ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Brown 's contract extension was stupid.

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
Besides the fact that it will now cost cash starved WVU more to rid themselves of this guy...his results didn't warrant it.

He is 31-29 overall. Whoopie. But take out his Duquesne like opponents and ...
1. He has a .454 winning percentage in the Big 12 (20-24).
2. In conference he has finished tied for 7th twice, tied for 5th, 5th once, and 4th once.
3. He also had a losing record against P5 teams.
4. Losing record against D1 teams.
5. Losing record on the road.
Giving this milk toast guy an extension is just another example of WVU sports settling for mediocrity. Go Mountaineers ...just far enougn.

Brown is a loser no doubt, when it comes to playing decent teams. I heard the new contract lowered his buyout and made it easier to part ways but it seems like that might not be the case. The more I hear, the more that it looks like strike one by Baker.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Brown is a loser no doubt, when it comes to playing decent teams. I heard the new contract lowered his buyout and made it easier to part ways but it seems like that might not be the case. The more I hear, the more that it looks like strike one by Baker.
Idiot Fuck You GIF by Stiller Hahn

Pretty much every coach we have had with maybe the exception of Rod was a loser when it came to playing decent teams. Baker is a pretty astute guy. Giving the guy a one-year extension doesn't change the game all that much. If Brown has a good 2024 campaign, he will most likely get a pretty significant extension.

Pretty much every coach we have had with maybe the exception of Rod was a loser when it came to playing decent teams. Baker is a pretty astute guy. Giving the guy a one-year extension doesn't change the game all that much. If Brown has a good 2024 campaign, he will most likely get a pretty significant extension.
Yeah I dont deny that. Holgerson left a lot to be desired but he was better than Brown has been so far. Brown showed some improvement last season with the help of a weak schedule. I'm not sure if we played the same schedule as we did the year before, that we would've won as many games, even with a talent loaded team. I would never deny Brown really turning it around if he did, but he has a lot to prove still. Last year was more than likely a fluke because of the weak schedule.

We just have to find the right coach and we can be closer to what we were back then. WVU is a very good program that can get a top notch coach if they are willing to pay for one. It doesnt have to be a local like a lot of fans think. This is an excellent job, but if we are only paying lower range salary, then thats what we will get.

Reactions: jerzac
You must be looking in a mirror.
Sometimes I wonder if he's actually Neal Brown. I have never seen someone so butthurt over a shitty coach before. Then he calls people fake fans who want a good coach and the team to be better lol. So weird. And then they have that WVUFF dude, he's like the VGA/BRU gimp or something. They are always starting shit. What a clan....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster
Looky...looky...the Slag Heap Hollow Middle school dropout FakeFanForever has chimed in with another no substance post.
Plenty of substance to it.....you are a full blown dipshit....just like the retarded homophobe that posted above me.

Combined you two twats don't reach the IQ of a jackass. You two are perfect for one another....maybe the homophobe will propose to you.

Plenty of substance to it.....you are a full blown dipshit....just like the retarded homophobe that posted above me.

Combined you two twats don't reach the IQ of a jackass. You two are perfect for one another....maybe the homophobe will propose to you.
If everyone were like you and VGA/BRU, the human species would go extinct and Neal Brown would have a lifetime contract.

If everyone were like you and VGA/BRU, the human species would go extinct and Neal Brown would have a lifetime contract.
With full blown dipshits like you representing the human race, maybe it should.

Got any homophobic jokes for us? Everyone loves those....surly you have a Brokeback Mountain joke or can use a slur like Super Queer.....go ahead...Vern doesnt care.

Yeah I dont deny that. Holgerson left a lot to be desired but he was better than Brown has been so far. Brown showed some improvement last season with the help of a weak schedule. I'm not sure if we played the same schedule as we did the year before, that we would've won as many games, even with a talent loaded team. I would never deny Brown really turning it around if he did, but he has a lot to prove still. Last year was more than likely a fluke because of the weak schedule.

We just have to find the right coach and we can be closer to what we were back then. WVU is a very good program that can get a top notch coach if they are willing to pay for one. It doesnt have to be a local like a lot of fans think. This is an excellent job, but if we are only paying lower range salary, then thats what we will get.
Sorry but I'm tired of hearing that WVU doesn't pay coaches enough to be successful. BS. All these clowns are way, way, way overpaid for pretending to be important because they oversee a bunch of pseudo students playing a children's game.

Reactions: deedoubleyou

You are one tough talking gym class reject aren't you? You are good to make fun of though.

Sorry but I'm tired of hearing that WVU doesn't pay coaches enough to be successful. BS. All these clowns are way, way, way overpaid for pretending to be important because they oversee a bunch of pseudo students playing a children's game.
You are right about that. The salaries are absurd for what these guys do, big time. It really is. The top coaches want an absurd amount of money. Either we pay it though or we take the chances with people like brown who are up and coming. WVU is a very attractive destination even for a top coach. But we would have to pay that absurd amount to get one

You are one tough talking gym class reject aren't you? You are good to make fun of though.
Strange..,we have been laughing at you since day one.

gym class reject? LMAO...typing shit like that is why most on here do laugh at you....you low IQ dipshit.

You are right about that. The salaries are absurd for what these guys do, big time. It really is. The top coaches want an absurd amount of money. Either we pay it though or we take the chances with people like brown who are up and coming. WVU is a very attractive destination even for a top coach. But we would have to pay that absurd amount to get one
And wvu shouldn't do it considering the state of finances at wvu and in the state of wv.

Strange..,we have been laughing at you since day one.

gym class reject? LMAO...typing shit like that is why most on here do laugh at you....you low IQ dipshit.
There you go again little one...throwing yourself on the floor, turning red, and flailing. Your "Depends" is going to get soggy.

There you go again little one...throwing yourself on the floor, turning red, and flailing. Your "Depends" is going to get soggy.
HAHAHA...Depends.....You are truly funny. I mean everyone that read that just busted a gut. How do you keep coming up with these amazing posts....Kudos to you sir....you certainly proved that you aren't a low IQ dipshit with that Depends quip....well done!

HAHAHA...Depends.....You are truly funny. I mean everyone that read that just busted a gut. How do you keep coming up with these amazing posts....Kudos to you sir....you certainly proved that you aren't a low IQ dipshit with that Depends quip....well done!
Look at SQ gettin fard up. That post really bothered you....

I agree with you and have said as much. We opened up the playbook and looked different the 2nd half of the season last year. I think the same about the schedule. We probably have two more losses if we play the B12 schedule of previous years. I’m definitely not sold on Brown but the team did look more explosive the 2nd half of the season, so I was pleased with that. After the last 4 years, one decent season does not win me over. He needs to win again this year and next for that matter. We really shouldn’t have a season with less than 7 victories ever in the new B12 and everybody goes to a bowl practically.

As for the contract, it wasn’t horrible in my eyes. It removes money up front and adds it to the back. It gives both parties an out. Really, nothing changed except perception (I.e. we added a year and are betting we can get out if needed with it). If he wins, we can point to the extension. If he doesn’t, we can point to the door.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT