ADVERTISEMENT

Low information fans not happy - Dana's contract extension imminent.

wbgvwbgv

All-Conference
Nov 19, 2001

MORGANTOWN, W.Va.
— As the anticipated addition of Joe Wickline forebodes an end to Dana Holgorsen’s year without an offensive coordinator, West Virginia athletics director Shane Lyons said he hasn’t dictated any football staff changes as part of Holgorsen’s contract negotiations.

“I don’t want to be a micromanager as an athletic director or as an administrator, saying this is who you have to hire,” Lyons told MetroNews. “My job as an athletic director is to hire the head coach, and from there, they’re responsible for putting a staff together to build around their strengths.”

For Lyons, beginning his second year as the Mountaineers’ AD, the December decision to retain Holgorsen for 2016 was the first overtly public managerial decision. This week came the news West Virginia won’t renew the expiring contracts of safeties coach Joe DeForest and defensive line coach Damon Cogdell.

“Sometimes there are adjustments and (head coaches) need to make changes, and that’s what Dana has worked through the last couple weeks with his staff,” Lyons said. “We’re in communication but I’m not dictating or saying ‘Go hire this person.’

“Ultimately, it’s his job to hire his assistants and put people around him that make this program better.”

The expiration date on Holgorsen’s deal, which ends after the 2017 season, has become a priority topic as extension talks unfold. Coaches and their agents contend lengthy contracts are necessary to stabilize recruiting, yet reading between the lines on Lyons’ philosophy, it appears WVU will be cautious with Holgorsen, perhaps offering a salary-neutral two-year rollover with a buyout attached.

. . . . . .

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/01/13/west-virginia-ad-lyons-not-dictating-staff-moves-to-holgorsen/

It will be another sad day on our idiot board when Holgorsen gets his contract extension proving once again how little the trolls and low information fans know about our football program.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER

MORGANTOWN, W.Va.
— As the anticipated addition of Joe Wickline forebodes an end to Dana Holgorsen’s year without an offensive coordinator, West Virginia athletics director Shane Lyons said he hasn’t dictated any football staff changes as part of Holgorsen’s contract negotiations.

“I don’t want to be a micromanager as an athletic director or as an administrator, saying this is who you have to hire,” Lyons told MetroNews. “My job as an athletic director is to hire the head coach, and from there, they’re responsible for putting a staff together to build around their strengths.”

For Lyons, beginning his second year as the Mountaineers’ AD, the December decision to retain Holgorsen for 2016 was the first overtly public managerial decision. This week came the news West Virginia won’t renew the expiring contracts of safeties coach Joe DeForest and defensive line coach Damon Cogdell.

“Sometimes there are adjustments and (head coaches) need to make changes, and that’s what Dana has worked through the last couple weeks with his staff,” Lyons said. “We’re in communication but I’m not dictating or saying ‘Go hire this person.’

“Ultimately, it’s his job to hire his assistants and put people around him that make this program better.”

The expiration date on Holgorsen’s deal, which ends after the 2017 season, has become a priority topic as extension talks unfold. Coaches and their agents contend lengthy contracts are necessary to stabilize recruiting, yet reading between the lines on Lyons’ philosophy, it appears WVU will be cautious with Holgorsen, perhaps offering a salary-neutral two-year rollover with a buyout attached.

. . . . . .

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/01/13/west-virginia-ad-lyons-not-dictating-staff-moves-to-holgorsen/

It will be another sad day on our idiot board when Holgorsen gets his contract extension proving once again how little the trolls and low information fans know about our football program.
I think it's time for you to move on. All you do is attack everyone here so you obviously need to hang out with more knowledgeable fans.

Also don't copy and paste full articles from other places, especially those lacking in facts.

I think it's time for you to move on. All you do is attack everyone here so you obviously need to hang out with more knowledgeable fans.

Also don't copy and paste full articles from other places, especially those lacking in facts.

No problem - every one else has and this is the worst run board on rivals.

Actually this is an excellent board except for the few who continue to insult anyone that doesn't toe the line with their way of thinking. Way to go Vernon and thanks for the board.

200.gif

Reactions: Pushingtin

kudos to vernon! not that i post a lot, but when i do i try not to be abrasive and respect other opinions. i think that is the spirit of message boards, to view different opinions and see things from a different perspective. i can't say the same for wbgvwbgv...its either you see eye to eye with him/her or he calls you names or ridicules your post.

kudos to vernon! not that i post a lot, but when i do i try not to be abrasive and respect other opinions. i think that is the spirit of message boards, to view different opinions and see things from a different perspective. i can't say the same for wbgvwbgv...its either you see eye to eye with him/her or he calls you names or ridicules your post.
It was time for that to end. I have no idea why some people get so worked up because others don't share their opinions. I don't expect everyone to get along all of the time but you can disagree respectfully, just as you said.

While I agree with that guy in principle a good amount, he was the biggest drag on here in the last 3-4 years. Good riddnens.

Notice he had to go out with one last insult. Unreal.
:chairshot:

It was time for that to end. I have no idea why some people get so worked up because others don't share their opinions. I don't expect everyone to get along all of the time but you can disagree respectfully, just as you said.
Vernon thank you. You have more patience than I do. I enjoy the banter back and forth and different opinions from other posters but that was just getting out of hand. Sad part is wbgvwbgv was actually a pretty good poster but the low information fans and fans comments were just sad. And to be a West Virginian and to constantly attack posters with pictures of people dressed as hillbilly's was just pathetic and sophomoric. I always have enjoyed this board and you guys do a fantastic job.
Again, thank you.

Took a hiatus for a few months because of stuff like this.

moving on...as to the part of the thread relating to WVU sports, the Metro News article states:
WVU will be cautious with Holgorsen, perhaps offering a salary-neutral two-year rollover with a buyout attached.

salary-neutral rollover with a newly inserted buyout attached is hardly the same as typical extensions coaches get elsewhere. if this is true & accurate, it is the only thing WVU can do & is wiser than getting married to Dana for more guaranteed money over many years to come. it's like renting rather than buying.

obviously it gives:

1 Deserved or not, Dana one more chance to prove he can win in the BXII. you all already know the conference record.
2 Stability in recruiting pitches.
3 A reduced-cost exit strategy.

2015 to me should've been the do or die year, but with the actions, not words, being taken in the contract dealings, Dana now knows 2016 will be the finale unless more winning occurs. If not, WVU may now have a financially appropriate way out of the mess.

moving on...as to the part of the thread relating to WVU sports, the Metro News article states:
WVU will be cautious with Holgorsen, perhaps offering a salary-neutral two-year rollover with a buyout attached.

salary-neutral rollover with a newly inserted buyout attached is hardly the same as typical extensions coaches get elsewhere. if this is true & accurate, it is the only thing WVU can do & is wiser than getting married to Dana for more guaranteed money over many years to come. it's like renting rather than buying.

obviously it gives:

1 Deserved or not, Dana one more chance to prove he can win in the BXII. you all already know the conference record.

2015 to me should've been the do or die year, but with the actions, not words, being taken in the contract dealings, Dana now knows 2016 will be the finale unless more winning occurs. If not, WVU may now have a financially appropriate way out of the mess.

i also think 2015 was the year to make a move. i think the roster, particularly the defense, was in place to at least compete for a b12 championship. we simply were a coach and quarterback coach away.

an "extension" the sensible thing to do. lyons will create the illusion of security, but next year is the last chance.

He's a real Low Information man,
Sitting in his Low Information Land,
Making all his Low Information posts
for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like trolls and mis information posters

Low Information Man please listen,
You don't know what you're missing,
Low Information Man,the message board is at your command!

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Low Information Man can you see me at all?

Low Information Man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all till somebody else
lends you a hand!

Isn't he a bit like trolls and mis Information posters

you don't know what you're missing
Low Information Man, the message board is at your command!

He's a real Low information Man,
for nobody.
Making all his Low Information Posts
for nobody.
for nobody!

obviously it gives:

Well let me say welcome back press...your return and the OP's departure is a trade I'll take any day....

And thank you V....this fella's act was growing tired for certain. Good debate is always fun ...and his posts were entirely one way to the extreme and loaded with backhanded insult....uncalled for....

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
I'm not a fan of banishment.. ..but he was pushing V's buttons (I guess).

He was really just a nuisance imo...pumping one fellas tires day after day after day...meanwhile, he couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag...

I think the "low information fan" thing is pretty much played. But in my opinion, that phrase didn't accurately reflect the situation anyway. We have posters that come onto the board day after day, but rarely, if ever have anything positive to say about the coaches, players, or administration. I my opinion, it's less likely those fellows are lacking in information and more likely they aren't WVU fans at all. Regardless, I've activated the ignore feature for most of the consistently negative posters and the board experience is now much more enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to the OU game today and starting to believe that the Mountaineers aren't just a very good team, they may be a great team. They are certainly a fun team to watch, despite the best efforts of the refs in many games.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va.

. . . . . .

Give it a freaking rest, I for one am happy Holgs is getting an extension, but your garbage post are still tiresome and an obvious attempt to get attention to what must be a very sad life.

He's a real Low Information man,
for nobody.

Isn't he a bit like trolls and mis information posters

You don't know what you're missing,
Low Information Man,the message board is at your command!

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Low Information Man can you see me at all?

Low Information Man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all till somebody else
lends you a hand!

Isn't he a bit like trolls and mis Information posters

you don't know what you're missing
Low Information Man, the message board is at your command!

He's a real Low information Man,
for nobody.
Making all his Low Information Posts
for nobody.
for nobody!
Best post of the young year

I think the "low information fan" thing is pretty much played. But in my opinion, that phrase didn't accurately reflect the situation anyway. We have posters that come onto the board day after day, but rarely, if ever have anything positive to say about the coaches, players, or administration. I my opinion, it's less likely those fellows are lacking in information and more likely they aren't WVU fans at all. Regardless, I've activated the ignore feature for most of the consistently negative posters and the board experience is now much more enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to the OU game today and starting to believe that the Mountaineers aren't just a very good team, they may be a great team. They are certainly a fun team to watch, despite the best efforts of the refs in many games.

TorontoEERs......................I like the way you talk. This Mountaineer team is very good and play great at times. I reserve the 'great' talk for one simple reason. They go to the basket with the inside game strong enough but don't convert with high percentage. Huggins needs to tell the bigs to DUNK the dadgum ball from the foul line on in to the bucket. I always did!

Reactions: torontoeers

Saying someone is not a fan Just because they disagrees with your opinion is not much better than calling them low information. Right or wrong they are most likely people that want a different direction for the program.

Reactions: wvpaper

Amen, Vernon!

You will fit it much better on the other board,with the other trolls. Vernon's board is far superior, and without people like you constantly trolling, there will be a lot better discussion, between actual WVU fans. I appreciate that Vernon lets us speak our mind, unlike the other board, but your constant stream of personal attacks and trolling has grown tiresome. Don't let the door hit ya...

Saying someone is not a fan Just because they disagrees with your opinion is not much better than calling them low information. Right or wrong they are most likely people that want a different direction for the program.

I agree. But there seem to be posters that are much more active when we lose a game and go silent after a big win. Maybe they are great WVU fans, maybe they aren't. I don't care if they agree with my opinion, just as I don't care if you agree with my opinion.

As long as Holgersen is our coach and appears to be making progress or has reached a level of achievement at which we are consistently winning 9 games or more per season, I'll support him. He will lose my support when WVU administration don't renew his contract. A change of direction can be a change for the worse just as easily as a change for the better. Few on this board seem to consider the first possibility.

Also don't copy and paste full articles from other places, especially those lacking in facts.[/QUOTEhis

This could be the start to a great day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT