ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Offseason/ rest of NHL playoffs

so flurry (with his team up 3 to 0) allows 4 goals in about 4 minutes in the 3rd period last night. amazingly the knights tied it with under a minute to go and it went into ot. flurry got toasted again in ot. typical maf. [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

so flurry (with his team up 3 to 0) allows 4 goals in about 4 minutes in the 3rd period last night. amazingly the knights tied it with under a minute to go and it went into ot. flurry got toasted again in ot. typical maf. [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Well in fairness those were all PP goals with traffic in front. He made a lot of good saves prior to the PP. His teammates didn’t do him any favors defending on that PP. The game winner I’ll put on him even though it was a great play by Goodrow.

Well in fairness those were all PP goals with traffic in front. He made a lot of good saves prior to the PP. His teammates didn’t do him any favors defending on that PP. The game winner I’ll put on him even though it was a great play by Goodrow.

gotta fight through that traffic and find the puck. what a loser.

he was on the bench for two of them.

If not for Fleury we wouldn’t have even made it to the Finals in 2017. He won us the first two series and 9 games total that post season. Not to mention he won us 35 games during the 2015/16 season to help get us to the playoffs. Yea Fleury has his warts for sure but he won the Pens a shit ton of games and contributed to help us win three cups.

If not for Fleury we wouldn’t have even made it to the Finals in 2017. He won us the first two series and 9 games total that post season. Not to mention he won us 35 games during the 2015/16 season to help get us to the playoffs. Yea Fleury has his warts for sure but he won the Pens a shit ton of games and contributed to help us win three cups.

murray had to clean up his mess. flurry floundered in 17 and would have never gotten the pens to the final.

not to mention the year he lost his net to tomas vokoun for christ's sake.

Now that the 1st round is coming to a conclusion I have to give out the biggest Loser awards. When it comes to a team its Easy Tampa by a mile hard to argue any other way. When it comes to an Individual I give it to John Tavares. He walks away from the Islanders and trys to explain it by stating the maple leafs were his childhood team blah blah blah. He even posts a picture of himself as a boy with maple Leafs stuff in his room. He joins what has been one of the biggest choker organizations since they last won the cup in 67.Hopefully someone sends his cell number to all the Islander Fans when they start game 1 of round two. They can text him and ask how his golf game is going. Nice going John.

Now that the 1st round is coming to a conclusion I have to give out the biggest Loser awards. When it comes to a team its Easy Tampa by a mile hard to argue any other way. When it comes to an Individual I give it to John Tavares. He walks away from the Islanders and trys to explain it by stating the maple leafs were his childhood team blah blah blah. He even posts a picture of himself as a boy with maple Leafs stuff in his room. He joins what has been one of the biggest choker organizations since they last won the cup in 67.Hopefully someone sends his cell number to all the Islander Fans when they start game 1 of round two. They can text him and ask how his golf game is going. Nice going John.

lets hold off until after tonight. there may be an even bigger loser to feast on.

Oooh...I'll add their 'hero' coach 'Bab's ' into the mix. Game 6 pulls the goalie with 2 mins left down one goal WITHOUT POSSESSION OF THE PUCK LOL!
His biggest stud gets 18 minutes of ice time in a game 7? When he is actually producing?
He doesn't call a time out mid 3rd when it hits 3-1 to reset, quiet the crowd a bit, give his stars a blow? There was no way they were going to challenge anything at that point in the game and had to get a goal any way possible!
The faithful losers here want his head on a pike now...oh my how the petals have fallen off that rose lol ! [roll]

I cannot root for the Jenner/Dubinsky/Torts goon squad...not that the B's are a bunch of Lady Byng winners either mind you...

I'm with you, t.......Bruins clearly are tough to root for, but hell will definitely have to freeze over a half dozen times before I root for any team with those three (Torts especially) involved.

I was thinking before-hand that the Leaves had a decent chance last night. One of the NHLN guys was even trying to parallel last night's game with the Craps beating the Pens last year; if they won, perhaps that would be their comparable demon-clearing event. Guess that's gone bye-bye. I didn't think Pope Mike would be under that much pressure this summer; but a beatdown like that certainly can't help his case. Wonder how St Lou is feeling about them this morning ??

Meawhile, if we can just find a way for the Lord to get on the Jerks bandwagon tonight, this has a chance to be a more satisfying playoff season than I might have expected a week ago.

Reactions: torontoeers
One more thing; it will be interesting to see how much of the bloom has permanently come off MAF's rose after the past three nights.

Just for shits and giggles......can you guys see (because I sure can) a possible trade with Nashville with Kessel and Subban as principals ??

To begin with, I have no clue if the Pens would be at all interested in Subban......nor do I know if Subban would be interested the Pens......plus I'm pretty sure he's got a full NMC. Meanwhile, I think Kessel has a limited NTC, so this is something he could theoretically refuse (though something tells me this isn't the kind of thing he'd worry about that much).

But after their 0 for 15 PP abortion in Round 1.....plus they were 29th in PP% this past season.....you have to think Poile would be borderline desperate for any kind of legitimate PP help; even one as lazy as Kessel. I also don't get the impression from a distance Subban is viewed as an untouchable in Nashville given his salary (and the fact they're going to need that kind of money to pay Josi this summer).

So, you're talking about two big salary guys who I think would represent a reasonable big splash for two woefully disappointing teams. Hard to imagine this as a one-for-one proposition thoigh, because the Pens would be taking on $2 million+ in additional salary which they can't afford to begin with. Maybe Poile wants to get rid of Subban bad enough to maintain perhaps a million of his salary; not sure I'd bet on that.

FWIW, I suspect GMJR would ask first (in this kind of deal) for Ryan Ellis.....especially since his brand new $6.25 million salary (versus $9 million for Subban) is far more comparable to Kessel's $6.8 million. Of course, that probably represent the wildest kind of pipe dream for the Pens in this case.

Anyway, so what would you think generally of the idea of a deal centered around Kessel and Subban ??

Just for shits and giggles......can you guys see (because I sure can) a possible trade with Nashville with Kessel and Subban as principals ??

To begin with, I have no clue if the Pens would be at all interested in Subban......nor do I know if Subban would be interested the Pens......plus I'm pretty sure he's got a full NMC. Meanwhile, I think Kessel has a limited NTC, so this is something he could theoretically refuse (though something tells me this isn't the kind of thing he'd worry about that much).

But after their 0 for 15 PP abortion in Round 1.....plus they were 29th in PP% this past season.....you have to think Poile would be borderline desperate for any kind of legitimate PP help; even one as lazy as Kessel. I also don't get the impression from a distance Subban is viewed as an untouchable in Nashville given his salary (and the fact they're going to need that kind of money to pay Josi this summer).

So, you're talking about two big salary guys who I think would represent a reasonable big splash for two woefully disappointing teams. Hard to imagine this as a one-for-one proposition thoigh, because the Pens would be taking on $2 million+ in additional salary which they can't afford to begin with. Maybe Poile wants to get rid of Subban bad enough to maintain perhaps a million of his salary; not sure I'd bet on that.

FWIW, I suspect GMJR would ask first (in this kind of deal) for Ryan Ellis.....especially since his brand new $6.25 million salary (versus $9 million for Subban) is far more comparable to Kessel's $6.8 million. Of course, that probably represent the wildest kind of pipe dream for the Pens in this case.

Anyway, so what would you think generally of the idea of a deal centered around Kessel and Subban ??

letang and subban on the same team? i think I'd just shoot myself.

they are not happy with ellis in nashville either.

murray had to clean up his mess. flurry floundered in 17 and would have never gotten the pens to the final.

not to mention the year he lost his net to tomas vokoun for christ's sake.

He may have never gotten us to the Finals but without him Murray wouldn’t have had the chance as we wouldn’t have survived the first two rounds. I know you have a hard on for Fleury but the guy deserves some credit. Lol! He won a shit ton of games for the Pens.

Well...there is no doubt that the Preds need SCORING, when your playoff scoring leader is named Whatshisface !
Interesting...fairly close on the coin, I think GMJR could manage to find the extra 2 somewhere. No question Subban is a talent, it's the riverboat gambler play *we already have one of those, and the guy's look at me attitude that would dissuade me. I remember that Listerine nonsense from the final vs the Pens quite well...imo he put his team at a distinct disadvantage with that crap. You NEVER poke the bear...foolish.

Reactions: Irwineer2
letang and subban on the same team? i think I'd just shoot myself.

they are not happy with ellis in nashville either.

No thanks to Subban and if given the choice of moving Tanger or Kessel I’d rather move Tanger. But that’s assuming JR could replace him with a legit first pairing defenseman. And JR is on record as saying our defense is as good as it’s been since he’s been here. If I’m Mario my first move is replacing JR.

No thanks to Subban and if given the choice of moving Tanger or Kessel I’d rather move Tanger. But that’s assuming JR could replace him with a legit first pairing defenseman. And JR is on record as saying our defense is as good as it’s been since he’s been here. If I’m Mario my first move is replacing JR.

pens won a cup without him. no worries here.

He may have never gotten us to the Finals but without him Murray wouldn’t have had the chance as we wouldn’t have survived the first two rounds. I know you have a hard on for Fleury but the guy deserves some credit. Lol! He won a shit ton of games for the Pens.
nuff said.

True...it's the MM hate on and Flower love fest that bugs me the most...critical thinking is gone out the window when discussing BOTH with some imo...

True...it's the MM hate on and Flower love fest that bugs me the most...critical thinking is gone out the window when discussing BOTH with some imo...

lots of social media posts the last few days about the greatness of fluery. I made sure to comment on everyone I could remember this morning. feelsgoodman.

pens won a cup without him. no worries here.

We also won two with him so no worries here either. I just like to give credit where it’s due. And I’m worried about Murr moving forward. He has an injury history and is extremely streaky. But the Pens problems are far deeper than just a goal tending issue.

We also won two with him so no worries here either. I just like to give credit where it’s due. And I’m worried about Murr moving forward. He has an injury history and is extremely streaky. But the Pens problems are far deeper than just a goal tending issue.

the way they have played in front of him for the last two years did not do him any favors. flurry was a better one on one player and the pens need to get back to playing good hockey in front of him.

Did any of you guys find that article by Josh Yohe for the Athletic I was talking about yesterday? basically it says that sullivan has lost the room and that key players on the team virtually ignore him.

@ColoradoMountaineer ? You want number 81 LOL ? In all seriousness what is your take. Who is your team dealing...we are all ears (well actually EERS) in Pittsburgh...lets make a deal.

Reactions: COOL MAN
the way they have played in front of him for the last two years did not do him any favors. flurry was a better one on one player and the pens need to get back to playing good hockey in front of him.

Did any of you guys find that article by Josh Yohe for the Athletic I was talking about yesterday? basically it says that sullivan has lost the room and that key players on the team virtually ignore him.
No...but I'd like to see it. Sounds juicy.

gotta fight through that traffic and find the puck. what a loser.

I am not MAF lover at all but he had no chance on goals 1 and 2. 3 maybe. 4 he probably should have stopped. 5 definitely not his fault but he gambled on the poke check and it wasn't there. If there was a bad goal, you have to go back to the OT goal in game 6. That was awful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT