ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

Well you and I are thinkin alike...get it together boys. I would have to think Sully is beside himself...

Looking at Phil and Geno figure skating tonight, why doesn't he sit one for the rest of the period and send a message? You would never know Geno had a chance to win the goal or scoring title by his shitty efforts the last 4 games

I'd blame Murray with the other thousands but I simply can't...no way. 12 shots or whatever on? Unacceptable. Now we wait for the sometime 3rd period epiphany...cmon man.
You are overjoyed to miss this one @DocEER ....

Raise hell my friend...raise hell...they are supposed to gaurantee every damned game aren't they? They do here...
I just got my NHL ice reimbursed. Lol. They haven’t been able to let me watch a Canadian home ice game (Pens at Toronto, Calgary, etc) all year. I chewed the guy a new asshole.

Somethin needs to happen...and yep, they could use him to stir it up a bit. Remember that game last week or whatever that we all said was the worst in recent memory? Well this one is worse. Nothing, no jam, no fluidity, nada, nothing.
The team went and got soft with the Brass acquirement. Should have just rolled with Cole and Reaves.

Reactions: Irwineer2
Somethin needs to happen...and yep, they could use him to stir it up a bit. Remember that game last week or whatever that we all said was the worst in recent memory? Well this one is worse. Nothing, no jam, no fluidity, nada, nothing.

the crazy part was before the Wings scored their first goal, I told my brother that Detroit mailed this one in....... They didn't care and the Pens cared even less apparently

And where the hell are @COOL MAN and @Euell ? Perhaps smart enough to avoid this one... If we are all suffering well they need to suffer with us lol...you know who we need? @WVRON ! Make it so...give us the prediction of a third period comeback damnit!!!

Just joining in from.....wait for it......DETROIT. I totally forgot the Pens were in town tonight.

I don't like the score, and don't like the stats......I realize the season starts in 2 weeks, but I'm seeing very little from this team the past couple weeks which tells me they can even survive the 1st round of the playoffs.

F this Pens team.....I am tired of watching this garbage. The leadership on this team is pretty awful right now. The refuse to make the right play. Interestingly Sully benches 59 with FAT ASS PHIL and GENO figure skating

Just joining in from.....wait for it......DETROIT. I totally forgot the Pens were in town tonight.

I don't like the score, and don't like the stats......I realize the season starts in 2 weeks, but I'm seeing very little from this team the past couple weeks which tells me they can even survive the 1st round of the playoffs.
We saw a bit of a dip last year which really discouraged me, but really nothing like this. I actually think Brass was the right addition, but they also needed another D. I won't write em off yet and neither will you lol...we are definitely lookin for something more, it is Sid and Geno's job to lead the way...they have of the last few years, I pray they can impart the same attitude of 2016 and 2017...time is fleeting...

F this Pens team.....I am tired of watching this garbage. The leadership on this team is pretty awful right now. The refuse to make the right play. Interestingly Sully benches 59 with FAT ASS PHIL and GENO figure skating
Settle down...although it is hard to do watching THIS I know...You as well as I know things can change like a quick whip with these guys over the last few years...not saying it will this time, and it looks pretty pathetic of late, BUT....who knows. Tune in for Jersey and Habs at least this wknd. It's Easter and our guys owe us a good showing!

Do me a favour and strangle or maim in some way a guy from Livonia, Mt. Clemons , or wherever in your meeting tomorrow and provide the gory details...it will make me feel better...slightly....

Settle down...although it is hard to do watching THIS I know...You as well as I know things can change like a quick whip with these guys over the last few years...not saying it will this time, and it looks pretty pathetic of late, BUT....who knows. Tune in for Jersey and Habs at least this wknd. It's Easter and our guys owe us a good showing!

I honestly don't mind losses. And I realize that 3 Cups in a row in the cap era is unlikely. But I can't stomach these lackluster efforts. This team slept walked through the 1st half of the season. I thought they had turned the corner in the beginning of March. But since that trade of Cole and RR, this team has returned to the Nov-December version.

I honestly don't mind losses. And I realize that 3 Cups in a row in the cap era is unlikely. But I can't stomach these lackluster efforts. This team slept walked through the 1st half of the season. I thought they had turned the corner in the beginning of March. But since that trade of Cole and RR, this team has returned to the Nov-December version.
I hear ya...I like Brass although he was invisible tonight and I liked RR once he finally got going in Jan or so...we're all lying in wait....where are our Pens? Time is fleeting....

I hear ya...I like Brass although he was invisible tonight and I liked RR once he finally got going in Jan or so...we're all lying in wait....where are our Pens? Time is fleeting....
I thought the Brassard pick up was interesting. I know the pens were looking for more depth at the center postion but i think obtaining him was more about masking weaknesses than solving the true problem of the team which I believe is there D core. If the pens three peat they will have to do it with offense. I think they should have tried to bolster the blue line but when you're a gm sitting in and office the right deal might have not been available. We will see how it works out. The good thing at the moment is that the majority of the teams considered to be cup contenders seem to be struggling at the moment.

I thought the Brassard pick up was interesting. I know the pens were looking for more depth at the center postion but i think obtaining him was more about masking weaknesses than solving the true problem of the team which I believe is there D core. If the pens three peat they will have to do it with offense. I think they should have tried to bolster the blue line but when you're a gm sitting in and office the right deal might have not been available. We will see how it works out. The good thing at the moment is that the majority of the teams considered to be cup contenders seem to be struggling at the moment.

I don't know if any of you listen to the post game shows on the internet. But Phil Bourque has been saying for a few weeks now that he thinks the best way for this team to play is full-blast offense. He doesn't think this team is fundamentally sound defensively and that they aren't going to win 2-1 and 3-2 games.

I don't know if any of you listen to the post game shows on the internet. But Phil Bourque has been saying for a few weeks now that he thinks the best way for this team to play is full-blast offense. He doesn't think this team is fundamentally sound defensively and that they aren't going to win 2-1 and 3-2 games.
Its gonna be hard to win 16 games in the playoffs by having to score 4-5 goals every night.

how much of that issue is the forwards not playing responsible? I'd say 75%.

It's 'only a game' and we are not involved but...anyone else still freakin pissed off about last nights debacle? Cause I am. Seems we say this a bit more this year than last...given that, a few of the other contenders are also having their own issues with ner do wells over the last few. Better come out full force tomorrow or may be on the outside looking in...I think I need a pint and relax. Yes that is what I shall do...I'll have one or two more tomorrow as well for the long wknd, bought cans to save my poor tv in case it goes sideways AGAIN...BTW... thoughts who gets the call in the hemp hut? Need the win badly, yet Murray needs a game or two off before (hopefully) playoff...I think he better start our #1, needs to get on a roll any way possible.

It's 'only a game' and we are not involved but...anyone else still freakin pissed off about last nights debacle? Cause I am. Seems we say this a bit more this year than last...given that, a few of the other contenders are also having their own issues with ner do wells over the last few. Better come out full force tomorrow or may be on the outside looking in...I think I need a pint and relax. Yes that is what I shall do...I'll have one or two more tomorrow as well for the long wknd, bought cans to save my poor tv in case it goes sideways AGAIN...BTW... thoughts who gets the call in the hemp hut? Need the win badly, yet Murray needs a game or two off before (hopefully) playoff...I think he better start our #1, needs to get on a roll any way possible.

You know the Pens have played uninspired hockey since February 23. They have beaten 3 decent teams: Philly twice, Dallas, and Calgary. Since then, they have lost to potential playoff teams Jersey twice, Florida, Toronto, Boston. They have also lost to the Rangers, Isle, and Wings. Thank God the schedule has been relatively easy or we could be on the outside looking in.

Reactions: torontoeers
You know the Pens have played uninspired hockey since February 23. They have beaten 3 decent teams: Philly twice, Dallas, and Calgary. Since then, they have lost to potential playoff teams Jersey twice, Florida, Toronto, Boston. They have also lost to the Rangers, Isle, and Wings. Thank God the schedule has been relatively easy or we could be on the outside looking in.

reminds me a lot of 2010 to feb of 2016

brassard out tonight with a lower body injury.
Well although he was invisible Tuesday night, this blows. I and I assume Sully would like him to get as much ice possible to fully aclimate to the system...then again I have no idea what that system is anymore so whatever I guess...
Anyone heard anything further on ZAR of late? Could sure use the intensity we saw from him before injury!

Well although he was invisible Tuesday night, this blows. I and I assume Sully would like him to get as much ice possible to fully aclimate to the system...then again I have no idea what that system is anymore so whatever I guess...
Anyone heard anything further on ZAR of late? Could sure use the intensity we saw from him before injury!

It won't be tonight but I suspect at some point Huntwick has to get some game action just in case he has to dress come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT