ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Jan 2019

There he is! And yes it woulda been priceless! CLASS....You can't drop HS basketball game/nephew here and not discuss the result btw...how'd he do? And which one is this? Wes?
Yes, Wes the uncoordinated 6'3" freshman. Not very good, but tries hard. He plays JV. He scored one bucket. Good guys won JV and Varsity, so it was good.

The streak continues......I missed the Rangers game on WED (was in Chicago for an evening) but saw most of last night's game. Would sure like to see some B&G payback tomorrow night versus the Hawks.

Meanwhile, I have to share a little conflict that has taken hold of yours truly. I bought a new car last week.....a 2018 Optima for use as my Sales guy "beater" the next (hopefully) 5 years......and went ahead and financed. As is always the case, I wanted the best rate I could get; I could have done so through my credit union, but decided to go with dealer financing because they treated me exceptionally well.

Well, guess who they trotted out with the best rate; none other than CAPITAL ONE......and we all know with whom they're in bed with. I was honestly conflicted if I wanted to give them my business; but ultimately decided I didn't want to act like your garden variety jackboot who decides whose products they use based whether or not they're advertising on FNN.

Anyway, after one week of ownership, I like the car just fine......but this conflict just hit my mind again as I finally set up the loan online (and in my Quicken app) this morning. Meanwhile, please don't hold this against me as some kind of wacky switch in allegiance...... :eek:

The streak continues......I missed the Rangers game on WED (was in Chicago for an evening) but saw most of last night's game. Would sure like to see some B&G payback tomorrow night versus the Hawks.

Meanwhile, I have to share a little conflict that has taken hold of yours truly. I bought a new car last week.....a 2018 Optima for use as my Sales guy "beater" the next (hopefully) 5 years......and went ahead and financed. As is always the case, I wanted the best rate I could get; I could have done so through my credit union, but decided to go with dealer financing because they treated me exceptionally well.

Well, guess who they trotted out with the best rate; none other than CAPITAL ONE......and we all know with whom they're in bed with. I was honestly conflicted if I wanted to give them my business; but ultimately decided I didn't want to act like your garden variety jackboot who decides whose products they use based whether or not they're advertising on FNN.

Anyway, after one week of ownership, I like the car just fine......but this conflict just hit my mind again as I finally set up the loan online (and in my Quicken app) this morning. Meanwhile, please don't hold this against me as some kind of wacky switch in allegiance...... :eek:
Optima eh? Is it Black with gold interior? I figured you for something more like this?
96XjhX.jpg

When driving around the Columbus area some may try and run you off the road, however there is little doubt that absolutely everybody will point and say 'Look at that fella over there! He's a winner !'

Reactions: COOL MAN
That is too funny Coolman!
Let's Go Pens ! Smoke the Blackhawks!

This Eagles/Bears playoff game is AWFUL......I'm about ready to switch to coverage of the Red Carpet at the Golden Gloves (on E!) awaiting that WAY too-late (which I presume is BECAUSE of that playoff game) 800pm faceoff :(

I must be hearing things: Mike Milbury and Keith Jones both just agreed that #87 is currently the best player in the world!

Reactions: Irwineer2
the hawks present the ultimate "heatcheck" for the penguins. they never seem to play sound positional hockey vs the hawks, instead choosing to play river hockey.

I love them giving desmith the start in this impending fiasco.

also I saw shultz skated recently.

Didn't look very good on that 5 on 3......never even came close to finding an open man.

Needed that one from Brass......hope it wakes them up again. Nothing worse than giving an inferior opponent a reason to believe.

Yecch.......amazing how the runaway enthusiasm of an 8-game winning streak can rocket down the friggin' commode like so much diarrhea :flush:especially on home ice to one of the worst teams in the business

Yecch.......amazing how the runaway enthusiasm of an 8-game winning streak can rocket down the friggin' commode like so much diarrhea :flush:especially on home ice to one of the worst teams in the business

are you really surprised though? I'm not, they couldn't beat the hawks if their lives depended on it.

it should be used as a teaching moment. because they took all the good stuff they had been doing for the past few weeks and threw it out the window.

worst part for me was the miserable 5 on 3 powerplay that resulted in just a lot of fancy passing.

fvck.

Here's to hoping to pens can find the game they didn't/never have vs the hawks tonight vs the panthers. murray between the pipes.

Reactions: torontoeers
as always the pens are spot on with their challenges. should just let them handle things for tomlin as well.

Reactions: torontoeers
Hey t, what in the hell is going on in Oshawa......and what are teams right next to one another in the OHL standings (meaning the Gens and Ice Dogs) doing trading key players to one another ??

Is this kind of trading activity common in the OHL ??

Well ...sounds like it's a GOOD thing I missed Sunday nights unfortunate result. Get back on this horse and ride tonight!!!
Yeah, only game I've been able to watch out of the past 10. Go figure!

I must be hearing things: Mike Milbury and Keith Jones both just agreed that #87 is currently the best player in the world!

Sid pisses me off more than any star Pittsburgh has had in any sport because he can take weeks off at a time. But since the middle of last year, the dude has been unreal.

zack aston reese broke his hand in that fight in the third period last night. on to IR he goes. up comes garrett wilson.

Is it just me, or is DeSmith's consistently BIGGEST weakness shots from right up the gut on which he's got a clear view.??
I may have posted this a few weeks ago but I heard some stat that said against high quality shots, DeSmith was ranked in the top 10 in the league. Against low quality chances he was something like 28th. Odd isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT