2nd after what seemed to be a decent 1st ??

Meanwhile, conventional wisdom is that......as the favorite..... the pressure is ratcheting up on the Pens. I guess I agree in principle; but this game is SO even that I'm not altogether sure it applies.

But I have to admit the Sens appear to be very confident; neither the Pens.....nor the crowd.,... seem to have shaken them one bit.
Just need to get it done....get ready....here we go boys!

Reactions: hbeacheer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT