ADVERTISEMENT

Pens --- FEB 2019

I'm just really angry at the whole affair gents....REALLY angry for a reg season game in hand 5 mins left. They ALL own it with bells on imo....g'night.! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Next morning and I just can't shake my anger with Murray......we even got the fielding error we wanted/needed on Elliott, and MM just had to one-up him.

Reactions: torontoeers
What a terrible trade deadline day. Man Botterill was the true brains wasn’t he? Turned an expiring Hagelin contract into 2 more years of Gudbranson at $4 mill per year. Add that on top of already signing JJ who sucks ass but makes like $3.25 million per year. You have total of $7.25 tied up in 2 awful defensemen. Jim Rutherford has went downhill in a hurry

What a terrible trade deadline day. Man Botterill was the true brains wasn’t he? Turned an expiring Hagelin contract into 2 more years of Gudbranson at $4 mill per year. Add that on top of already signing JJ who sucks ass but makes like $3.25 million per year. You have total of $7.25 tied up in 2 awful defensemen. Jim Rutherford has went downhill in a hurry

GMJR has taken the fastest team in the league and made us big and slow on the blue line and let our clutch 3rd line C leave for Nashville and instead invested over $7+ mill in two of the worst defensemen in the league. He gave away Ian Cole and way over paid for Brassard who only netted a 3rd round pick today. And Hags who always hustled and played hard and albeit challenged offensively did a great job chasing pucks down and back checking. And the failure we got for Hags was sent packing today. Great job Jim! If we don’t make the playoffs Mario needs to put the old man out to pasture. Some serious work will need to be done on the off season starting with parting ways with Phil and figuring out how to clear more cap space. What a effing train wreck we’ve become.

Reactions: Peaky BlindEER
GMJR has taken the fastest team in the league and made us big and slow on the blue line and let our clutch 3rd line C leave for Nashville and instead invested over $7+ mill in two of the worst defensemen in the league. He gave away Ian Cole and way over paid for Brassard who only netted a 3rd round pick today. And Hags who always hustled and played hard and albeit challenged offensively did a great job chasing pucks down and back checking. And the failure we got for Hags was sent packing today. Great job Jim! If we don’t make the playoffs Mario needs to put the old man out to pasture. Some serious work will need to be done on the off season starting with parting ways with Phil and figuring out how to clear more cap space. What a effing train wreck we’ve become.
I 100% agree, we need a big retool for the final push of our core’s window. Signing guys like JJ and trading for EG only shrinks our window. Kessel needs traded, he still has lot of value and Pens need to be proactive and maximize his value. Get some younger, hungrier guys. I’d possibly trade Hornqvist, he’s 1 concussion away from being absolutely done, he’s been terrible since he returned. That’s a shitty contract JR extended him to last year, trade him for younger hungrier guy. Defense needs fixed, way too expensive and even worse, it’s shitty. Predators got a far superior defensemen and their group is probably cheaper. Even with EK and Burns, Sharks defensemen group is probably cheaper. We are paying a lot of cash for a lot of shit excluding Letang, Dumo, and Schultz.

Reactions: WVRON
I'm personally going to make one non-solicited commentary......and only one......about the Hagelin for Gudbranson (as most everyone seems to be calling it) deal. For the purpose of this discussion, allow me to leave the contract differences (and other recent GMJR deals) on the side of the road for just a moment.

To my way of thinking, it's a deal of players with singular skill sets; Hags his skating (still perfectly fine, though not what it was 3 years ago) and Gudbranson his fists.(I'm still not sure what Pearson's singular skill was). Now, if you prefer/choose the skater, it's pretty clear on which side you fall......but if it's the fists, then it's equally clear.

FWIW, I don't think either this deal (or the one for Wideman) even gets made if they didn't have the two injuries on Saturday night (though I might be wrong about that). Regardless, it remains clear the value GMJR continues to place on a roster bodyguard. Of course, Sully never embraced JR's previous solid-gold, 1st-draft-choice-paid-for bodyguard; not sure why he'll do so this time, either.

I'm personally OK with this deal for the obvious reasons; 1) it didn't involve a player of note leaving the roster and 2) Gud levels the table (well, again) with the Wilsons, Jenners, and Raffls/Gudas' of the world. But does he help them win another Cup......or even notably advance their long-term playoff prospects.....that's a question probably bordering on silly.

Anyway, if you must be against the deal for pure analytics reasons, that's understandable. But to argue the team is better off (by comparison) with a declining Hagelin.....or Pearson, for that matter......is something I don't see given what Gud unquestionably can deliver. Plus, moving Pearson now opens a full-time roster spot for Blueger; a kid I think most want in this lineup..

And for the record, the remaining 2 years of Gud's contract ($4 million cap hit) is only $250K higher than the same 2 years remaining on Pearson's ($3.75 million cap hit). I myself obviously believe that's money (comparatively-speaking) well spent.

All that said, go ahead and pick up again with the justified (IMO) continued criticism of GMJR's personal track record the last couple years......I will say that I consider the franchise fortunate it's never had the cap space for him to make a truly goofy signing like Alex Semin (which still counts for $2 million+ of dead money for the Canes the next 2 seasons).

Good post and some solid points @COOL MAN . But we had said enforcer and a much better all around hockey player in Reaves. Sully wouldn’t play him. We had what I’d call a marginally better defenseman and enforcer in Big Rig and JR traded him. And if you remember back to when Sully first took over his mantra was “just play”. He didn’t want to engage in the foolishness that we tried to play in that series versus Philly or the one against Boston when we got swept. Instead, we “just played” and won two cups with great speed and solid goal tending.

As soon as Letang returns, and from what I gather is they hope he returns this Friday night, and Dumo returns does anyone really think Gudbranson will even play? Perhaps occasionally in the regular season but does anyone think Sully will trust a slow, plodding defenseman with no real skills to protect his blue line come playoff time? I don’t see it. I do think Hags would have helped much more come post season. But that ship has sailed. In the end I would have preferred a rental in exchange for Pearson so as to clear cap space. We know have over $7 million invested in two of the worst defensemen in the league. It will be interesting to see how the roster is managed this summer and I’ll be shocked I Phil isn’t dealt at the draft. In the short time boys we need some MFing points! Nothing would please me more than to beat the BJ’s three times over the next couple of weeks and help send them home for the post season after they went all in at the trade deadline. Eff Torts and eff the BJ’s! Let’s Go Pens!!

good afternoon boys.

crazy wind here in western pa knocked out the transformer by my house and I have been without power since sunday at 2pm and it looks like they won't get it back on soon.

I missed most of the debacle saturday night at a fundraiser/party. and need a quick catch up on trade deadline from pens fans perspective if anyone has one.

good afternoon boys.

crazy wind here in western pa knocked out the transformer by my house and I have been without power since sunday at 2pm and it looks like they won't get it back on soon.

I missed most of the debacle saturday night at a fundraiser/party. and need a quick catch up on trade deadline from pens fans perspective if anyone has one.

My take on he trade deadline. Good news is we rid ourselves of Pearson. Bad news is we got Gunbranson. Oh and Jack Johnson will play significant minutes until Tanger and Dumo return. Good news there is Pens think both could be back by week’s end.

good afternoon boys.

You need me to come down there and set you up with the same backup gen system I put in? It's a dream bud, now that I FINALLY did it. Have had one outage since and I opened up my front window curtains nice and wide for all the neighbours to see me watching the hockey game...while they bbq'd by candlelight lol.
In all seriousness we had the same winds on Sunday/Monday gusts to 70 miles an hr. Luckily no damage at my place or the general area...

I'm personally going to make one non-solicited commentary......and only one......about the Hagelin for Gudbranson (as most everyone seems to be calling it) deal. For the purpose of this discussion, allow me to leave the contract differences (and other recent GMJR deals) on the side of the road for just a moment.

To my way of thinking, it's a deal of players with singular skill sets; Hags his skating (still perfectly fine, though not what it was 3 years ago) and Gudbranson his fists.(I'm still not sure what Pearson's singular skill was). Now, if you prefer/choose the skater, it's pretty clear on which side you fall......but if it's the fists, then it's equally clear.

FWIW, I don't think either this deal (or the one for Wideman) even gets made if they didn't have the two injuries on Saturday night (though I might be wrong about that). Regardless, it remains clear the value GMJR continues to place on a roster bodyguard. Of course, Sully never embraced JR's previous solid-gold, 1st-draft-choice-paid-for bodyguard; not sure why he'll do so this time, either.

I'm personally OK with this deal for the obvious reasons; 1) it didn't involve a player of note leaving the roster and 2) Gud levels the table (well, again) with the Wilsons, Jenners, and Raffls/Gudas' of the world. But does he help them win another Cup......or even notably advance their long-term playoff prospects.....that's a question probably bordering on silly.

Anyway, if you must be against the deal for pure analytics reasons, that's understandable. But to argue the team is better off (by comparison) with a declining Hagelin.....or Pearson, for that matter......is something I don't see given what Gud unquestionably can deliver. Plus, moving Pearson now opens a full-time roster spot for Blueger; a kid I think most want in this lineup..

And for the record, the remaining 2 years of Gud's contract ($4 million cap hit) is only $250K higher than the same 2 years remaining on Pearson's ($3.75 million cap hit). I myself obviously believe that's money (comparatively-speaking) well spent.

All that said, go ahead and pick up again with the justified (IMO) continued criticism of GMJR's personal track record the last couple years......I will say that I consider the franchise fortunate it's never had the cap space for him to make a truly goofy signing like Alex Semin (which still counts for $2 million+ of dead money for the Canes the next 2 seasons).
good afternoon boys.

Solid points gents...
I guess my main question is...we had a better D man in Big Rig than Gud with similar skillset. Imo no contest. So why?
More digesting of this needed for me to comment further. Been a busy few days...please I beg, somebody light a fire under the Black and Gold tonight vs these recently re-tooled...well...TOOLS!

Edit meant to put @WVRON and @Peaky BlindEER posts in this multi quote too...

Next morning and I just can't shake my anger with Murray......we even got the fielding error we wanted/needed on Elliott, and MM just had to one-up him.
After more thinking /reviewing I'm pretty much on board with you here. It was a stoppable shot the 4th. Although I still maintain the 3rd goal was worse. Really he needs to stop both shots depleted D corps or not...at least he took the high road and shouldered the blame I guess...He needs to have a BIG bounce back game asap. I hope Sully puts him right back in tonight to make amends...without him on top of his game we are finished imo...

One more thing...I want Gud to beat the absolute begeezus out of either Dubinsky or Jenner tonight...at least one of the pair. If he grabs Torts by the hair and smashes his pinhead off the glass / dasher boards that'd be a bonus...but pretty cool to see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If he's simply out there to stand in cement then he's of no use for me...

Reactions: Irwineer2
You need me to come down there and set you up with the same backup gen system I put in? It's a dream bud, now that I FINALLY did it. Have had one outage since and I opened up my front window curtains nice and wide for all the neighbours to see me watching the hockey game...while they bbq'd by candlelight lol.
In all seriousness we had the same winds on Sunday/Monday gusts to 70 miles an hr. Luckily no damage at my place or the general area...

already in the works buddy. funny thing is, I could probably get one of those and have it installed before they get my power back on. looking like saturday afternoon.

already in the works buddy. funny thing is, I could probably get one of those and have it installed before they get my power back on. looking like saturday afternoon.
Damn...thats awhile.
My setup is a manual transition at 30 amp 120/208 volt with my 7500W roll up. Got the fridge, freezer, sump, furnace, tv/internet and a few lights/ receptacles on it. Just migrated the circuits over to a pony panel. I wanted the big auto transfer setup but couldn't justify it at around 5-6 g's with me doing all the electrical. This setup I put together for around 1100 including the genset . Not bad imo.
Go bring those linemen some coffee and donuts to get you back on grid quicker! Er...maybe not, no breaks lol.
Best of luck getting it back soon.

Damn...thats awhile.
My setup is a manual transition at 30 amp 120/208 volt with my 7500W roll up. Got the fridge, freezer, sump, furnace, tv/internet and a few lights/ receptacles on it. Just migrated the circuits over to a pony panel. I wanted the big auto transfer setup but couldn't justify it at around 5-6 g's with me doing all the electrical. This setup I put together for around 1100 including the genset . Not bad imo.
Go bring those linemen some coffee and donuts to get you back on grid quicker! Er...maybe not, no breaks lol.
Best of luck getting it back soon.

I have not seen one bucket truck the last 3 days. fagg*ts. I drove for three hours yesterday and nothing. daughter hasn't had school this week.

I'm starting to get frustrated but luckily my parents are in sc so we have invaded their place which luckily has power.

After more thinking /reviewing I'm pretty much on board with you here. It was a stoppable shot the 4th. Although I still maintain the 3rd goal was worse. Really he needs to stop both shots depleted D corps or not...at least he took the high road and shouldered the blame I guess...He needs to have a BIG bounce back game asap. I hope Sully puts him right back in tonight to make amends...without him on top of his game we are finished imo...

I don't think too many will dispute the back breaker was the Voracek goal to force OT, but MM still (as you mention) still has to find a way to keep a shot he touches out of the net, especially in a critical stage of the game

One more thing...I want Gud to beat the absolute begeezus out of either Dubinsky or Jenner tonight...at least one of the pair. If he grabs Torts by the hair and smashes his pinhead off the glass / dasher boards that'd be a bonus...but pretty cool to see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If he's simply out there to stand in cement then he's of no use for me...

I thought I read earler today that Gud will not dress tonight owing to immigration issues......hope I'm wrong about that.

I don't think too many will dispute the back breaker was the Voracek goal to force OT, but MM still (as you mention) still has to find a way to keep a shot he touches out of the net, especially in a critical stage of the game

I thought I read earler today that Gud will not dress tonight owing to immigration issues......hope I'm wrong about that.

everytime I hear immigration issues in hockey i think of bob probert.

my wife is still adjusting to my parents house. for some reason they have doors that go outside and doors inside this house that lock behind you. just had to go let the wife out of the basement. I let her scream for a bit before I let her out though.

my wife is still adjusting to my parents house. for some reason they have doors that go outside and doors inside this house that lock behind you. just had to go let the wife out of the basement. I let her scream for a bit before I let her out though.
[roll] well mine is a real piece of work last few days, so maybe I should lock her in my basement for awhile! McCann!!!! Great shot

Reactions: Irwineer2
I think that was one of the better 1sts we've seen by the Guins in awhile......and nice to see the other goaltender miss the long ranger (though it appeared to be deflected).

He found his glove there vs Duchesne. ...then Dzingel tries it then Jenner all in a collective minute...they are keying on it huge. We need a goal quick here boys...quell this rebellion...

how the hell do you take a penalty in the offensive zone in the last 10 seconds of a period?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT