ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Guaranteed Rate Bowl: West Virginia football vs. Minnesota

Prediction: Minny 21 WVU 10
Hope: My prediction is wrong.

But regardless, as this is the last game of the season and WVU doesn't play again until we spank the Pitiful Panthers to begin the 2022 season, I am psyched. Bring it on. No pessimism from me. I hope we get some comment-y game thread, although I'll only be able to so do during commercials when I flip over from the TV to my computer.

Let's Go, Mountainneers!

Ok I’m going to bed!!! Hopefully they pull it out!! Go mountaineers!!

-15 yards "rushing" and 6 yards passing. Even the most pessimistic among us wouldn't have thought his 1st quarter would be *THIS* bad.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I count 11 plays and 9 yards for WVU. And the breakdown is, 3 runs for 15 yards and 8 passes or pass dropbacks for -6 yards.

Leddie or no Leddie, maybe we should run the ball more.

I hate to dump on Doege, but he just does not look good back there.

We're lucky it's still 0-0 but that luck is going to run out eventually.

I count 11 plays and 9 yards for WVU. And the breakdown is, 3 runs for 15 yards and 8 passes or pass dropbacks for -6 yards.

Leddie or no Leddie, maybe we should run the ball more.

I hate to dump on Doege, but he just does not look good back there.

We're lucky it's still 0-0 but that luck is going to run out eventually.
He never looks good back there. 1 sack was on the o-line, but he holds the ball forever and has the most deer in the headlights look all of the time. He is dense.

He never looks good back there. 1 sack was on the o-line, but he holds the ball forever and has the most deer in the headlights look all of the time. He is dense.
On the one play, Minnesota was showing a cover zero blitz.....pretty clear......and he takes a normal dropback and almost throws a pick. No audible. Check down. Nope.

So.....we called a timeout when they put their lineman in the backfield.....just to allow the TD that easily. Good use of a TO.

So.....we called a timeout when they put their lineman in the backfield.....just to allow the TD that easily. Good use of a TO.
Considering they're running all over us and they have it 1st and Goal at the 2, why waste a timeout there? They're going to score anyway. Maybe we need the timeout later in the half. We've spent 2 timeouts so far and neither accomplished anything.

We look bad. We simply have to get better on offense next year.

It's not that Doege isn't an All-Conference talent. It's that his deficiencies make everyone else around him have to work extra hard and perform extra well. His cement shoes mobility, zero pocket presence, and horrible decision-making make the o-line's job more difficult that it needs to be. His horrendous passing require the WRs to perform at 150% to make up for for his inadequacies. Being zero threat to beat the D lets opponents pay more attention to everyone else EXCEPT the player in the most important position.

And he almost seems spitefully cocky.

Our OL needs to have their names on the front of their uniforms because they are on their back so much can’t see them.

Reactions: 1duluth1
LOL. Doege in the 2 minute drill around the 1:45 mark actually hunkered down to take a sack and nobody was around him LOL! What an absolute loser.

Then he throws the ball away and almost threw a INT and finally throws one up for grabs for a INT.

Please don’t come back

It's not that Doege isn't an All-Conference talent. It's that his deficiencies make everyone else around him have to work extra hard and perform extra well. His cement shoes mobility, zero pocket presence, and horrible decision-making make the o-line's job more difficult that it needs to be. His horrendous passing require the WRs to perform at 150% to make up for for his inadequacies. Being zero threat to beat the D lets opponents pay more attention to everyone else EXCEPT the player in the most important position.

And he almost seems spitefully cocky.

His deficiencies make everyone else around him have to perform extra well...that's a good way of putting it. Doege does some things really well but there are simply too many others that he does poorly.

If they keep stats on how long after the snap before the QB throws the ball, I bet Doege does poorly when the time gets past a certain time. When he drops back, if he doesn't get rid of it quickly you think, oh no, this isn't going to be a successful play, and usually you're right.

On the plus side tonight, Mathis looks good so losing Leddie next year may not be so bad.

Thought experiment. Would you trade a bowl loss, even an embarrassing one in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl if it ensured Doege would never he considered for the WVU QB position ever again?

If Nicco doesn't play like Brady in camp he's gonna ride the bench all year. It's unreal that kneel refuses pull Doege.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT