ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Sens

Between periods analysis on NBC is that the Sens dominated the 1st Period.

I admit I missed the first half of the period.....but I honestly missed all this supposed domination. I'm not saying Ottawa didn't have the better of the play; maybe they did, but I myself didn't see the ice as tilted anywhere near as much Roenick and Jones seem to think it's been. OTOH, I'd say the Sens probably had the better goal scoring chances.

Meanwhile, Rust might have been concussed simply by impact on the ice.....and it certainly looks like Schultz left with a wrist or elbow injury. We may have seen the reason why Streit earns his first PT in Game 3.

Reactions: Euell
I thought the energy was good in the first period and they generated some very nice scoring chances. Injuries are a concern, but I believe somebody is going to find the net in the second.

Reactions: torontoeers

I admit I missed the first half of the period.....but I honestly missed all this supposed domination. I'm not saying Ottawa didn't have the better of the play; maybe they did, but I myself didn't see the ice as tilted anywhere near as much Roenick and Jones seem to think it's been. OTOH, I'd say the Sens probably had the better goal scoring chances.

Meanwhile, Rust might have been concussed simply by impact on the ice.....and it certainly looks like Schultz left with a wrist or elbow injury. We may have seen the reason why Streit earns his first PT in Game 3.
What do you do when your #1,2 and 3 D men are gone? I honestly don't know...run and gun lol? Do we want Daley back on one leg next game? Maybe we do...good grief. And I think the statement the Sens dominated is HEAVILY overstated on their part btw...need a couple in the second here and hold the fort, this D will be gassed in 3...what was Schultzie pulling 25 mins a night? Had to be....eeesh...

Reactions: Euell

I don't agree at all with the analysts that Sens were superior in the first. I beginning to despise Keith Jones as much as I do Mike Milbury. BTW, I miss Mike Emrick. Get better soon Doc!

I don't agree at all with the analysts that Sens were superior in the first. I beginning to despise Keith Jones as much as I do Mike Milbury. BTW, I miss Mike Emrick. Get better soon Doc!
I wonder what the asshat Jones will say after THAT period? I have CBC Euell...let me know.

Might have been their best offensive period of the entire playoffs.....with, of course, nothing to show for it. I was honestly terrified they'd have had so many opportunities turned away, and the Sens would get a lucky bounce (or breakaway) and gain the lead. Happily, no such soap.....

No issues with that effort, but gotta' keep up until it finally brings rain......

I wonder what the asshat Jones will say after THAT period? I have CBC Euell...let me know.

Jones called it right and fair...... meanwhile, seeing Kessel going ape-shit on the bench (to no one in particular) may be the funniest thing I've seen from this team since their 2016 Video Christmas Card.

Might have been their best offensive period of the entire playoffs.....with, of course, nothing to show for it. I was honestly terrified they'd have had so many opportunities turned away, and the Sens would get a lucky bounce (or breakaway) and gain the lead. Happily, no such soap.....

No issues with that effort, but gotta' keep up until it finally brings rain......
THIS analysis is seeming more bang on the further we go...

By his admittedly subdued standards, tonight is the most aggressive (and certainly emotional) I've seen Kessel since he landed in Pittsburgh.

How much would you have bet before this series started that Sullivan would be playing Sid with Matt Cullen and Carter Rowney in the middle of the 3rd period of a tie game ??

Hey t, who's doing the CBC telecast......Hughson and Simpson ?? I figure the 1st team would be doing the series with the Canadian team.....

Kessel sure got a friendly bounce off the blocked shot......and fortunately, Anderson was surprised by the follow-up.

Oh man this is going to be a brutal series to get through. I thought we couldn't top the caps series but this is going to be a long grind.
Their trap is just deadly...fortunately we saw FEW Karlsson highlights tonight. I honestly cant say enough about the effort out of the forwards and especially the D so depleted to keep the puck in their zone...it was really something else imo...Matta with the Helmet tonight or Phil? Cole? Wow...I vote Olli....

Best of 5 now.....

Does the Boucher philosophy puzzle you as much as it does me ?? I appreciate he coaches that trap very effectively......and it's like the friggin' Burma Road trying to find open ice up the slot.....but the Sens never even looked at the Pens goal in the 3rd period until they got behind.

Then, add the fact they have a number of pretty solid goal scorers......Ryan, Pageau, Stone, Turris, Brassard, Hoffmann, plus Karlsson.....and you (or at least I) can't help but ask why they play defense almost exclusively, and virtually avoid offense unless it's served up on a silver platter.

This has turned into an incredibly compelling.....if low scoring.....series, which certainly has the looks of a 7 gamer. Meanwhile, after seeing the replay again, Schultz appears to have a shoulder injury.

Their trap is just deadly...fortunately we saw FEW Karlsson highlights tonight. I honestly cant say enough about the effort out of the forwards and especially the D so depleted to keep the puck in their zone...it was really something else imo...Matta with the Helmet tonight or Phil? Cole? Wow...I vote Olli....

No issue with giving the helmet to either Cole or Maatta, but I suspect Kessel takes it to Ottawa.....

What do you do when your #1,2 and 3 D men are gone? I honestly don't know...run and gun lol? Do we want Daley back on one leg next game? Maybe we do...good grief. And I think the statement the Sens dominated is HEAVILY overstated on their part btw...need a couple in the second here and hold the fort, this D will be gassed in 3...what was Schultzie pulling 25 mins a night? Had to be....eeesh...

Does anyone else think the Rust hit w
Oh....and hey...WVRON? Well called!!!! Yesir! Lol...

Love this game! Great patience by our boys! Did anyone else think Phaneuf left his skates on that hit on Rust? Also, in between the 2nd and 3rd periods I grilled some hot dogs...and Phil responded. Lol!

Sens didn't have a SOG in the first 15 minutes of the 3rd period, then finished with 7.......meanwhile, Pens with 50 hits tonight; that's at the Blojax/Craps level.

Oh man this is going to be a brutal series to get through. I thought we couldn't top the caps series but this is going to be a long grind.

Will be interested to see if the Sens open it up at least a little bit at home on Wednesday.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT