ADVERTISEMENT

Pens --- FEB 2019

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Might the first time we started the new monthly thread with a trade:

Brassard, Sheahan, a 2019 #2, and two 2019 #4's to Florida to Tricky Nicky Bjugstad and Jared McCann. Obviously. a house (and salary) purge by the Panthers.....FWIW, I myself think most figure Brassard is not long for Sunrise; wouldn't be surprised if Tallon flips him to somebody in search of another #2 pick.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think this is a pretty favorable deal for the Pens.....mostly because I've been a Bjugstad fan for a pretty long time. I also think McCann might have at least some upside. Plus the only thing they really gave up of any reasonable current value to the organziation is the #2.

Last edited:
Bjugstad and McCann are both expected to play tonight vs. Ottawa. But late this afternoon comes a report that Geno is out for the weekend with a UBI possibly sustained against Tampa (even though he finished the game). He's being called day-to-day, which I assume means he could easily miss the next half dozen games (thru the Cryers on 2/11).

So, I assume that means Tricky Nicky will be on the second line tonight with Cullen up to the 3rd and Blueger getting regular minutes on the 4th.

Last edited:
I guess mccann and bujstad made it into the building about 10 minutes ago.

so I guess they are in???

Reactions: torontoeers
Tonight is a damned big game aside the fact the Division is so close; this month, Pens play the Leaves, Lightning, Cryers twice, Flames, Devils :scream:, Sharks, and Blojax.

Perfect setup for the Sens......Letang caught on the weakside, and Rust left alone to (not) cover Ryan in the slot.

Starting to get a bit complacent here...this Nillson is big and has made some decent stops but...the rebounds this guy gives up! Get on em quicker and this game is outta reach for the Sens...

It has already started here...'if you're not up 6 nuthin on the lowly Sens right now how the **** do ya expect to beat us tomorrow ya sad sacks'....
Oh yeah...it's ON you all of a sudden world beaters...go toss off already fools...
I want to punch them all in their collective feeble minds.

I am halfway drunk and need to play three games minimum tomorrow out on the lake. Thankfully the temps rise to around 30 deg F for our (likely) last game at noon. Moral of the story is, ONE more and then club bed.
Pulled that one back from the jaws of death which is good....I'll be watching likely completely wiped/bombed tomorrow eve with a bunch of Leaves asshats...you may not hear from me. But this one is BIG for me round here...saw this off at 2-1 Pens on the season series...just WIN damnit!

I am halfway drunk and need to play three games minimum tomorrow out on the lake. Thankfully the temps rise to around 30 deg F for our (likely) last game at noon. Moral of the story is, ONE more and then club bed.
Pulled that one back from the jaws of death which is good....I'll be watching likely completely wiped/bombed tomorrow eve with a bunch of Leaves asshats...you may not hear from me. But this one is BIG for me round here...saw this off at 2-1 Pens on the season series...just WIN damnit!

I got out there again today. sore and cold. going to take tomorrow off from the pond...

Couple quick things this morning:
  • Did you realize SOG last night were 40-40......obviously, I didn't.
  • A subscriber on DKs site mentioned that Tricky Nicky was taken at 1-19 by Florida in the 2010 Draft. Guess who was taken at 1-20......none other than our old pal BEAU BENNETT And who was taken at 1-21 by the Dead Wings.....none other than RILEY SHEAHAN. And who was taken at 1-22 by the Habs..... none other than former Pens minor leaguer JARROD TINORDI.
Not that any of this matters, but that 2010 1st round was pretty impressive: Taylor Hall-1, Tyler Seguin-2, Erik Gudbransen-3, Ryan Johansen-4, Jeff Skinner-7, Mikeal Granlund-9, Cam Fowler-12, Jaden Schwartz-14, Vlad Tarasenko-16, Evgeny Kuznetsov-26, Charlie Coyle-28, and Brock Nelson-30.

Still angry....likely for days...you had ONE job. Fail.
Btw team Eers pond hockey 1 and 2....started out gangbusters and then....Dana was our coach it seems....

Btw team Eers pond hockey 1 and 2....started out gangbusters and then....Dana was our coach it seems....

Maybe Dana just didn't pay enough 5-stars in Ontario enough cash to play for the Port Perry Mountaineers...... [roll]

Pens, Craps, Blojax all lose......while Isles and Cryers each win. Isles (30-21) now up a full 4 points on the Pens and Craps (both 28-24) and 7 on the Blojax (28-23).

This division is a friggin washing machine, and I sure as hell don't have a clue when/where it's gonna stop.

BTW t, that was your annual (I think) Lake Scugog event, right ???

Just read Josh Yohe's comment in The Athletic (from FRI 2/1) saying that GMJR insists he's not likely to deal his 2019 #1 because he "really likes this upcoming draft class". FWIW, it appears as though Yohe may have published this comment before the trade with Florida went public.

Meanwhile, Sean McIndoe is reporting there his belief indicators are getting stronger.....mostly due to the Blojax losing streak.....that Panerin indeed will be moved sooner rather than later; meaning that waiting until the deadline to make a decision may be something they can't afford to do.

BTW t, that was your annual (I think) Lake Scugog event, right ???
Yezir!
Here ya go boys...
8fhkkSYr.jpg

J8ASeI2.jpg

afIaQCp.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN
looks good toronto...

I"ll be on geno watch all day tomorrow because the thought of bujstad, guentzel and crosby has me very excited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT