ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- April 2017

According to ESPN stats, hits after 2 periods are even at 22-22. SOG are Pens 30-22.

Former BJ's GM MacLean (yes i DO love his take pretty much always), is positively gushing over that Pens performance in the second, particularly Sid and Rusty...but then he is an East coaster so i am not surprised...he is also throwing Bob under the bus....

I don't know how much of a Blojax fan Doug MacLean is these days; he got run out of town fairly aggressively. Something tells me he's no John Davidson fan.....

Classic Dubinsky, thinks he can do anything with his stick.......well, what he can do is get his ass to the box for the next two. Perfect penalty on which to score a PP goal and take the lead....

Reactions: torontoeers
Good play by Dubinsky, still doesn't detract from the fact he's one of the 3 biggest dicks in the League.

I worry the Pens have slowed down while the Blojax may have found their second wind.....

Unfortunately, the Blojax cashed in on about their only really good scoring chance of the 3rd period, while the Pens had about 5x that many,

I had a beer or 2 in the late afternoon at puck drop on a beautiful day outside after a pretty busy day...then i moved to some wine...I am on my third at dark...yikes! I gotta work tomorrow...get it done already lads!!!

Jake beats Bob on the short side from 15' away........not a good one to give up.

Thanks, Bob !!

Hey t, we can't be doing this every damned playoff game......our wives are going to think we're having an "interlude" [banana][jumpingsmile]:eek::rolleyes:[cheers]

Hey t, we can't be doing this every damned playoff game......our wives are going to think we're having an "interlude" [banana][jumpingsmile]:eek::rolleyes:[cheers]
LMFAO...Happy Easter ladies! Too much hockey, and too much fun when our guys are in it to win it! I was really impressed from the late first on as you mention them coming on finally.....funny enough she is right there beside me 'who are you talking to?'....COOLMAN It's all good lol...

I watched the 1st in my Family Room; then I left to do a couple things......and by the time I came back, my wife had changed the channel. So, I grabbed my beer and went down to my office in the basement, and hoped for better luck.......and friggin' GOT IT !!!!

Standby; Torts' post-gamer coming up.......

He's pissed off; refused to answer one reporter's question. At least he didn't make any excuses about the Werenski injury other than saying he's their best player......which I'm not sure I disagree.

To close out the evening; how about this spectacular stat line from the great Boone Jenner.......20:47, 0/0/0, 1 SOG, 0 Hits :flush:

He's pissed off; refused to answer one reporter's question. At least he didn't make any excuses about the Werenski injury other than saying he's their best player......which I'm not sure I disagree.

To close out the evening; how about this spectacular stat line from the great Boone Jenner.......20:47, 0/0/0, 1 SOG, 0 Hits :flush:
Oh you hit me right in the heart with that less than stellar breakdown right there! ANYTIME I hear of that particular Ex Gen/ Blow Jacket goof suitably being shut out? Well....oh my...what a night!!! Although i am disappointed the illustriuous leader didnt lose his shit lol....
The dagger has been inserted and twisted...now remove it in game 4 and let them BLEED OUT as they should !!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh you hit me right in the heart with that less than stellar breakdown right there! ANYTIME I hear of that particular Ex Gen/ Blow Jacket goof suitably being shut out? Well....oh my...what a night!!! Although i am disappointed the illustriuous leader didnt lose his shit lol....
The dagger has been inserted and twisted...now remove it in game 4 and let them BLEED OUT as they should !!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Pens came out flat footed but laid down the law after the 1st period.

Pens came out flat footed but laid down the law after the 1st period.
As seems to ALWAYS be the case....I dont know WTF is said or happens in that locker room after the first but i'd love to be a fly on the wall! It is to the point that I'm honestly not worried about wtf they do in the first, so long as their is a second period! Bizarre.....

As seems to ALWAYS be the case....I dont know WTF is said or happens in that locker room after the first but i'd love to be a fly on the wall! It is to the point that I'm honestly not worried about wtf they do in the first, so long as their is a second period! Bizarre.....
Pens look to good for the jackets. I think they know they can press this team when they want.

A couple morning-after tidbits:

--Rusty's 2nd goal was later awarded to Geno, after it was determined Geno's assist pass actually hit a Blojax D-man and went in.

--Flower stopped 31 of the Blojax last 32 shots

--Don't expect a single favorable PERSONAL word about the Pens from anyone associated with the Blojax, even if the Pens close them out tomorrow night by ass-kick shutout (which I myself am not saying I expect) . All Torts could grudgingly admit, on Sid's dominant play leading to JG's game winner,
was that while the Pens had some "extended possession time", the play was "defensible".

--And neither Foligno nor Dubinsky said anymore. As Captain, I recognize Foligno has to wear the positive public face and make the right noises. But all this "we've got a great opportunity in Game 4" bullshit he was trowling out in the post game made him look downright stupid.

But speaking only for myself, there's little in NHL hockey......aside a Cup win......I myself find more purely satisfying than seeing Torts and Duby downright choke on the Pens (and better yet, Sid).

Im kinda nervous about the Preds game tonight. I am pleasantly surprised about the performance in chicago. It will be interesting to see how a change in venue affects the series.

Im kinda nervous about the Preds game tonight. I am pleasantly surprised about the performance in chicago. It will be interesting to see how a change in venue affects the series.

Preds fans have every reason to be excited over the possibility of finishing off the Hawks at home; and they are a good home team when the crowd is revved up.

The bigger problem.....much like Washington heading to Toronto tonight.....is that the Hawks are good enough to win both games in Smashville and return home this weekend with the series tied. What therefore makes this game even more intriguing is that most everyone is assuming Chicago will win tonight.

Of course, if Rinne keeps pitching shutouts, then that's presumably a good sign for the Preds [smoke] I admit he hasn't impressed me much the past couple seasons, so maybe this old Pekka has returned and is prepared to carry his team in a manner commensurate with the salary he's being paid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT