ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Offseason/ rest of NHL playoffs

And that's just it...I was willing to let it slide last year but honestly AGAIN? When are we going to attend a game together anyway...Pens or Eers...it needs to happen. So long as I am clear of PPG lol. I should look and see at the schedule vs those Columbus asshats...
ot I was Larmie yesterday for the wyoming/Mizzou game

Reactions: torontoeers
Give us the scouting report...Cowboys are a decent squad but for Mizzou to lose? Tell us what we all wanna hear lol...
Wyoming came up with some timely turnovers. Wyoming is decent by mountain west standards. They do have more mobility at the qb postion then we do. I don't think Mizzou is top 25 material like some had them but they are capable of making big plays. I think the key for us will be containing their QB and not allowing him to run wild. If we can contain him then maybe we can pull it out.

If the players don't choose to extend they are nutz imo. Also surprised the owners arent trying to claw back on the lower RFA age this time with all these young guns still holding out on signing... Laine , Tkachick , Marner...these are big names that I would assume ownership needs to drive gate revenue...

Oh...and put the Olympics back on the docket stat...F this Bettman World Cup experiment. It SUCKED imo. Team Europe , Team NA nonsense ...I really dont give a $hit if Chara , Kopitar or whomever plays or not. Give me the 8 best COUNTRIES if you are doing a WC and have at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Does he ever...its no secret I cant stand the beardo knob to begin with. Such a total douche personality wise. Jumbo Joe as HE likes to be called is as fake as they come...
He never lived up to the hype. He has 2 cement feet at this stage of his career. If he wanted his name on the cup then he should have left that choker organization when he still had some value.

He never lived up to the hype. He has 2 cement feet at this stage of his career. If he wanted his name on the cup then he should have left that choker organization when he still had some value.
Nope...he was a problem child in Boston, and never measured up to his own hype in SJ either...never understood the fascination with this guy...never...he has won Jack Squat. And always demanded to be the Captain...management got wise to that after a while though....

Nope...he was a problem child in Boston, and never measured up to his own hype in SJ either...never understood the fascination with this guy...never...he has won Jack Squat. And always demanded to be the Captain...management got wise to that after a while though....
He Lacked the East West game. He is a big guy some figured he would crash the net and knock defenders over but players started getting bigger. Lindros lacked it as well. sid, mario, Mcdavid deke defenders out making them look foolish. Thorton lacked that in his game.

If you knuckleheads missed it, the Oil signed Riley Sheahan for 1 year/$900K, supposedly as some manner of plug-in for McJesus (as he continues his recovery/rehab from the knee surgery he had late last season).

Pens prospects best the NJD prospects 2-1 today: said to be their first win in the Prospects Tournament since 2017. Jack Hughes did NOT play for Jersey.

PHN reported good performances from G D'Oro (said to have been "brilliant"), F Angello and Drozg, and D Marino......not so good performances from F Poulin, Bellerive, and Lagare (who reportedly played well in their last-second Game 1 loss to the Bruins) and D Addison and Joseph (who reportedly was downright awful against the B's).

Toronto when I went to the Wyoming/Mizzou game the better team lost. Mizzou shot themselves in the a$$ at critical times. I don't know if there top 25 as some thought but definately top 35 at the worst. Im not surprised by today. I thought 2019 would be rough.

Toronto when I went to the Wyoming/Mizzou game the better team lost. Mizzou shot themselves in the a$$ at critical times. I don't know if there top 25 as some thought but definately top 35 at the worst. Im not surprised by today. I thought 2019 would be rough.
Ya...it's gonna have more down's than up's for sure. So long as its trending in the right direction next year and onward. I dont expect miracles with this team that's for sure. Run blocking hasn't been a Gold and Blue strength in the recent past, they're hopefully gonna learn how to do both run/pass effectively.
I was concerned with the losses /transfers out from the secondary as well. Ideally I'd put Norwood back at Corner but I guess the numbers won't allow that...
In saying all this I actually had hope on the 2nd O posession yesterday, was feeling good till the INT. It all went downhill from there. Good thing Finley is gone from Wolfpack now or he woulda chewed the D up vicious next Saturday. That'll be my first game this year, just hoping for a close competitive game really. Have not seen their new QB so no idea what to expect there, and from what I remember they lost some key pieces on D as well. LGM!

Ya...it's gonna have more down's than up's for sure. So long as its trending in the right direction next year and onward. I dont expect miracles with this team that's for sure. Run blocking hasn't been a Gold and Blue strength in the recent past, they're hopefully gonna learn how to do both run/pass effectively.
I was concerned with the losses /transfers out from the secondary as well. Ideally I'd put Norwood back at Corner but I guess the numbers won't allow that...
In saying all this I actually had hope on the 2nd O posession yesterday, was feeling good till the INT. It all went downhill from there. Good thing Finley is gone from Wolfpack now or he woulda chewed the D up vicious next Saturday. That'll be my first game this year, just hoping for a close competitive game really. Have not seen their new QB so no idea what to expect there, and from what I remember they lost some key pieces on D as well. LGM!
I think a coach at a program like Wvu needs 4-5 years before passing judegement. I haven't posted anything on the free board for 18 months. It got too stupid for my liking over there. I was over there today and theres one guy already trolling the we need a coaching change mantra. i know I was tough on DH but that was when we were five years in. After 2 games Jesus christ that must be a record.

FWIW, PHN is reporting their belief that something on the Pettersson front could be coming this week, as he now has his visa in hand......though Dan Kingerski just as quickly admits he doesn't know from where MP's deal money will come.

From everything I've read in the past few weeks, it appears both the Pens and the Pettersson camp want to get something done before camp; obviously, there's evidently none of this outsized RFA contract crap getting in the way as is the case with RFA D-men in Boston, Columbus, or Philly. Of course, Pettersson is hardly being confused/compared with McAvoy, Carlo, Werenski (who signed a 3/15 deal with the Blojax today), or Provorov, either.

Meanwhile, one little statistical tidbit from 2018/19 courtesy Kingerski; Marcus Pettersson was 2/17/19 (+13) in 57 games with the Pens, while Danny Sprong was 14/5/19 (-9) in 47 games with Anaheim. Not sure what that proves.....if anything......but you can't deny it's at least a modestly interesting comparison.

FWIW, PHN is reporting their belief that something on the Pettersson front could be coming this week, as he now has his visa in hand......though Dan Kingerski just as quickly admits he doesn't know from where MP's deal money will come.

From everything I've read in the past few weeks, it appears both the Pens and the Pettersson camp want to get something done before camp; obviously, there's evidently none of this outsized RFA contract crap getting in the way as is the case with RFA D-men in Boston, Columbus, or Philly. Of course, Pettersson is hardly being confused/compared with McAvoy, Carlo, Werenski (who signed a 3/15 deal with the Blojax today), or Provorov, either.

Meanwhile, one little statistical tidbit from 2018/19 courtesy PHN; Marcus Pettersson was 2/17/19 (+13) in 57 games with the Pens, while Danny Sprong was 14/5/19 (-9) in 47 games with Anaheim. Not sure what that proves.....if anything......but you can't deny it's an interesting comparison.
I hope that coin doesn't come at the expense of Schultzie like rumours I've heard...that would suck royal imo. My choice would be if forced hand ( and let's face it the man is basically in cap hell) , Rusty? Ain't nobody takin Simon or JJ off his hands at this point.

Yo...I've been off the BL till football season started but... @DocEER , that you buddy?!? Get on in here and give us your lowdown on this summer's wheelings , dealings and what you think moving forward! Missed ya...

You read a story like that, and seemingly the only TRULY descriptive word is pathetic......just like it was for ex-Buckeye QB Art Schlichter (except his drug was gambling).
I remember well the day his face smashed into oblivion as I'm sure the rest of us do...I figured that may be a career ender at the time. Who knew it would end up such a precipitous slide. It's good to see however the Pens seem to be an org that will stand behind a former player in need, although back then my bet says like the rest they were likely enablers with the entire league...

Speaking of...it's quite plain to see to my eyes anyway, the league still doesn't take the drug problem they obviously have quite so seriously.... with idiots like the Washington bird man, Neal, et al blowing candy up their noggin on a regular basis. Ah hell when the F did Bettman or any of them take anything seriously...par for the course...

Gsus...she reminds me of the hot librarian back in HS...only problem is she couldn't possibly be, because of her LOUD flapping gums, she'd be fired day one lol. I see she's a Coyotes fan? YIKES! Best of luck with that....
She lives near philly i think. She's a big NHL fan she actually has been interviewed by the nhl network. I think shes a cryers fan by hart.

I remember well the day his face smashed into oblivion as I'm sure the rest of us do...I figured that may be a career ender at the time. Who knew it would end up such a precipitous slide. It's good to see however the Pens seem to be an org that will stand behind a former player in need, although back then my bet says like the rest they were likely enablers with the entire league...

Speaking of...it's quite plain to see to my eyes anyway, the league still doesn't take the drug problem they obviously have quite so seriously.... with idiots like the Washington bird man, Neal, et al blowing candy up their noggin on a regular basis. Ah hell when the F did Bettman or any of them take anything seriously...par for the course...
You read a story like that, and seemingly the only TRULY descriptive word is pathetic......just like it was for ex-Buckeye QB Art Schlichter (except his drug was gambling).
Article on Malkin

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/evgeni-malkin-details-the-worst-season-of-his-nhl-career-200456524.html

Reactions: Irwineer2
The Kuznetsov issue made it pretty clear the League doesn't care (and has never cared) about coke, which isn't defined as "performance-enhancing". Will be interesting to see if they attempt to redefine if the CBA is reopened, which doesn't currently seem likely.

Then again, it just occurred to me that perhaps one of the key reasons why Don Fehr isn't pushing to reopen the CBA......which I feel like most Union leaders would be expected to do pretty much solely on reflex......is that he (or his membership) wants the "recreational" drug use issue to remain status quo/in the shadows absolutely as long as possible.

its just blow.

The Kuznetsov issue made it pretty clear the League doesn't care about coke, which isn't defined as "performance-enhancing". Will be interesting to see if they attempt to redefine if the CBA is reopened, which doesn't currently seem likely.

Then again, it just occurred to me that perhaps one of the key reasons why Don Fehr isn't pushing to reopen the CBA......which I feel like most Union leaders would be expected to do pretty much solely on reflex......is that he wants/needs status quo within the League regarding "recreational" drug use.

That way, he/his membership won't be put on the PR defensive for a negotiating issue on which they simply can't win.

anyone have a subscription to "the athletic"? I guess rob rossi (wvu alum) went to russia and spent lots of time with geno. local sports radio was talking about it yesterday and this morning. could someone copy and paste?

edit: looks like this is a summarization of rossi article.
I don't have an account but if I find it I will let you know

Reactions: Irwineer2
I have heard a few of the local talk radio guys referring to this article and talking about it. what you posted seems to be a summary. nice to know geno is all in this year.
Did he promise to have a lobotomy on the portion of his brain that takes dumbass penalties? That's all I wanna know. I can deal with it if he wants to loaf it much easier for some reason...not sure why...

Zach Werenski agreed a week or so ago to 3/15 with the Blojax, while Ivan Provorov signed Thursday (I think) for 6/40.5 with the Cryers......curious what you knuckleheads think is the better deal for two fairly comparable (on paper, at least) defensemen.

I mean, I can obviously do the math as easily as you. But don't know if in this case......and I do realize the Marner saga (and man, am I glad THAT'S finally over) was about this exact issue.....if the longer term/higher AAV is better than less term and a quicker road to UFA.

I have no clue; but if I were Jarmo K, I think I'd have been delighted to offer Werenski the Provorov numbers IF I thought he'd have signed it a week ago (since he's got plenty of cap space). Of course, I recognize that week in time mattered a lot.......

I love this guy was SO high when he peed in the cup that he didn't even fight the suspension......guess he better prepare to get roasted in Pittsburgh, New York, and (especially) Philly in the immediate future.

Just read the League has suspended Kuznetsov for 3 games surrounding this coke thing......I admit, I didn't know the League was even considering anything like this. Doesn't sound like he's disputing/appealing THIS decision either; so he's out for the first 3 of the season.

Not sure if it's EK himself or his agent making the calls, but they're sure playing this entire situation exceptionally conservatively/close to the vest. Very smart move, IMO......

How many of you attended this ?
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT