ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Jan 2019

@COOL MAN ...remember that OHL BullDOG Hamilton I was discussing the other day and their garbage arena? Lol....oh and D'Angelo and Andlauer are a couple of fast talking idiots...that rink is a disgrace.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/jun...mporary-move-ice-quality-deteriorates/sn-amp/

I like those Bulldogs unis.......meanwhile, I find it kinda hard to imagine a major (if admittedly reduced in significance from its heyday) Canadian arena like this having such extreme refrigeration problems.

Anyway, if I heard this report correctly today, the Brian Grant trade back to Anaheim has resulted in setup of an all-former-Pens 4th (I presume) line of Carter Rowney centering Grant and Brian Gibbons.

Reactions: torontoeers
I like those Bulldogs unis.......meanwhile, I find it kinda hard to imagine a major (if admittedly reduced in significance from its heyday) Canadian arena like this having such extreme refrigeration problems.

Anyway, if I heard this report correctly today, the Brian Grant trade back to Anaheim has resulted in setup of an all-former-Pens 4th (I presume) line of Carter Rowney centering Grant and Brian Gibbons.
Ya know what the real shitstick of the entire episode is CM? The good folks in Belleville ( a rival but honestly, a fun fanbase to be around back in the day instead of the dirtbag 'elites' from the Shwa), filled that arena to 80% or over capacity on a regular basis...they NEVER dipped below 70% ever to my knowlege. Then they sell and move to the Hammer.
See that point in the article which they say the city warned these asshats about the state of the refrig pipes ( you know more on this area than I) in 2014?!? The Bulls moved and became the Dogs in 2015-16. What a freakin joke. Hamilton has had a miserable OHL fail before with the Dukes...I agree the uni's are good btw.
No freakin way that they are spending 30 mil on that arena unless that clown owner Andlauer figures out a way to get town council to snow the taxpayer to fund his little project...F him. FYI if you didn't know and perhaps you do, take a trip around the Hammer...Canada's Burgh, Steeltown, even with the 'Mountain' as they call it surrounding the downtown. One steel mill is still operable out of a former 3. Owned by US Steel or maybe still Dofasco not sure...matter of time before it's gone. They never bothered to re-invent themselves like the Burgh...sad really. Bad politicians in that cespool and very little ingenuity. Simply a bedroom community of TO with 3 times the homeless/addicts of the Shwa...and that says something.

Give this team back to the people that actually cared about it in Belleville already....btw FYI Belleville Bulls rink? A distinct advantage back in the day as much as the 'square corners' in Peterborough give opposition teams /goalies fits...it was the only official Olympic sized ice in the entire OHL in Belleville. Just a massive ice pad....

Reactions: COOL MAN
Effin Leaves beat the Bolts...and all of a sudden after their little recent tank I am getting bravado sent this way. We were right with em. Better damnwell WIN this game tomorrow AND the one in Vegas on Saturday. Make this a sucessful roadie rather than us all wondering again....

Effin Leaves beat the Bolts...and all of a sudden after their little recent tank I am getting bravado sent this way. We were right with em. Better damnwell WIN this game tomorrow AND the one in Vegas on Saturday. Make this a sucessful roadie rather than us all wondering again....

Frankly, I'm concerned they'll lose both......and I think they're worried about it as well, hence Horndog's return to the team. Meanwhile, this season, any loss by the Bolts is a story......too bad it was the Leaves. Stellick and Simmer and Scott Laughlin and Steve Kouleas (and everyone else on NHLN Radio) will be downright gleeful tomorrow after this win.

Well...apparently I passed out in the chair...anybody know what the hell happened to make it 7-3????

woke up to see the game was 3 to 3. as soon as my eyes focused, marchessault scored on some stupid play by desmith. I thought fleury was playing for the good guys again.

woke up to see the game was 3 to 3. as soon as my eyes focused, marchessault scored on some stupid play by desmith. I thought fleury was playing for the good guys again.
Ugh...this was a fairly important one too imo before the break. A few Metro teams could pull away a bit with games in hand over next few days.

Is there a trade freeze over all star? Can't remember...I look for GMJR to maybe wheel and deal if not...

Ugh...this was a fairly important one too imo before the break. A few Metro teams could pull away a bit with games in hand over next few days.

Is there a trade freeze over all star? Can't remember...I look for GMJR to maybe wheel and deal if not...

I also noticed ol 58 getting caught up ice immediately afterwards. smh.

I'd love to watch this team play without him again.

DeSmith certainly made some good saves, but gave up a couple which we're regrettably getting a little TOO used to seeing. They obviously had the good stretch in the second when they tied the score; but the takedown of the Malkin goal (which I thought was the right call), and then Flower's stoning them the rest of the penalty sealed the deal.

I thought Vegas was MUCH the better team......still, I'm trying to figure out how/why Alex Tuch had their defense seemingly SO intimidated and on their heels (and asses).

Did you guys find yourselves wondering why they didn't start Murray last night ?? Obviously, it's no secret they don't like.....or downright REFUSE.....to play him in back-to-backs (for more than obvious reasons).

But with the bye starting today......the team wrapping up a not very successful trip.....and knowing Vegas was coming in well rested and ready for bear with a monster crowd and Flower gunned up to be at his best....it seemed (to me, at least) like the right time to go against the grain and try Murray again.

Of course, even though he was on public record as supposedly being ready to make last night's start, perhaps MM ended up leaving his jock in Glendale. Meanwhile, I've never understood why the first teamer pretty much always seems to get the start in the first night of the back-to-back in the NHL, while the scrub plays the second night.....regardless if it's the tougher game (as was the case this weekend).

But hey, I've never played the game.....so what the hell do I know......

Did you guys find yourselves wondering why they didn't start Murray last night ?? Obviously, it's no secret they don't like.....or downright REFUSE.....to play him in back-to-backs (for more than obvious reasons).

But with the bye starting today......the team wrapping up a not very successful trip.....and knowing Vegas was coming in well rested and ready for bear with a monster crowd and Flower gunned up to be at his best....it seemed (to me, at least) like the right time to go against the grain and try Murray again.

Of course, even though he was on public record as supposedly being ready to make last night's start, perhaps MM ended up leaving his jock in Glendale. Meanwhile, I've never understood why the first teamer pretty much always seems to get the start in the first night of the back-to-back in the NHL, while the scrub plays the second night.....regardless if it's the tougher game (as was the case this weekend).

But hey, I've never played the game.....so what the hell do I know......
I woulda started MM with the long break...albeit on a bit shorter leash. In saying this I have no idea how he looked in Zona Fri night? Those who saw it, was he a bit.... off?

before last night there was no reason to not have confidence in desmith... he's earned it. nothing burger.

I woulda started MM with the long break...albeit on a bit shorter leash. In saying this I have no idea how he looked in Zona Fri night? Those who saw it, was he a bit.... off?

Not sure I'd say it was a great game, but he DID hold a team with 4 wins in its last 5.....playing on home ice.....to 2 goals on 33 shots. No secret the Yotes aren't exactly flush with finishers, but statistically speaking (at least) it was solid game.

Anyway, assuming MM came out of that game feeling good (and we have no idea about that), you'd think going up against his hockey godfather in Vegas.....in what turned out to be THE most important game of the road trip.....would provide enough personal incentive to take the cage last night.

Or not ....

All Star wknd....I MIGHT watch the skills....other than that wake me up when it is OVER.
Just an excuse for uppitty up's to gladhand and pat each other on the back...no thanks....oh...and about 40 or 50 hockey players with no desire to be there, fake smiling for the camera, or being a miserable self absorbed prick (The Jagr episode)....no thanks again.

Btw...it's -40 here tonight, maybe why I'm a bit crusty...I am hardened to the cold as you all might glean, but this? Well it's just a wee bit much for my liking...

Last edited:
All Star wknd....I MIGHT watch the skills....other than that wake me up when it is OVER.
Just an excuse for uppitty up's to gladhand and pat each other on the back...no thanks....oh...and about 40 or 50 hockey players with no desire to be there, fake smiling for the camera, or being a miserable self absorbed prick (The Jagr episode)....no thanks again.

Btw...it's -40 here tonight, maybe why I'm a bit crusty...I am hardened to the cold as you all might glean, but this? Well it's just a wee bit much for my liking...

Speaking of the ASG, I was thinking this afternoon; why even put goaltenders on the rosters ??

None of them have the least bit of interest playing in a game with NO defense being played in front of them.....plus they're not exactly breaking their respective asses to make any kind of great save anyway. And even IF they're having a great year thus far, they're just as likely (and probably far MORE likely) to give up 6 GA in a period as they are to pitch a shutout..... which absolutely NOBODY connected to the game wants.

To my way of thinking, just bolt a Score-O board on the goal with a half dozen or so openings.....with a pic of a goaltender painted in the middle......and just leave the gunners out there to gun at targets.

Speaking of the ASG, I was thinking this afternoon; why even put goaltenders on the rosters ??

None of them have the least bit of interest playing in a game with NO defense being played in front of them.....plus they're not exactly breaking their respective asses to make any kind of great save anyway. And even IF they're having a great year thus far, they're just as likely (and probably far MORE likely) to give up 6 GA in a period as they are to pitch a shutout..... which absolutely NOBODY connected to the game wants.

To my way of thinking, just bolt a Score-O board on the goal with a half dozen or so openings.....with a pic of a goaltender painted in the middle......and just leave the gunners out there to gun at targets.
I like your way of thinking... A LOT.....in fact EDIT: make it the 3 inch slot I have to deal with at bottom of net during my pond tourney. Upcoming on Feb 2! I hope to god it's a warmer day than today/tomorrow...heinous cold...

a "shooter tooter" at the all star game? lol

I like watching the goalies get toasted without their structure in front of them.

I didn't watch any of the Craps at Hawks yesterday......too bad, as it's always satisfying to see them lose.

Anyway, I was looking at the box score this morning and saw a borderline amazing stat if you didn't see (or hear about) it......which I presume was well documented during the broadcast. In an 8-5 loss, ALL the Craps goals came from their defense (2 from Carlson, and 1 each from Orlov, Niskanen, and Orpik). Meanwhile, Craps goaltending gave up a combined 7GA in only 28 shots.

With their 5th loss in a row, at least the Craps have been helping keep the now slumbering Pens in the race......while the Isles, now in 1st place, continue their totally unconscious streak.

McGsus is such a dick sometimes...at least smile and ACT like you're enjoying it for once....him and that sour bitch Matthews should band together with a cinder block on a dock by the river one day...It'd be far more enjoyable than watching the sulking...

McGsus is such a dick sometimes...at least smile and ACT like you're enjoying it for once....him and that sour bitch Matthews should band together with a cinder block on a dock by the river one day...It'd be far more enjoyable than watching the sulking...[/QUOTEhttp://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Leonardo-DiCaprio-What-the-****-are-you-talking-about.gif

Well...you started...er...no you didn't lol. Oh...I see it now in the text, a wtf are you talkin bout gif.
This skills competition. I /we have been hockeyless for about a week, the skills I can deal with. The game is nonsense.

I admittedly wasn't exactly excited to watch the Skills, but am usually at least willing to turn it in on.

Of course.....as is typical for my Friday evening after a week of travel.....my dead ass fell asleep in the chair and I missed/forgot about the entire competition. In fact, I wasn't even aware until this morning that a gal was entered in the Fastest Skater; but from what I can tell, even McGsus (I kinda like that name) was impressed with her.

Speaking of McGsus and his lack of personality, Sid has been drilled for that exact same reason by the cement heads of the sport ever since he shot his first ad for Tim's.....will be interested to see if McG gets the same treatment over time

I admittedly wasn't exactly excited to watch the Skills, but am usually at least willing to turn it in on.

Of course.....as is typical for my Friday evening after a week of travel.....my dead ass fell asleep in the chair and I missed/forgot about the entire competition. In fact, I wasn't even aware until this morning that a gal was entered in the Fastest Skater; but from what I can tell, even McGsus (I kinda like that name) was impressed with her.

Speaking of McGsus and his lack of personality, Sid has been drilled for that exact same reason by the cement heads of the sport ever since he shot his first ad for Tim's.....will be interested to see if McG gets the same treatment over time
Ya and the other gal Decker beat the 'winner' Draisaitl's time in the fastest passer competition yet the league announced /paying him as the victor? Wtf? Thus it was all some ridiculous sideshow obviously imo...
As per McGsus /Matthews et al...as much as Sid is a bit flat at times personality wise at least he looks at either the interviewer or the camera engaged. Shows some respect and often a smile. I don't know if this is some millenial thing with the complete lack of care. They both look as though they could care less , staring into outerspace with two word answers. Maybe they should consider bringing their phone's for all future interviews to text the answers to the questions asked. It's pathetic...
Link to the #PayDecker thingy...
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4994353

Trying to link the actual write up rather than the video...not sure it worked...here's some of it copied /pasted.

TORONTO — This was supposed to be the new dawn of American hockey. The era in which Team USA, ripe with young, dynamic talent, climbed up and challenged for the throne.

After decades of operating in the shadow of their northern neighbours and that red-and-white behemoth, the United States was set for a renaissance on the backs of the Gaudreaus and the Eichels, on that of Auston Matthews and the number of other U.S.-born stars dominating from the blue line and in the cage.
The only problem: So far, the squad has yet to get an opportunity to do any damage together.

Between the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, which siphoned a number of talented Americans off to an under-23 ‘Team North America’ roster, and the NHL’s decision not to participate in the 2018 Olympic Games, stars like
Jack Eichel and Matthews have yet to suit up together on the biggest international stage.
That run looks set to continue following the recent news of the NHL and NHLPA falling short in their efforts to bring the World Cup back in 2020. It appears 2022 is likely the next best bet — that three-year delay only serving as the full sentence if the NHL decides to return to the Olympics — though a 2021 option appears to be in the early stages of discussion as well.

Regardless, it seems an opportunity missed for the red, white and blue, without a doubt, given the immense talent waiting to come over the boards.

“Obviously Canada has all those great players, but the U.S. stacks up, man to man,” says Craig Conroy, who suited up for Team USA at the 2004 World Cup of Hockey and the 2006 Olympic Games. “It’s pretty even back and forth, which is exciting for USA Hockey.”

For the time being, Conroy’s premier American lineup remains the one that claimed the ’96 World Cup — with legends like Brian Leetch, Mike Modano and Brett Hull leading the charge — but the Potsdam, N.Y. native says Team USA’s current crop can, at the very least, challenge for that top spot.

“I’d have to see how they perform on the world stage together as a group, and what kind of success they had,” he says. “But, with that said, they’re right there. I mean, there are going to be Hall of Famers coming out of here, and guys that have done things for teams that are going to set records. They’re just elite, high-end, skilled players.

“Hopefully they get in some competitions so we can see how they really do fare against the best of the best in the world.”

Last edited:
Regardless how little effort the defenses and goaltenders put out last night, Sid's 8 points in 2 periods....and Landeskog and Rantanen's 7 points, for that matter......look pretty good on paper.

Of course, Barzal scores 5 points and is basically a non-story. Oh......and in probably my MOST perceptive take of the entire weekend......I was glad that McGsus had the good sense to get a BADLY needed haircut before leaving for San Jose.

Regardless how little effort the defenses and goaltenders put out last night, Sid's 8 points in 2 periods....and Landeskog and Rantanen's 7 points, for that matter......look pretty good on paper.

Of course, Barzal scores 5 points and is basically a non-story. Oh......and in probably my MOST perceptive take of the entire weekend......I was glad that McGsus had the good sense to get a BADLY needed haircut before leaving for San Jose.

I actually thought the metro team at least tried to be responsible defensively. There were even a few minor scrums along the boards in the first period of the final game.

NJD at Pens tonight.....both teams coming off their bye week. Devils are stinking it up season; and on paper, should get their doors blown off.

But, they're playing Keith Kincaid in goal, who consistently plays as well (or better) against the Pens than any other goaltender in the friggin' game. And that's before their lineup customarily skates like the Pens are in quicksand.

Until the Pens finally prove on the ice the Devils don't have their number.....they're a dismal 0-2 thus far this season, and were 1-3 last year......I'm going to keep betting on the Devils. I also don't want to hear they flatlined tonight because they were looking forward to Tampa coming in on Wednesday night.

Oleksiak back to Dallas for the same #4 pick they traded to Dallas for him last season.....didn't take long for the bloom to come off his rose. I assume the ass-kicking he took from Wilson cooked his goose with the Pens, and he's hardly dressed the last month.

Additionally, with Schultz ready to return, his cap space evidently needed to be shed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT