ADVERTISEMENT

Pens --- FEB 2019

He can say whatever the heck he wants...we saw the effort, some nights yes most nights no. What about 66? Is was he an aswipe? Super Duper? No way...and the wifey here better like 'her role' btw :wink:

66 was indoctrinated and is a yinzer now.

Reactions: torontoeers
66 was indoctrinated and is a yinzer now.
Speaking of....what's he been in PA now 30 years? One thing I notice bout him is he still can't lose that more gutteral Quebecois accent no matter what (The Parisian French is far more attractive imo...living with that Que group here and there)....when was the last time he spent more than a day in Montreal? Tells me it's a hard accent to lose. Ya listen to half of these Swedes when they come over (Lidstrom) and after 3 or 4 years they talkin like a Canuck or Yank?

Speaking of....what's he been in PA now 30 years? One thing I notice bout him is he still can't lose that more gutteral Quebecois accent no matter what (The Parisian French is far more attractive imo...living with that Que group here and there)....when was the last time he spent more than a day in Montreal? Tells me it's a hard accent to lose. Ya listen to half of these Swedes when they come over (Lidstrom) and after 3 or 4 years they talkin like a Canuck or Yank?

I was good friends with a swede who was studying at wvu when I was in school. I saw him two years ago for the first time in nearly two decades and he still sounded like an american after returning to sweden. his two children who were under ten both spoke some english. impressive actually.

I was good friends with a swede who was studying at wvu when I was in school. I saw him two years ago for the first time in nearly two decades and he still sounded like an american after returning to sweden. his two children who were under ten both spoke some english. impressive actually.
What was your major out of curiousity? And what do you do now if you don't mind my query? You mentioned the schools in the past....

[roll].....sounds similar however likely more interesting than my travels, graduate here, move to this, move to that, eventually make money!!!

I spent over 7 years in morgantown to go into education, probably a lot more interesting. but here goes. I got a sport management degree from wvu and worked in minor league baseball for a year. returned to wvu to pursue a career where I actually worked in sports (teaching and coaching) got the degrees and moved back to pittsburgh. now I'm an administrator, but I still coach hs baseball. just can't get it out of my blood. I stopped coaching hockey years ago due to crazy parents.

I spent over 7 years in morgantown to go into education, probably a lot more interesting. but here goes. I got a sport management degree from wvu and worked in minor league baseball for a year. returned to wvu to pursue a career where I actually worked in sports (teaching and coaching) got the degrees and moved back to pittsburgh. now I'm an administrator, but I still coach hs baseball. just can't get it out of my blood. I stopped coaching hockey years ago due to crazy parents.
I hear you on the hockey parents...every one of em has an nhl'er from their blood...and they get downright violent (up here anyway) to defend such...baseball head eh? That's cool...My two bro in laws (twins) are total baseball played it all their lives. Basketball for them too. I am the hockey/football antithesis to that...
Not that you or anyone else asked lol but...
I graduated Forestry here, with the intention of being Ranger Rick...little did I realize that in 94 (recession) there would be little opportunity to even start seasonal. I fell into Plumbing with my pops for his bath reno co for 2 or 3 years after that, then got into Telecom industry through a friend for a few years, same company had an electrical division, started my apprenticeship for 5 years and now an electrical foreman for almost 15 years , my projects are all largely downtown TO parks etc on the waterfront. Life has had it's twists and turns here but steady over the last decade....goal is retire and screw about with stuff at 52 in 6 years. I think I can do it...we are responsible with our coin thank goodness...usually lol.

I hear you on the hockey parents...every one of em has an nhl'er from their blood...and they get downright violent (up here anyway) to defend such...baseball head eh? That's cool...My two bro in laws (twins) are total baseball played it all their lives. Basketball for them too. I am the hockey/football antithesis to that...
Not that you or anyone else asked lol but...
I graduated Forestry here, with the intention of being Ranger Rick...little did I realize that in 94 (recession) there would be little opportunity to even start seasonal. I fell into Plumbing with my pops for his bath reno co for 2 or 3 years after that, then got into Telecom industry through a friend for a few years, same company had an electrical division, started my apprenticeship for 5 years and now an electrical foreman for almost 15 years , my projects are all largely downtown TO parks etc on the waterfront. Life has had it's twists and turns here but steady over the last decade....goal is retire and screw about with stuff at 52 in 6 years. I think I can do it...we are responsible with our coin thank goodness...usually lol.

I got to wvu in 95. sounds like interesting work, unlike the crap I deal with daily...

3/4 full...coulda got a lower for about 20 bucks before gametime...not sure I'd wanna watch this live though...

SOP in Sunrise......probably the easiest ticket to buy in the League (though, I assume Arizona is close).

What in the **** was 81 doin????

Almost 21 minutes TOI last night, and a grand total of one (1) SOG.......how is that possible ?? I mean, it's not like the Panthers are Preds-quality on the blue line.

Meanwhile, Sid has two (2) SOG in almost a full 22 minutes TOI. FWIW, Horndog and Letang led with five (5) SOG each, while McCann, Jake, and Wilson (!!) finished with three each. And BTW, Brassard, was -2 last night.

One last thing; anyone seen Nick Bjugstad ??

SOP in Sunrise......probably the easiest ticket to buy in the League (though, I assume Arizona is close).

Almost 21 minutes TOI last night, and a grand total of one (1) SOG.......how is that possible ?? I mean, it's not like the Panthers are Preds-quality on the blue line.

Meanwhile, Sid has two (2) SOG in almost a full 22 minutes TOI. FWIW, Horndog and Letang led with five (5) SOG each, while McCann, Jake, and Wilson (!!) finished with three each. And BTW, Brassard, was -2 last night.

One last thing; anyone seen Nick Bjugstad ??

perhaps he doesn't like his role either...

So I see Geno is now official on IR? Will they all continue to feel sorry for themselves or will they buck up and give 60 minutes of EFFORT? Sid (and Sully) it's on you to create more production however you do it...or shall I say leadership....go smack 81 in his mind for starters and tell him to SHOOT the laser for a change...

Here on Saturday morning, it appears.......regarding tonight in Tampa......it might be YES for Murray, and still NO for Geno and Schultzie.

So....been a rough day or two around here...
My buddy and neighbour was seriously injured in an accident and airlifted to downtown TO last night. He has 2 broken legs a broken elbow, other arm broken, 2 broken ribs and forehead cut wide open. We still aren't sure how it happened but this is a sometimes dangerous road... chatting with him Thurs eve he was supposed to be in a hockey tourney this wknd and is now laid up in some pretty serious pain. Heart is strong , spine intact they are saying which is good. However he is a stone mason so will have a long recovery to get back to that...
He's also a Leafer with plenty of banter back and forth between us...normally I do not root for their success, tonight I do.
https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...=twitter&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
Here he is at Coopers Rock with us back in Nov...I'm not a religious guy really, but if you are, send my bud some love.
08kTMilr.jpg

My buddy and neighbour was seriously injured in an accident and airlifted to downtown TO last night. He has 2 broken legs a broken elbow, other arm broken, 2 broken ribs and forehead cut wide open. We still aren't sure how it happened but this is a sometimes dangerous road... chatting with him Thurs eve he was supposed to be in a hockey tourney this wknd and is now laid up in some pretty serious pain. Heart is strong , spine intact they are saying which is good. However he is a stone mason so will have a long recovery to get back to that...
He's also a Leafer with plenty of banter back and forth between us...normally I do not root for their success, tonight I do.
https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...=twitter&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
Here he is at Coopers Rock with us back in Nov...I'm not a religious guy really, but if you are, send my bud some love.

Man, pretty serious injuries......but if he roots for the Leaves, probably deserved it (j/k).......bad jokes aside, hope he gets some improving medical news in the next week.

Meanwhile, even after giving up 19 SOG, Guins deserved better than a 1-2 deficit after one. Thought DeSmith played a VERY solid period, even though too much of the game WAS played in the Pens end.

Bolts are clearly a better (and certainly much bigger) team, but I never feel like the Pens are intimidated when these two teams play. Unfortunately, it's a game like this where they REALLY need Geno.

08kTMilr.jpg

I hate hearing stuff like this. I hope your buddy pulls through.

Man, pretty serious injuries......but if he roots for the Leaves, probably deserved it (j/k).......bad jokes aside, hope he gets some improving medical news in the next week.

Meanwhile, even after giving up 19 SOG, Guins deserved better than a 1-2 deficit after one. Thought DeSmith played a VERY solid period, even though too much of the game WAS played in the Pens end.

Bolts are clearly a better (and certainly much bigger) team, but I never feel like the Pens are intimidated when these two teams play. Unfortunately, it's a game like this where they REALLY need Geno.
I saw yesterday how they are now the playoff draw....I don't mind that whatsoever 'ceptin the fact that we are in the LAST slot...barely..... thanks for your good thoughts btw sir...

Sid coulda drilled you right there Johnson and didn't...yet you wanna keep up the bs with the push on the way to the box...Sid shoulda drilled ya while vulnerable is what that tells me...

Reactions: COOL MAN
I think one of the Guins' best periods of the year.....no backing down to the bigger, more aggressive opponent, and a great job taking advantage of their chances. If they can keep it tied in the 3rd, this is setting up for a dirty Horndog streak-breaker/game-winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT