ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Offseason/ rest of NHL playoffs

I am not MAF lover at all but he had no chance on goals 1 and 2. 3 maybe. 4 he probably should have stopped. 5 definitely not his fault but he gambled on the poke check and it wasn't there. If there was a bad goal, you have to go back to the OT goal in game 6. That was awful

too aggressive. looked like he was outside of the crease on every goal.

F him...did he mention his inexplicable propensity for DUMBASS penalties at the worst possible times? Did he mention those? Grrrr....

work computer won't let me link the part of the braodcast where they talk about it. A simple search would provide you the audio.

Reactions: torontoeers
double m had yohe on monday afternoon and they went through it. basically geno cut sully's nuts off in front of the whole team.

I know this franchise is star oriented but dam, enough is enough.

Never good when the inmates start running the asylum. I’d rather keep Sully and trade Geno. Dude has been a heaping pile of dog shit the last two seasons. Time to break up the old gang and get fresh blood. I’m even willing to miss the playoffs next year if that’s what it takes to rebuild. I just don’t trust JR with this massive undertaking.

Never good when the inmates start running the asylum. I’d rather keep Sully and trade Geno. Dude has been a heaping pile of dog shit the last two seasons. Time to break up the old gang and get fresh blood. I’m even willing to miss the playoffs next year if that’s what it takes to rebuild. I just don’t trust JR with this massive undertaking.

the bold has been going on with the penguins since 1990.

I have been asking for a break up of the country club since 2012. I'd love to see it happen but I won't hold my breath.

I'd love to see what could be acquired for him...problem is with the cap implications and his increasing age, I'm not sure it's as much as I /we would hope. Fans sometimes tend to overvalue their assets when it comes to trade bait. I'm often one of those guys...I'm gonna put some feelers out on this with a talking head or two...I honestly don't know what ballpark we are in with him. 81 imo is easier. More manageable contract dollars...

I'd love to see what could be acquired for him...problem is with the cap implications and his increasing age, I'm not sure it's as much as I /we would hope. Fans sometimes tend to overvalue their assets when it comes to trade bait. I'm often one of those guys...I'm gonna put some feelers out on this with a talking head or two...I honestly don't know what ballpark we are in with him. 81 imo is easier. More manageable contract dollars...

I think there would be a bigger market for 71 at this point...

Just for shits and giggles......can you guys see (because I sure can) a possible trade with Nashville with Kessel and Subban as principals ??

To begin with, I have no clue if the Pens would be at all interested in Subban......nor do I know if Subban would be interested the Pens......plus I'm pretty sure he's got a full NMC. Meanwhile, I think Kessel has a limited NTC, so this is something he could theoretically refuse (though something tells me this isn't the kind of thing he'd worry about that much).

But after their 0 for 15 PP abortion in Round 1.....plus they were 29th in PP% this past season.....you have to think Poile would be borderline desperate for any kind of legitimate PP help; even one as lazy as Kessel. I also don't get the impression from a distance Subban is viewed as an untouchable in Nashville given his salary (and the fact they're going to need that kind of money to pay Josi this summer).

So, you're talking about two big salary guys who I think would represent a reasonable big splash for two woefully disappointing teams. Hard to imagine this as a one-for-one proposition thoigh, because the Pens would be taking on $2 million+ in additional salary which they can't afford to begin with. Maybe Poile wants to get rid of Subban bad enough to maintain perhaps a million of his salary; not sure I'd bet on that.

FWIW, I suspect GMJR would ask first (in this kind of deal) for Ryan Ellis.....especially since his brand new $6.25 million salary (versus $9 million for Subban) is far more comparable to Kessel's $6.8 million. Of course, that probably represent the wildest kind of pipe dream for the Pens in this case.

Anyway, so what would you think generally of the idea of a deal centered around Kessel and Subban ??
I dislike Subban very much so I am in the "no" camp. Having said that, I hated Darius Kasparitis before he became a Pen. When he was in black and gold I sort of liked the little devil. The same with Matthew Barnaby. I could not stand him when he played for the Sabres. Different story when he was with the "good guys."

@ColoradoMountaineer ? You want number 81 LOL ? In all seriousness what is your take. Who is your team dealing...we are all ears (well actually EERS) in Pittsburgh...lets make a deal.
I think the Preds biggest weakness is 2nd line center and 2nd line LW and overall size in the top 6 foward group. If Kessel was a LW I think he would be more appealing. He helps with the size issues the preds have. I think Subban would fit in well with the Pens current defensive philosphy. He does make some bone head plays at times but also makes great plays. He isn't scared to hit. I know some of the insiders that follow the preds and they say he hasn't been a problem in the locker room. All the rumours that are being spread about locker room problems have come from 3rd party media outlets in montreal. I don't think Subban will be back with the Preds but that is more to do with Salary. The Preds need a face lift and he's someone who can bring a decent return. His 9 mil salary would not be easy on most teams but Im sure there is a deal to be made somewhere.

If you gave me my choice of one player to send packing, it would definitely be #71. I am tired of his antics.
The problem with Malken is he's not a 1:1 trade unless you're trying to unload salary. He's more like a 3 to 1 and not many contenders can part with 3 assets and still remain a contender.

Reactions: Euell
I dislike Subban very much so I am in the "no" camp. Having said that, I hated Darius Kasparitis before he became a Pen. When he was in black and gold I sort of liked the little devil. The same with Matthew Barnaby. I could not stand him when he played for the Sabres. Different story when he was with the "good guys."
Subban is one of those guys you hate when he's not on your team but the opposite is true when he is one of yours. I don't think he will be a pen with a 9 mil salary.

Reactions: Euell
The Niskanen clearing pass from behind his own goal goes right through the great Tom Wilson.....is held in by the Jerks at the blue line.....and leads to the Williams-to-McGinnis series winner.

Way to jam it up Cement Head's......and 8's.....and Buzzard Flapper's.....and everyone else in red/white/blue's ass.

e8a.gif

Its Funny that the Caps lost but I was kinda hoping they would win. I was hoping that they would lose to Papa Trotz in round 2. It would have been great if they lost on Home ice and all the fans could see the smirk on Trotz face. He is the man that ended years of failure so it would have been fitting for him to return them to there choking ways. At least thats how they would have drawn it up in Hollywood.

Its Funny that the Caps lost but I was kinda hoping they would win. I was hoping that they would lose to Papa Trotz in round 2. It would have been great if they lost on Home ice and all the fans could see the smirk on Trotz face. He is the man that ended years of failure so it would have been fitting for him to return them to there choking ways. At least thats how they would have drawn it up in Hollywood.
Worst thing for me is that now I have lost a lot of interest in what happens from here on out. As long as Ovechkin and company were playing, I had somebody to root against. I am still glad they lost though.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Worst thing for me is that now I have lost a lot of interest in what happens from here on out. As long as Ovechkin and company were playing, I had somebody to root against. I am still glad they lost though.

I thought about this, this morning and came to the same conclusion as you. then I realized there are some really good teams playing good hockey left.

nyi/carolina should be a good, hard fought series, same with jackets and bruins...

stars/blues will be interesting and avs/sharks should be entertaining as well.

really looking forward to jackets/bruins. officially rooting for blue jackets and torts (a great american coach)

Last edited:
What was crazy about the Caps - Canes game 7 is that the longer the game went, the more dominant Carolina was in my opinion. You all heard the NBC guys saying that Carolina was in better shape. I doubt that. Honestly it comes down to "want to" and shows exactly why this tournament is so damn hard to win back to back.

I thought about this, this morning and came to the same conclusion as you. then I realized there are some really good teams playing good hockey left.

nyi/carolina should be a good, hard fought series, same with jackets and bruins...

really looking forward to jackets/bruins. officially rooting for blue jackets and torts (a great american coach)
PlaintiveTediousFoal-small.gif

I am all in on the Av's...Fvck all of these Eastern teams left...especially the dirtball Blojax!

Me either...he's a DOUCHE NOZZLE!

I’m definitely not rooting for that huge dickhead Torts! Effem! And same goes for Marchand and the B’s! I’d actually love to see San Jose finally break through. Be good to see Jumbo Joe get one. And to be honest I think that’s the team most likely to win it now. Haven’t looked at the odds yet so I’m guessing. Most of all I just want as many 7 game series as possible and as many OT’s as we can get. Nothing better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Reactions: COOL MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT