ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Season opener and Oct!

And we're off to The Burgh! Look for the handsome guy in red , Murr's corner 1st and 3rd tonight you beautiful bastards! So you can give me the one finger salute at my presence lol...
Hopefully this home losing streak of mine breaks...TONIGHT!
LETS GO PENS!!!
Going to the Avs Flames game tonight. Go Flames Go

Reactions: torontoeers
I have a better shot at winning the 50/50 than a W here I think...they look completely out of sorts. How many giveaways at the blue line, 6 or 7? Unreal...

serious question... at what point do you just give up on going to games? its got to be a pain in the ass for you travel wise, you couldn't buy a victory when you are there so whats the fvcking point?

just stop.

I have a better shot at winning the 50/50 than a W here I think...they look completely out of sorts. How many giveaways at the blue line, 6 or 7? Unreal...

Toronto you have a 100% better shot of seeing and avs game on tv than anyone in the Denver area. The only way to see and avs game is to go live at the moment here in Denver which I did. Wanted the Flames to win but they got doused. There is a dispute between altitude sports which carries the avs games and the local carriers this is the email they sent out to us yesterday.

Dear Avalanche Fan,

After 15 years of uninterrupted carriage, the Big Three cable and satellite providers - Comcast, DISH Network and DIRECTV - have elected not to continue to carry Altitude Sports & Entertainment, thereby denying hundreds of thousands of fans the ability to watch the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rapids, Colorado Mammoth and several local high school, college and professional sports teams in the Rocky Mountain region.

Those Big Three media conglomerates are using hardball tactics in hopes of making more money for themselves and making fans suffer by missing out on the upcoming NBA and NHL seasons. This is unacceptable. The hypocrisy is stunning. DIRECTV and Comcast own over a dozen similar sports networks across the country, and continue to carry them and provide them to their customers. Denver-area based DISH Network bolstered its subscriber numbers by being the first major provider to sign an agreement with Altitude when the network launched in 2004.

Therefore, Altitude is teaming up with sports fans across its 10-state territory to demand the Big Three put our Regional Sports Network back on the air asap. Please sign our petition and forward the link to fellow sports fans.

Per PHN, big moves here on Friday after last night's abortion.....in today's presumably joyous practice:
  • Simon was moved up with Sid and Jake (who, of course, both played like 4th liners last night) on the top line
  • Hornqvist.....who I didn't think, compared to most of the other forwards, was that bad last night.....was down with Tricky Nicky on the 3rd line
  • Kahun now owns Simon's old spot with Teddy and ZAR on the 4th line
Not sure about you knuckleheads, but sure I feel better now about tomorrow night against the Blojax :confused:

serious question... at what point do you just give up on going to games? its got to be a pain in the ass for you travel wise, you couldn't buy a victory when you are there so whats the fvcking point?

just stop.
I am going on Saturday......settle down though ...NOT to the Blojax tilt but the Eers game. I am pretty much gauranteed win in Motown 3 losses in about 16 or 17 games (both the Sooners no surprise and an OT to TCU I think). As for PPG it's a shame I always had luck at the Igloo...also a shame is it's imo the best arena in the league. I am the Road Warrior it seems. Unbeatable there. Wanna talk about a pain in the ass? How the hell am I gonna keep swinging trips to rinks hell and gone from my neck of the woods? You are either paying for my flight to keep us on the level or I am continuing my fixation at PPG lol. I am bored of always winning IN Buffalo and Ottawa when there...

Reactions: Irwineer2
Toronto you have a 100% better shot of seeing and avs game on tv than anyone in the Denver area. The only way to see and avs game is to go live at the moment here in Denver which I did. Wanted the Flames to win but they got doused. There is a dispute between altitude sports which carries the avs games and the local carriers this is the email they sent out to us yesterday.

Dear Avalanche Fan,

After 15 years of uninterrupted carriage, the Big Three cable and satellite providers - Comcast, DISH Network and DIRECTV - have elected not to continue to carry Altitude Sports & Entertainment, thereby denying hundreds of thousands of fans the ability to watch the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rapids, Colorado Mammoth and several local high school, college and professional sports teams in the Rocky Mountain region.

Those Big Three media conglomerates are using hardball tactics in hopes of making more money for themselves and making fans suffer by missing out on the upcoming NBA and NHL seasons. This is unacceptable. The hypocrisy is stunning. DIRECTV and Comcast own over a dozen similar sports networks across the country, and continue to carry them and provide them to their customers. Denver-area based DISH Network bolstered its subscriber numbers by being the first major provider to sign an agreement with Altitude when the network launched in 2004.

Therefore, Altitude is teaming up with sports fans across its 10-state territory to demand the Big Three put our Regional Sports Network back on the air asap. Please sign our petition and forward the link to fellow sports fans.
Wow that's rough...wtf?
I saw the Mammoth on that list. Didn't know they were fairly well televised (until now I guess) in the Denver area. Friend of mine Gee Nash and his brothers play on my slo pitch team lol. He was goalie there (not sure if you follow them or not) for about 5 or 6 years. Loved Colo he said...

Truth be told the Pens problems with Blue line play have haunted them the last 2 playoff series. Nothing really new on that front.
Oh for certain...but last night was extra special lol. I usually yell quite a bit at the games (ya I am that jerk but somebody has to), my voice was hoarse leaving the arena. It was an epidemic beyond belief and this time ALL of them had equal hand in it.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
In all seriousness I'm ready for my next roadie this winter or spring and want a drivable distance rink that we haven't been to yet. Been to Joe Louis is Detroit way back but never the new one? Columbus? If I can stomach that idiotic cannon, nevermind the meathead fans that inhabit it by the looks of things... Phuck Philly and their dump pit fans, Boston too...DC and Chitown are stretch drives...anyone been to Detroit or Columbus recently for a game?

Per PHN, big moves here on Friday after last night's abortion.....in today's presumably joyous practice:
  • Simon was moved up with Sid and Jake (who, of course, both played like 4th liners last night) on the top line
  • Hornqvist.....who I didn't think, compared to most of the other forwards, was that bad last night.....was down with Tricky Nicky on the 3rd line
  • Kahun now owns Simon's old spot with Teddy and ZAR on the 4th line
Not sure about you knuckleheads, but sure I feel better now about tomorrow night against the Blojax :confused:

Rutherford’s worst contract with the Pens was the length of the horny deal. 3 years remaining after this year at 5.3 per year. That never made sense to me and now it will haunt the organization.

In all seriousness I'm ready for my next roadie this winter or spring and want a drivable distance rink that we haven't been to yet. Been to Joe Louis is Detroit way back but never the new one? Columbus? If I can stomach that idiotic cannon, nevermind the meathead fans that inhabit it by the looks of things... Phuck Philly and their dump pit fans, Boston too...DC and Chitown are stretch drives...anyone been to Detroit or Columbus recently for a game?

I can ride Sid with the best if them but I truly find it incredible that the captain can hit the ice on opening night like it was a Sunday skate. At home no less.

Also, Malkin trips over his own man......might have been Letang......and skids to the boards in a kind-of kneeling position......and then Blojax D-man Gavrikov sits on him. Left the ice in obvious discomfort, Blojax booth speculating on the injury; my guess is he pulled a groin.

With Geno's history, we probably won't see him again until November....... IF we're lucky.

Did he break his wrist? My jackoff buddies are saying this...please say no?!?

Dubois ran Guentzel pretty good.......left him a little out on Queer Street.....and Sid followed Dubois down the other end of the ice and squared off with him. Few swings, bear hugs, majors assessed.....nobody injured.

7-2 final......Merzlikins wasn't ready to play in his first game in the League, and the Blojax didn't generate much in the way of legitimate offense (though they did have a decent number of shots). Good tonic for what ailed the Guins coming off Buffalo, but I'm not sure this game necessarily got rid of all Thursday night's stink.

Also, Malkin trips over his own man......might have been Letang......and skids to the boards in a kind-of kneeling position......and then Blojax D-man Gavrikov sits on him. Left the ice in obvious discomfort, Blojax booth speculating on the injury; my guess is he pulled a groin.

With Geno's history, we probably won't see him again until November....... IF we're lucky.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-penguins-forward-evgeni-malkin-out-long-term-but-not-for-season-1.1377667?tsn-amp
Brilliant...just brilliant...

Trade? With Bjugs out too ? No way do I wanna see Galchenyuk slotted in there, McCann maybe? This blows....

Not sure if I was just being a smart ass......or just put two and two together pretty much immediately.....but hey, I wish I would have been wrong.

At first glance, there seems little doubt that McCann is moving into Geno's spot. Maybe they'll do something with Galchenyuk at C......I think I'll just start referring to him ongoing as G-Yuk for brevity sake.....but reading between the lines, I'm getting the early impression that might not be something they want to do.

They can move Teddy into Tricky Nicky's slot, and I'm now reading Kahun has some experience playing the position. Lord knows he's not doing anything (thus far, at least) on the outside, so why not take him for a spin in the middle.

Pens' man-games-lost has been up and down the last few seasons, but this early trend is scary.......

Not sure if I was just being a smart ass......or just put two and two together pretty much immediately.....but hey, I wish I would have been wrong.

At first glance, there seems little doubt that McCann is moving into Geno's spot. Maybe they'll do something with Galchenyuk at C......I think I'll just start referring to him ongoing as G-Yuk for brevity sake.....but reading between the lines, I'm getting the early impression that might not be something they want to do.

They can move Teddy into Tricky Nicky's slot, and I'm now reading Kahun has some experience playing the position. Lord knows he's not doing anything (thus far, at least) on the outside, so why not take him for a spin in the middle.

Pens' man-games-lost has been up and down the last few seasons, but this early trend is scary.......
There are two glaring issues to my eyes outta this news... 1. This is a ton of goals out of the lineup if you include the departure of 81. ... 2 - if they try Kahun up the middle and move Teddy up? We are down about what, a foot at C ??? That is damn scary thought for a team that already gives limited pushback. Teams (The Jets for starters ) will totally steamroll us. I think GMJR absolutely has to deal. I've already had 6 or 7 buddies trying to peddle us Spezza for Casey. He is in Babs doghouse from day 1...I would have scoffed at this deal a week ago. Now? Maybe he could fill in for a bit as he's on an inexpensive one year deal. I can't believe I'm even suggesting it, but here we are! No matter who he can get if he decides to deal, The Pens are gonna get bent over.
Maybe it's a chance for Sully to whip the country club atmosphere out of the room for awhile I dunno...I'm gonna need a good stiff drink tonight just thinking about the near future. Ugh.

I guess the good news is I'll get to take few months off from brow beating Geno re: his dumbass penalties.

Last edited:
There are two glaring issues to my eyes outta this news... 1. This is a ton of goals out of the lineup if you include the departure of 81. ... 2 - if they try Kahun up the middle and move Teddy up? We are down about what, a foot at C ??? That is damn scary thought for a team that already gives limited pushback. Teams (The Jets for starters ) will totally steamroll us. I think GMJR absolutely has to deal. I've already had 6 or 7 buddies trying to peddle us Spezza for Casey. He is in Babs doghouse from day 1...I would have scoffed at this deal a week ago. Now? Maybe he could fill in for a bit as he's on an inexpensive one year deal. I can't believe I'm even suggesting it, but here we are! No matter who he can get if he decides to deal, The Pens are gonna get bent over.
Maybe it's a chance for Sully to whip the country club atmosphere out of the room for awhile I dunno...I'm gonna need a good stiff drink tonight just thinking about the near future. Ugh.

I guess the good news is I'll get to take few months off from brow beating Geno re: his dumbass penalties.

Spezza actually might not be that a bad a stop-gap now that he's got an "I'll play for anything so long as you'll give me a uniform" kind of contract.

The only problem is that's another $700K to account for under the cap if/when Geno and Tricky ever return to the lineup. But I doubt they're trading DeSmith for Spezza.....at least not without a draft choice of some kind coming back to Pittsburgh with JS. CDS is going to be back on the roster after they trade some of their glut at defense (whether or not it includes JJ) and nobody can convince me today that Jarry is actually ahead of him.

Meanwhile, bringing in JS simply to add some red-ass toward Babs to the roster might be a good enough idea on it's own.

Spezza actually might not be that a bad a stop-gap now that he's got an "I'll play for anything so long as you'll give me a uniform" kind of contract.

The only problem is that's another $700K to account for under the cap if/when Geno and Tricky ever return to the lineup. But I doubt they're trading DeSmith for Spezza.....at least not without a draft choice of some kind coming back to Pittsburgh with JS. CDS is going to be back on the roster after they trade some of their glut at defense (whether or not it includes JJ) and nobody can convince me today that Jarry is actually ahead of him.

Meanwhile, bringing in JS simply to add some red-ass toward Babs to the roster might be a good enough idea on it's own.
True enough...their backup Hutch is horrific. Can GMJR swing some kind of magic and give em Jarry instead? I'd go for that. Should be enough time to jettison a relatively small amount of coin before Geno is back. I am assuming with Geno on LTIR his cap hit will disappear during that time frame? Or at least some of it? You are more the numbers guy than I....at least Spez has a modicum of offensive smarts left... damn I would hate to deal with the Leaves asshats but, imo the deal would at least give some temp depth...

Wow that's rough...wtf?
I saw the Mammoth on that list. Didn't know they were fairly well televised (until now I guess) in the Denver area. Friend of mine Gee Nash and his brothers play on my slo pitch team lol. He was goalie there (not sure if you follow them or not) for about 5 or 6 years. Loved Colo he said...
The mammoth,Avs, nuggets rapids are all owned by the same guy. He also owns the La Chargers. The altitude network is owned by Him. The mammoth got televised quite a bit before the network was taken off the air. Its just a couple of millionaires fighting over a chicken wing.

Well I was impressed with the jam outta the young guys in the first, so if there's at least that and we lose, I can deal....

Speaking of deals....we have in reality 9 D men on the roster in some capacity from time to time. One needs to be dealt soon...throw us all a bone here and bring a stopgap C in , whether he's a fourth line or not...

Meanwhile I will chat with myself since Irwin is watching freakin baseball, CM is in some outpost like Lansing Mich and OM1 usually doesn't chime in till next day....@Euell? Anybody? I cannot suffer in silence....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT