ADVERTISEMENT

I like the way we profile

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
Gotta say I like the profile of our recruits these last few cycles.

If you go position by position the same measurables jump out for each of our recruits.

Linemen: 6'4"-6'7", long wingspans, athletic, versatile
Linebackers: Quick, aggressive, fast, solid frames (220+) smart, headhunters.
DB's: Tall, rangy, athletic, ballhawks, run stoppers
Skill guys: Fast, game changers, solid open field runners, ball skills, flexible (can run in either the slot or wide) scorers.

It doesn't matter how many stars or even if there are any stars, Coaches appear to have identified typical traits in the kids they're offering, and those traits not surprisingly fit right in with our schemes on both sides of the ball.

I don't think there is any coincidence here. This is a definite recruiting strategy & a pattern we are seeing as Coaches quietly and consistently are building this roster with quality and depth.

Then you consider the intangibles...things that don't always show up on tape but all of these kids appear to have.

Students of the game
High character guys
Natural leaders
Team players
Strong academics
Firm desires to be Mountaineers.

What's not to like about how our Coaches are both evaluating our needs and filling them? They are onto something special here, and I can't wait to see who else they decide we can win with because I firmly believe that once we get all the kids in here we want, winning with them is going to become a regular habit for this program.

Good times.

Reactions: Monroeer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT