ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Sens

What a game! So glad I didn't have to work today as after many, many beers last night I still couldn't get to sleep. I shouldn't be amazed but it just seems like a different hero comes to the rescue every game. I have been very critical of Kunitz but damn did I love me some Kuni last night! Lol! Glad we get a three day rest as my liver hates me right now!

I'm not even sure what's bothering Grapes; I guess he just thinks the only suitable pregame behavior is skating laps with a frown on your face. As I see it, this whole thing is HIS problem; if Subban or Toews or St. Carey were doing the same thing, he's be cheering them for bring loose rather than nervous.

As for taking shots at Kessel (and Hainsey, apparently) for being American, it means nothing to me. He's hated Kessel (and everything associated with the Pens) forever, and clearly thinks he's created some kind of cover for himself; leaving him free to play this nationalist angle in a game where everyone watching him is rooting for the Sens anyway.

To me, his whole demonstration is one big PFFFTTTT.......
And that is the kicker CM...He was attempting the nationalist angle last night and then in the past he praises the American players and $hits on anything Euro...all over the map, the man is more and more lughead until his last breath....and you bet yur ass I'll be damn curious to see the idiots reaction if Subban acts a jackass on the big stage...I'd love to see him punched in his slack jaw, like when he was a middling minor league meathead way back...

Reactions: Euell
What a game! So glad I didn't have to work today as after many, many beers last night I still couldn't get to sleep. I shouldn't be amazed but it just seems like a different hero comes to the rescue every game. I have been very critical of Kunitz but damn did I love me some Kuni last night! Lol! Glad we get a three day rest as my liver hates me right now!
Your night....I can DEFINITELY relate to Ron! Lol...14 the vet really showed up! I actually mentioned to my neighbor as the game started how we needed somebody to assume Horny's job bigtime...I suggested Kunitz but also suggested perhaps he's a bit old for that dynamic now? Well....he didn't do it the way Horny does but man o man did he EVER get it done! Thanks #14!!!

Well guys, we got our wish for which I'm grateful......and frankly, kind of surprised.

I myself really didn't think this particular team......coming into the playoffs......was as remotely good as that who won the Cup last season. But, if nothing else, they sure did redefine the word "perseverance". Plus, taking down Columbus AND Washington was a serious accomplishment in itself whether or not they win the Cup (not that anyone outside Pittsburgh cares about it).

We now need to (or better) be ready for the reality the entire hockey world will not only be rooting against the Pens......nothing new there.....but pulling en masse for the opposition. And if it weren't for the Pens representing the East, I freely admit I'd almost surely be rooting for Nashville, too; certainly against Eugene Melnyk.

The Hockey Writers did a piece about why the hockey world hates the Pens so much, comparing them to the New England Patriots (and Sid to Tom Brady). I think I get the general point; though even if the Pens win this season, they'll only be halfway to the Pats' record with Brady. The other difference is that while NFL fans clearly don't like Brady, the National media positively LOVES him. You can't say the same thing about Sid and the NHL media.

Then, you have continuous love affair pretty much everyone......at least outside St Louis and Minneapolis (and maybe Nashville)......has with the Black Hawks. I've never been SURE why that is, but I guess I just figured it's because Toews has always been represented around the League as the anti-Sid. Of course, if the Pens win this year, Sid ties Toews with 3 Cups; and the League loses that differentiator between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT