ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Season opener and Oct!

Read an interesting tweet from DK: he claims the purpose of replay in the NHL (in the case of the last second scramble in Tampa) is not to determine if the puck did or did not cross the goal line.....its only purpose is to decide if the call on the ice should be overturned.

Maybe that's a distinction without a difference, but he felt the officials did not follow the rules in their analysis of the War Room ruling.

Reactions: torontoeers
Read an interesting tweet from DK: he claims the purpose of replay in the NHL (in the case of the last second scramble in Tampa) is not to determine if the puck did or did not cross the goal line.....its only purpose is to decide if the call on the ice should be overturned.

Maybe that's a distinction without a difference, but he felt the officials did not follow the rules in their analysis of the War Room ruling.

Was there a call on the ice? I would assume it was ruled to not have gone in but I never saw a call

@COOL MAN ....it looks like we are back, FINALLY. And imo likely for at least a few years...I'd argue The Shwa wankers shouldn't be up at #2 seeing as we beat them in their barn and are tied in points.

New coach last year Wilson is getting results, and the draft picks are finally working out/sticking around. More impressive imo is the fact the first 9 games were road ones, so the ice system could be revamped at Mem Centre...to finally take out those Degenerates on a regular basis would be my #1 hope out of this recent resurgence. :smiley:
w6-top-10-graphic-1-730x730.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN
Was there a call on the ice? I would assume it was ruled to not have gone in but I never saw a call

That's a damned good question; one I myself can't answer. If anything, I'd have thought the stripes ruled NO GOAL......because I myself never recall ANY carrying on whatsoever from the home team after the play (though the Guins didn't exactly go apeshit, either).

Gudbranson to Anaheim for fringer Andreas Martinson and a #7 pick. Does not sound like the Guins have any salary retention.

Guess this will end the discussion......at least for the time being......about moving Johnson; I myself assume the Ducks were given their choice of Gud or JJ.

I’m fine with moving Guds and I think JR did a fantastic job of moving his contract and not retaining any of his salary. That being said, who is this teams enforcer now. Who punishes Wilson when he inevitably takes a cheap shot at one of our stars?

I’m fine with moving Guds and I think JR did a fantastic job of moving his contract and not retaining any of his salary. That being said, who is this teams enforcer now. Who punishes Wilson when he inevitably takes a cheap shot at one of our stars?
Nobody Ron.......NOBODY. It started with Oleksiak, and now moves on to Gud....both were every bit the D man JJ is for less or same $ and could throw punches....Irwin will disagree with me cause he bailed on Oleksiak when he was totally blindsided by that weasel Tom Wilson, but so be it....he loves Wilson off... :grimace:

Gudbranson to Anaheim for fringer Andreas Martinson and a #7 pick. Does not sound like the Guins have any salary retention.

Guess this will end the discussion......at least for the time being......about moving Johnson; I myself assume the Ducks were given their choice of Gud or JJ.
Andreas Martinson...aka some ****in guy/slug in the league, from Hockey hotbed Norway....about all I need to know....

That being said, who is this teams enforcer now. Who punishes Wilson when he inevitably takes a cheap shot at one of our stars?

Other than the one time (I think) that Gudbranson drilled (ironically) Wilson right after he arrived in Pittsburgh.......after which Wilson was never heard from again in that game...... I honestly don't recall him doing much enforcing for the Pens.

At the end of the day, it remains fairly clear (to me, at least) that having an enforcer on the roster is far more important to GMJR than Sully.

@COOL MAN ....it looks like we are back, FINALLY. And imo likely for at least a few years...I'd argue The Shwa wankers shouldn't be up at #2 seeing as we beat them in their barn and are tied in points.

New coach last year Wilson is getting results, and the draft picks are finally working out/sticking around. More impressive imo is the fact the first 9 games were road ones, so the ice system could be revamped at Mem Centre...to finally take out those Degenerates on a regular basis would be my #1 hope out of this recent resurgence. :smiley:
w6-top-10-graphic-1-730x730.jpg

So I understand, is this the sort of all-Canadian juniors equivalent of the college Top 25 ?? If so, i honestly didn't know anything like this existed.

Meanwhile, I always ROTFLMAO when you talk about "Shwa" (and better yet, combine it here with "wankers"). :joy:

Nobody Ron.......NOBODY. It started with Oleksiak, and now moves on to Gud....both were every bit the D man JJ is for less or same $ and could throw punches....Irwin will disagree with me cause he bailed on Oleksiak when he was totally blindsided by that weasel Tom Wilson, but so be it....he loves Wilson off... :grimace:

Lol

Well, PHN evidently expects both Rusty and Tricky Nicky to play tonight. This coming from former Pens reporter Shelly Anderson; who I always thought was reasonably well regarded in her beat days. So, I guess I'm proceeding under the assumption they WILL be in uniform, even though that didn't appear to be in the cards earlier in the week (particularly TN).

Like others, I'm anxious to see how the team "changes" when these injured vets begin to re-enter the lineup.

Other than the one time (I think) that Gudbranson drilled (ironically) Wilson right after he arrived in Pittsburgh.......after which Wilson was never heard from again in that game...... I honestly don't recall him doing much enforcing for the Pens.

At the end of the day, it remains fairly clear (to me, at least) that having an enforcer on the roster is far more important to GMJR than Sully.

Usually when you do have an enforcer on your roster there’s less shenanigans from the opponent as an ass beating usually deters such conduct. I can guarantee you there will be more liberties taken now.

Usually when you do have an enforcer on your roster there’s less shenanigans from the opponent as an ass beating usually deters such conduct. I can guarantee you there will be more liberties taken now.

Yeah, I know what their purpose is, RON.....and I myself believe in them (and don't recall saying/implying I didn't)...and GMJR has brought in not one but TWO of them (including one which cost them a #1 pick) in the last couple years; neither of which are still with the team. Meanwhile, do you have any specific recollection of Gudbranson taking a true enforcer role with the Pens (aside that Wilson skirmish to which i refer above) ?? I'd honestly like to know.......

I stand by my statement above regarding Sully and GMJR.

Last edited:
So I understand, is this the sort of all-Canadian juniors equivalent of the college Top 25 ?? If so, i honestly didn't know anything like this existed.

Meanwhile, I always ROTFLMAO when you talk about "Shwa" (and better yet, combine it here with "wankers"). :joy:
It is new I think last year, and it's no wonder I guess they are trying to compete with the NCAA angle there...yep the f'n Shwa lol, what a dump. Their local fans like to refer to it as 'The Shwigity Shwa' or just the Schwigity...I always kinda half cock my head with raised eyebrow when I hear this...

Yeah, I know what their purpose is, RON.....and I myself believe in them (and don't recall saying/implying I didn't)...and GMJR has brought in not one but TWO of them (including one which cost them a #1 pick) in the last couple years; neither of which are still with the team. Meanwhile, do you have any specific recollection of Gudbranson taking a true enforcer role with the Pens (aside that Wilson skirmish to which i refer above) ?? I'd honestly like to know.......

I stand by my statement above regarding Sully and GMJR.
Let's just go get a G damn W tonight and argue about this later lol...really need a positive outcome tonight imo after Wednesdays shenanigans....Let's Go!

Let's just go get a G damn W tonight and argue about this later lol...really need a positive outcome tonight imo after Wednesdays shenanigans....Let's Go!

Not really arguing, I don't think......anyway, glad to SEE that if we have to listen to homers on tonight's Center Ice broadcast, at least they're ours.

Wow, no goals for Seguin and Benn in a combined 15 games ?? Sure wish they weren't looking to get off THAT snide tonight.....

If you were wondering, Pavelski (at 35) signed with Dallas for 3 years/$21 million and Perry (at 34) for 1 year/$1.5 million.

ADVERTISEMENT