ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Season opener and Oct!

Evidently, Bob McKenzie is reporting the Pens have put Gudbranson (presumably, along with JJ) on the block as a part of this proposed trade for a forward, under the assumption something like this would have to be a dollar-for-dollar deal.

Reactions: torontoeers
Well I was impressed with the jam outta the young guys in the first, so if there's at least that and we lose, I can deal....

Speaking of deals....we have in reality 9 D men on the roster in some capacity from time to time. One needs to be dealt soon...throw us all a bone here and bring a stopgap C in , whether he's a fourth line or not...

Meanwhile I will chat with myself since Irwin is watching freakin baseball, CM is in some outpost like Lansing Mich and OM1 usually doesn't chime in till next day....@Euell? Anybody? I cannot suffer in silence....

For the record, I was in my La-Z-Boy last night watching the game.......but largely bailed on it after the 1st; and then shut it off completely after I saw the replay on the 4th Jets goal. For the record, will be in Detroit tonight.

As you might expect, I wasn't too enamored with Murray last night......or pretty much anyone else playing for the home team.

For the record, I was in my La-Z-Boy last night watching the game.......but largely bailed on it after the 1st; and then shut it off completely after I saw the replay on the 4th Jets goal. For the record, will be in Detroit tonight.

As you might expect, I wasn't too enamored with Murray last night......or pretty much anyone else playing for the home team.
Me either...2 of em were screened badly, the other two he shoulda had. The fact of the matter is, with the current injury situation he is simply going to have to steal em some games....I'm hopeful he can go on one of those 10 or 12 game tears like he has in the past, however I'm not holding my breath. It would also be a plus if it were Casey pushing him for playing time, imo Jarry will likely be incapable of doing that...
As for Gud, I find him a bit of an enigma. Sometimes he comes up with a really smart play other times downright bonehead decisions...and it's not game to game, it's within the same game minute to minute...I'm all good with dealing the two of em however I think the return will be minimal. If GMJR is serious about providing a suitable 3rd line C he's gonna have to offer up something more coveted. Not sure if I wanna see that or not...sooner or later the window is officially closed and sooner or later the Pens are gonna have to hold onto some of the younger assets/draft picks....

It does look rather bleak...
The last 2 cup champs haven't got off to great starts. The Blues were dead last on Jan 1 2019 but the Pens D is a problem and it has been the last 2 seasons. Not sure why this hasn't been addressed. Its a bigger problem than a 3rd line center.

The last 2 cup champs haven't got off to great starts. The Blues were dead last on Jan 1 2019 but the Pens D is a problem and it has been the last 2 seasons. Not sure why this hasn't been addressed. Its a bigger problem than a 3rd line center.
'We' used to be able to work our way out of that problem by flip pass , speed , puck control, 2 deadly top lines and scoring. So much for that....

Reactions: COOL MAN
'We' used to be able to work our way out of that problem by flip pass , speed , puck control, 2 deadly top lines and scoring. So much for that....
Thats the difference with the pros they adapt. The amount of time you can get away with it is limited. Once they figure it out have to find another way to beat em.

Going up against Gibby tonight who has allowed 3 goals in 3 games, a PK unit that is 7 for 7 thus far, and likely with 11 forwards if Horny and Galchenyuk are out...sounds like a recipe for success to me! How bout you fellas? Turning on ACC football is probably a better choice...ugh.

PP looked decent at the end of the period; but that aside, I found it to be a meh 1st. Of course, it's not like anyone was expecting any kind of breakout tonight.

How were the 2 goals? I was late back...damn Sid you gotta take that shot on the wing on PP! 5 on 3 lets go!

Patented Sid tip off Letang's purposely wide SOG, and the Ducks cash in less than a minute later on a really bad angle shot that beats Murray short side (even though he was theoretically hugging the post).

No secret I'm loathe to give Murray the benefit of the doubt very often; but that was another GA that should have never gone in.

Patented Sid tip off Letang's purposely wide SOG, and the Ducks cash in less than a minute later on a really bad angle shot that beats Murray short side (even though he was theoretically hugging the post).

No secret I'm loathe to give Murray the benefit of the doubt very often; but that was another GA that should have never gone in.
Ugh...he needs to go all world here in the 3rd. He can do it, but will he....fingers crossed, we really need this one imo. The next two on road won't be easy and they need a good feeling heading out midwest...

Ugh...he needs to go all world here in the 3rd. He can do it, but will he....fingers crossed, we really need this one imo. The next two on road won't be easy and they need a good feeling heading out midwest...

I think the team needs to get on the road......home ice really hasn't done anything for them thus far, so they might as well spend a few days in hotels out West.

I think the team needs to get on the road......home ice really hasn't done anything for them thus far, so they might as well spend a few days in hotels out West.
Leaves getting brow beat by the Bolts thusfar no wonder its quiet around here...Cmon Pens and Bolts, give me a nice headstart to my Canuck Thanksgiving! :smiley:

FINALLY, Jake......hadn't done a whole lot more than Kahun this season.

Lafferty and Marino killing the penalty......and Johnson finally sees the ice on the same PK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT