ADVERTISEMENT

PENS 2021 Season!!

I got my wish! Hextall as GM. Oh how glorious it would be if he could lead Pens to Stanley Cup. Flyers fans would be incensed lmao

• Sad
Reactions: torontoeers

Friedman (and Frank Serravalli) said to be reporting that the team is foregoing the 2nd round of interivews with other candidates, and Hextall is now in formal negotations for the job.

It's fun to see Friedman and LeBrun (and MacKenzie, I guess) compete with one another to break stories......from what I can tell from a distance, all are viewed within the League as legitimate pros, and "sources" seem pretty comfortable confiding in each of them.

Assuming Hextall is offered (and accepts) the GM job, it'll be interesting to see if the team still moves forward with a Director of Hockey Ops.......which I still think might well be this Rizzo guy from CAA.

Will also be interesting to see what happens with Allvin.....who I personally question if Hextall would be interested in keeping him on-Staff (at least with an Assistant GM title).

What the hell do I know........but does Hextall strike you as the kind of guy who'd accept the job while agreeing to the Team's current goal of "re-tooling" around Sid, Geno, and Letang ?? Maybe he admits at his introductory PC to loving those three guys like his wife; still, I find it hard to believe he'd take the job with one arm (if not more) tied behind his back in this way.

From what I can tell, most of this recent "re-tooling" talk originated publically with Dave Morehouse (rather than Mario). That having been said, I'll be interested to see if a Hextall hire is eventually accompanied by a Morehouse resignation.......and who knows, maybe this Rizzo guy will prove to be a candidate to replace Morehouse.

Reactions: Casey Ryback
Jerky Burky coming in as DHO ??

T will go absolutely bananas when he hears this one.......forget any theory I had about Hextall not going along with a re-tool around Sid, Geno, and Letang :rolleyes:

While (like most folks) I try and figure this all out......and regarding all my previous theories, never mind :rolleyes: .......is it possible that Burky focuses on Mario and Morehouse's "re-tool around the Big 3" for the next couple years while Hexy focuses largely/exclusively on the greater organizaional future rebuild ??

Jerky Burky coming in as DHO ??

T will go absolutely bananas when he hears this one.......forget any theory I had about Hextall not going along with a re-tool around Sid, Geno, and Letang :rolleyes:
I am having a really bad day all of a sudden.... F ALL THIS NOISE! G DAMNIT. I need to go take a cold shower. **** you Mario.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Pens are saying simply that Hexy will run day-to-day hockey Ops, reporting to Burky.

Guess we'll hear soon enough, but I can't figure out exactly why the team needs Burky as Hexy's direct up-line.......unless they want to ensure that Morehouse remains strictly business-related, and has no access whatsoever to the on-ice aspect of the franchise (which I don't think he had with JR on staff).

Pens are saying simply that Hexy will run day-to-day hockey Ops, reporting to Burky.

Guess we'll hear soon enough, but I can't figure out exactly why the team needs Burky as Hexy's direct up-line.......unless they want to ensure that Morehouse remains strictly business-related, and has no access whatsoever to the on-ice aspect of the franchise (which I don't think he had with JR on staff).
We dont want Jerkie anywhere near the on ice dealings. So makes total sense .... sigh.
zX2eEto.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN
I have to admit, after I faced reality and started listening to people talk about burke and hextall, I liked what I heard.

burke is going to shake things up.

I'm sure he already hates letang. I may get my wish.

I have to admit, after I faced reality and started listening to people talk about burke and hextall, I liked what I heard.

burke is going to shake things up.

I'm sure he already hates letang. I may get my wish.
You didn't hear things clearly or were listening to the old boys club which is what you WANT to hear. Either or, we're ****ed. Trust me. Wtf has either of these two chumps EVER won? Oh ya there was that Anaheim roster handed to the blowhard from Murray and he made 2 signs with cap room....what else? What in the **** has that clown shoes Hextall ever won? Tell me....I know you like the 'tough guys' this guy ain't tough, he's a sneaky little bitch. Always has been. Our BITCH GM. I wish nothing but pain upon these two. I'm kinda vindictive that way. So I'll just sit back and laugh for the next few years....I guess I've been clear. 🙃

You didn't hear things clearly or were listening to the old boys club which is what you WANT to hear. Either or, we're ****ed. Trust me. Wtf has either of these two chumps EVER won? Oh ya there was that Anaheim roster handed to the blowhard from Murray and he made 2 signs with cap room....what else? What in the **** has that clown shoes Hextall ever won? Tell me....I know you like the 'tough guys' this guy ain't tough, he's a sneaky little bitch. Always has been. Our BITCH GM. I wish nothing but pain upon these two. I'm kinda vindictive that way. So I'll just sit back and laugh for the next few years....I guess I've been clear. 🙃

lets see what happens. I'm all for change.

I bet you got beat up a lot.

I did want Kevin Weekes hired as Assistant GM, I think he could be good GM but needs some years of experience

Yes, me too... not like this. NEWER blood...As I say these two bitches aren't bringing 'tough' they bring stupid. This will be an unmitigated disaster. Just my thoughts, take them as you will.

how could it possibly get any worse?

an aging lineup that doesn't listen, absolutely no goaltending, very little young talent, no draft picks... etc...

24 hours later, no new changes to the Pens front office.....

DK confirming today that Hexy will indeed report to Burky, and Burky to Morehouse.....but that Hexy is expected to be the lead with respect to building the actual team, both short and long term. He also said bringing Burky aboard was all Mario's decision, and that Burky's position was created solely for him. The implication is that Burky's presence is more about the man than it is about his new position within the franchise.

Why Mario was so focused on Burky specifically is yet to be determined, but I think most expect him to be the face of the franchise (while Hexy works more behind the scenes). DK believes this was all about Mario deciding that what was currently going on wasn't working; and that while Mario didn't force JR out, he had every ability to extend JR but chose not to do it. In other words, JR's departure may well have been more about Mario than Morehouse.

Meanwhile, sounds like nobody has any idea what Sully's future really is, aside the fact he's stil got 3 years to go on his deal. One thing I myself will be watching from a distance is how do the Big 3.......but, Sid especially......take to their new bosses. Of course, maybe Sid doesn't give a shit about Burky and Hexy; perhaps he only views Mario to be his boss.

24 hours later, no new changes to the Pens front office.....

DK confirming today that Hexy will indeed report to Burky, and Burky to Morehouse.....but that Hexy is expected to be the lead with respect to building the actual team, both short and long term. He also said bringing Burky aboard was all Mario's decision, and that Burky's position was created solely for him. The implication is that Burky's presence is more about the man than it is about his new position within the franchise.

Why Mario was so focused on Burky specifically is yet to be determined, but I think most expect him to be the face of the franchise (while Hexy works more behind the scenes). DK believes this was all about Mario deciding that what was currently going on wasn't working; and that while Mario didn't force JR out, he had every ability to extend JR but chose not to do it. In other words, JR's departure may well have been more about Mario than Morehouse.

Meanwhile, sounds like nobody has any idea what Sully's future really is, aside the fact he's stil got 3 years to go on his deal. One thing I myself will be watching from a distance is how do the Big 3.......but, Sid especially......take to their new bosses. Of course, maybe Sid doesn't give a shit about Burky and Hexy; perhaps he only views Mario to be his boss.
Sid doesn't bow to a couple of meatheads guaranteed, he has class. Especially ones that win nothing....so ya Mario is his boss. Which makes me wonder if he was even consulted. Well I'd guess he was in some manner or another.

Anyway, checking out for quite awhile gents. Not changing my mind. I know this horror movie already. Debbie Downer is not wanted , nor will I bring it any longer. Enjoy the 'truculence' I guess. Be well all, see ya over some Mountaineer chatter here or there....over and out.

Last edited:
Sid doesn't bow to a couple of meatheads guaranteed, he has class. Especially ones that win nothing....so ya Mario is his boss. Which makes me wonder if he was even consulted. Well I'd guess he was in some manner or another.

Anyway, checking out for quite awhile gents. Not changing my mind. I know this horror movie already. Debbie Downer is not wanted , nor will I bring it any longer. Enjoy the 'truculence' I guess. Be well all, see ya over some Mountaineer chatter here or there....over and out.

Maybe that's for the better; if you're truly against what's happening in the Paint Can, then no reason to stay involved if you're only going look for reasons to be angry. I mean, couples pledge their eternal love and devotion to one another on their wedding days......and look what happens to 50% of them.

Things like this have happened to me before; not so much surrounding teams, but (for example) around PGA pros. I rooted and rooted for players who did nothing (for one reason or another) but disappoint me; so I finally decided to check out of their grandstands permanently. And, I was better for it.

Anyway, be safe and hopefully happy(er).....take care of the pup (not sure if you replaced the one you lost recently yet).......be sure to keep that Panasonic SBA scoreboard in one piece.........and still check back in periodically.

see ya later canuck. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe that's for the better; if you're truly against what's happening in the Paint Can, then no reason to stay involved if you're only going look for reasons to be angry. I mean, couples pledge their eternal love and devotion to one another on their wedding days......and look what happens to 50% of them.

Things like this have happened to me before; not so much surrounding teams, but (for example) around PGA pros. I rooted and rooted for players who did nothing (for one reason or another) but disappoint me; so I finally decided to check out of their grandstands permanently. And, I was better for it.

Anyway, be safe and hopefully happy(er).....take care of the pup (not sure if you replaced the one you lost recently yet).......be sure to keep that Panasonic SBA scoreboard in one piece.........and still check back in periodically.
I like some Pitt players. Fitzgerald, Donald , Conner, etc. I like Ovechkin despite hating Capitals. That stuff don’t bother me

Didn't see it live.....only on replay.....but he definitely launched that sumbitch. And Sid sure turned Varly to stone on that SO backhander. At this point, take the 2 points anyway you can get 'em.
All the maf rumors this morning have already ruined my weekend

All the maf rumors this morning have already ruined my weekend

I know the story is some kind of three-way deal, which includes someone to eat the cap dollars in exchange for future assets. Still, I just can't see it happening when the runner meets the road......and that's before the fact that Fleury is VGK's best goaltender right now by some distance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT