ADVERTISEMENT

Pens --- FEB 2019

Didn't see ANY of yesterday's game, but noticed a couple interesting tidbits in the box score:

--Geno (2/1) and Kessel (0/2) combine for 5 points, and finish the game at a combined -4

--Matt Cullen batted 1.000 on faceoffs (11-0)

As good as Geno/Phil can be together offensively they’re twice as bad defensively. I’d separate them. Also, if GMJR doesn’t acquire a top four defenseman he’s a fool. Johnson is freaking terrible!

Namestnikov with a subtle, but wonderfully effective, trip right up the slot on Horndog as he was trying to clear the defensive zone.....resulting in a nice clean shot for Strome to tie it up.

Trying to figure out why Geno was on the ice in an empty-net situation with the Pens trying to protect a 2-goal lead......with that kind of lead, and their splendidly middling defense, I'm not altogether sure why they needed a goal scorer on the ice.

I do realize it's because they almost assuredly were trying to get poor Geno his shot at the hat trick; but speaking only for myself, I'm significantly more interested in protecting the lead.....which the NYR did cut to one, though with only 18 seconds left on the clock...... than Geno padding his stat sheet.

Trying to figure out why Geno was on the ice in an empty-net situation with the Pens trying to protect a 2-goal lead......with that kind of lead, and their splendidly middling defense, I'm not altogether sure why they needed a goal scorer on the ice.

I do realize it's because they almost assuredly were trying to get poor Geno his shot at the hat trick; but speaking only for myself, I'm significantly more interested in protecting the lead.....which the NYR did cut to one, though with only 18 seconds left on the clock...... than Geno padding his stat sheet.

that started with 66... don't see that kind of tradition ending for something silly like defense.

Reactions: torontoeers
Obviously, this has been going on for awhile......though the Canes are clearly ramping it up during this hot streak......but I have to admit it doesn't bother me (or, at least, I don't care if they're doing it). I guess it's because I myself simply don't give a shit about anything having to do with the Carolina Hurricanes. Maybe it'd bother me more if this were Washington or Columbus rolling it out.

Meanwhile, when you distill it all down, it's this really any worse than that pre-game side show Vegas rolled out last season ??

Obviously, this has been going on for awhile......though the Canes are clearly ramping it up during this hot streak......but I have to admit it doesn't bother me (or, at least, I don't care if they're doing it). I guess it's because I myself simply don't give a shit about anything having to do with the Carolina Hurricanes. Maybe it'd bother me more if this were Washington or Columbus rolling it out.

Meanwhile, when you distill it all down, it's this really any worse than that pre-game side show Vegas rolled out last season ??
True...man that was hard to watch...

This might actually be the first and hopefully only time I agree with that f'n dinosaur Cherry (he was bombastic over the top as usual however), in regards to these dumbass celebrations by the Canes...but I got a good chuckle outta their response! [roll]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rricanes-don-cherry-t-shirt-jerks/2903176002/

the fact that this stuff keeps happening tell you exactly how fvcking soft the league has gotten. what a disgrace.

its, much much worse. the vegas crap was pre-game showman ship. this is an entire team effort to show someone up.

its, much much worse. the vegas crap was pre-game showman ship. this is an entire team effort to show someone up.
To my eyes it's millennial crap in overdrive...The Canes need to supply all players with the latest and greatest selfie sticks, install more mirrors in the locker room, have weekly workshops on how to act as though you have never ever won a game before upon a victory, and emblazon centre ice with #selflove...

To my eyes it's millennial crap in overdrive...The Canes need to supply all players with the latest and greatest selfie sticks, install more mirrors in the locker room, have weekly workshops on how to act as though you have never ever won a game before upon a victory, and emblazon centre ice with #selflove...

in my mind, its a way to sell hockey to rubes.

Not sure if the 2nd NJD goal was more the result of Kessel's half-assed attempt to control the puck with his back to the closing Devils checker, or Murray's half-assed cover of the near post on the SOG.

Reactions: Irwineer2
Pretty nice ripper by Tricky Nicky.....who seems to be getting more comfortable in black and gold.....to tie it up. But the BIGGER point is the 2 GF by the Pens in the 1st against the previously unbeatable Keith Kincaid.

Hoping this is a good sign tonight; that is, if Murray holds up.

Let's get one here tonight lads...this one is bigger than it seems imo. Casey hold the fort, and as you guys mention let's get a few markers from Horny and 81...they are well past DUE!

I missed the goal. had a friend stop over to pick up fund raising tickets for saturday for my baseball team. what happened?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT