ADVERTISEMENT

ACC talk?

You just don’t understand how this works. If WVU was in SEC already there’d be no issue. However you’re talking about their position down the road. You haven’t figured out expansion is all but over and anything else probably won’t include WVU. Honestly you’re super ignorant about what you’re posting about.

No, expansion is not “over”, that’s a hilarious position to take especially when an expansion was just made that has been on the table for atleast a decade. If there is one certainty in CFB, it’s that realignment among CFB’s power conferences for monetary gain will continue in some way shape or form. How you can take the position that I’m “ignorant” when we just saw the SEC expand to 16 is mind blowing. The next round comes whenever the next dominant program from either the B1G, ACC, or even the PAC decides it makes sense to stop buoying the leeches and join the SEC. The SEC’s endgame is without a doubt in my mind to become NFL-lite, choose to agree or disagree with that, but that is what their actions suggest. IMO they have standing invites out to tOSU, UM, PSU, Clemson, FSU, and possibly 2-3 from the PAC, it’s just up to those schools to say yes and blow up the sport. Due to the “TV market” driven expansion of the past that has programs like Clemson making less than Rutgers, it is a ticking time bomb for when those contracts expire and the big players can see what they would get in the SEC.

As for WVU, for whatever reason you seem to think I believe WVU is about to go to the ACC, and it’s just yet another example of you creating arguments to win against nobody. My stance on WVU and the other 11 Big XII programs, is simple. The paths out of the Big XII is to either become so dominant nationally in football that the SEC chooses to add them, or when the SEC poaches it’s next school be appealing enough at that time to be a desirable backfill school to the conference that got poached. As of now WVU is not likely to be a target for anyone, and if anyone is close to being targeted it’s Baylor, and should Cincinnati pull a National title out of its ass, then maybe them.

Last edited:
Not this crap again... Time to shed a little perspective on things.

Everyone knows there is a difference between the Olympics and the Special Olympics. Both hand out medals but, in the grand scheme of things, only one matters and the other is a feel good.

The ACC is the Special Olympics.

To put things in their proper perspective, lets break down a few facts between the B12 and ACC.

First, up until the last few seconds of the B12 Conference Championship, if Okie State wins they are PROBABLY in the 4th spot in the playoffs. If not, they are IN THE LEAST, in the discussion. The winner of the ACC conference championship? There is NO scenario whereby they are in the discussion. None. The BEST they could hope for was a bowl on New Year's Day that few are even going to watch because whoever wins gets .... nothing.

Second, even though the B12 champion didn't make it into the playoffs, the two contenders still made it into the top 10. The two ACC contenders? No where near the top 10. One is barely in top 15 and the other barely top 20.

Third, the B12 champions don't lose to MAC schools. Not even good ones at that. B12 schools altogether, outside of the bottom feeder Kansas, don't lose to MAC and lower schools. Of course, there is the RARE one when a team finishes down there with Kansas. But not the top echelon IN ANY YEAR. The ACC - yep. Their champion lost to the MAC.

Fourth, in the B12, with one loss a team is still in the hunt for the playoffs. Has happened about every year - the B12 champion with one loss is still in the playoffs. The ACC? Nope. One loss just about guarantees you'll be playing somewhere else that weekend.

Fifth, in terms of prestige, the B12 right now comes in squarely in 3rd. One can use about any metric they want and the results will still be the same. The ACC? Among the P5 conferences, the ACC ranks at the bottom.

Now, there are others I could go into but we'll stop right there. The resident ACC homers can cry in their diapers over the facts stated because they can't refute them. Oh, they'll throw some ad hominem attacks and some infantile attacks my way but I'll just laugh like I always do.

All that written, even without Oklahoma and Texas, the B12 is a better conference only with fewer teams but much tougher schedules. Other than proximity, why would WVU want to jump to the ACC with everything listed above against them if they do?

Staying in the big 12 is gonna require a deep cut in revenue.
Temporarily, yes. Long term - not necessarily.

What's going to happen soon is we're going to see a time when all college games are going to pay-per-view. With so many people "cutting the cord" and monopolistic cable companies gouging customers, sooner than later that is the move schools will HAVE to make.

Not only that, they will sell commercial rights to corporations who will then not only "sponsor" teams but also, with NIL, pay the players also. The school will simply supply the platform, everything else will be sponsored.

There will come a day when the WVU coach will sound a lot like a NASCAR driver - "The Michelob, Michelin, Meineke Car Care Mountaineers started off a little rough today. After it looked like we blew a wheel there in the 3rd, the boys were able to make some adjustments and the offense ran like a rocket ship. Next week, we head off to tussle with the Pink Lady, Playtex Panthers in what should be a real barn burner."

Temporarily, yes. Long term - not necessarily.

What's going to happen soon is we're going to see a time when all college games are going to pay-per-view. With so many people "cutting the cord" and monopolistic cable companies gouging customers, sooner than later that is the move schools will HAVE to make.

Not only that, they will sell commercial rights to corporations who will then not only "sponsor" teams but also, with NIL, pay the players also. The school will simply supply the platform, everything else will be sponsored.

There will come a day when the WVU coach will sound a lot like a NASCAR driver - "The Michelob, Michelin, Meineke Car Care Mountaineers started off a little rough today. After it looked like we blew a wheel there in the 3rd, the boys were able to make some adjustments and the offense ran like a rocket ship. Next week, we head off to tussle with the Pink Lady, Playtex Panthers in what should be a real barn burner."

Under the current model, we are destined to make the least of the P5 when UT and OU depart. Pay per view could materialize one day, but right now we are in the beginning era of the content providers (ESPN, FOX, CBS) cutting out the middle man.

Last edited:
Under the current model that conferences control the TV rights, we are destined to make the least of the P5 when UT and OU depart. Pay per view could materialize one day, but right now we are in the beginning era of the content providers (ESPN, FOX, CBS) cutting out the middle man.
You're probably right. But the key is, "under the current model". That model is outdated and can no longer exist. Instead of this being a negative, it's really the opportunity for the B12 to become opportunistic and innovative. Be the first - be the best. Then, the money starts to roll our way while the others are still stuck in the "current model" watching the money train pass them by.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
You're probably right. But the key is, "under the current model". That model is outdated and can no longer exist. Instead of this being a negative, it's really the opportunity for the B12 to become opportunistic and innovative. Be the first - be the best. Then, the money starts to roll our way while the others are still stuck in the "current model" watching the money train pass them by.

I think the biggest problem would be there isn’t enough of an audience that would be ready to watch games on PPV right now to mitigate the loss of cutting itself off from national audiences on ESPN. The immediate lost exposure for the entire conference would be dramatic.

I think the ACC sucks and I believe its major members agree. Many years ago I was at a WVU game and saw a t-shirt that read, "Pitt sucks, but Penn State swallows". So does the PAC 12, the only conference that has kept the ACC out of the cellar the last few years. ESPN knows it also.

No, expansion is not “over”, that’s a hilarious position to take especially when an expansion was just made that has been on the table for atleast a decade. If there is one certainty in CFB, it’s that realignment among CFB’s power conferences for monetary gain will continue in some way shape or form. How you can take the position that I’m “ignorant” when we just saw the SEC expand to 16 is mind blowing. The next round comes whenever the next dominant program from either the B1G, ACC, or even the PAC decides it makes sense to stop buoying the leeches and join the SEC. The SEC’s endgame is without a doubt in my mind to become NFL-lite, choose to agree or disagree with that, but that is what their actions suggest. IMO they have standing invites out to tOSU, UM, PSU, Clemson, FSU, and possibly 2-3 from the PAC, it’s just up to those schools to say yes and blow up the sport. Due to the “TV market” driven expansion of the past that has programs like Clemson making less than Rutgers, it is a ticking time bomb for when those contracts expire and the big players can see what they would get in the SEC.

As for WVU, for whatever reason you seem to think I believe WVU is about to go to the ACC, and it’s just yet another example of you creating arguments to win against nobody. My stance on WVU and the other 11 Big XII programs, is simple. The paths out of the Big XII is to either become so dominant nationally in football that the SEC chooses to add them, or when the SEC poaches it’s next school be appealing enough at that time to be a desirable backfill school to the conference that got poached. As of now WVU is not likely to be a target for anyone, and if anyone is close to being targeted it’s Baylor, and should Cincinnati pull a National title out of its ass, then maybe them.

LOL. You got cliffs for your jibberish? We all know who you are. How many handles do you have? Seriously!!?

As I take you clowns into p. 4 😂
That makes no sense....this is a message board...wait a second....you actually think its a big deal to have multiple pages of a message board thread? That you didnt start? OMG that is beyond lame....LMAO.

Look everybody....gregor actually cares how many page this thread goes...that is simply the saddest thing ever!

"YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread may go four pages.....YIPPEE".....you have weird goals in life gregor...

It's why we all laugh at you!

Maybe if you left the trailer park and got a job...seeing a thread go four pages wouldn't be the highlight of your life....but please...so you will get your jollies...take us to page 4...SO SAD.

LMAO

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
That’s emotional and irrelevant to the discussion about WVUs future. Almost immature and insecure. You guys are priceless. WVU is looking at $15-$20 per year. You going to Bowl game?
When the facts aren't with you deflect. No, may head down to Florida instead if I can get away from work.

That makes no sense....this is a message board...wait a second....you actually think its a big deal to have multiple pages of a message board thread? That you didnt start? OMG that is beyond lame....LMAO.

Look everybody....gregor actually cares how many page this thread goes...that is simply the saddest thing ever!

"YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread may go four pages.....YIPPEE".....you have weird goals in life gregor...

It's why we all laugh at you!

Maybe if you left the trailer park and got a job...seeing a thread go four pages wouldn't be the highlight of your life....but please...so you will get your jollies...take us to page 4...SO SAD.

LMAO

I know you were up lurking around after 3am on your newly minted BL acct 🤣 yesterday. The BL acct must be like the new Big Wheel that you got on your 37th birthday 😆. Enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
You and turdboy and queenie are so obsessed with what time I post....LMAO....

I love live renting free in your heads....

Shame I don't see you on the BL...family's account run out?

You must be disappointed that this thread hasn't reached four pages yet...keep trying gregor...you will reach your life goal soon.

You and turdboy and queenie are so obsessed with what time I post....LMAO....

I love live renting free in your heads....

Shame I don't see you on the BL...family's account run out?

You must be disappointed that this thread hasn't reached four pages yet...keep trying gregor...you will reach your life goal soon.

Oh it will end when I want it to end. I’m tGGJ goofball. I’m site royalty without question. Anyway, nice try on the save but anyone up posting in the weee hrs as much as you do is truly a sad story. Seek help sir.

Love the Avatar. I bought my first 3 guns in last 6 months. I want 4. Two handguns and an AR. Final gun I was told to purchase by my SWAT cop neighbor is a shotgun. Any advice or sites?
just remember...you've got enough firearms when you buy...the next one. working on third safe. both my wife and i are avid gun enthusiasts. ammo is an expensive bitch now however.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ammo is crazy right now.
and that's with it dropping way down from last year's high cost with limited availability. bought a ton of it at auctions. we put around 400 rounds down range each week. my wife is incredibly competent at defensive drills. so cool.

Get a lot account Homer
Dont you just love gregor's repetitive trolling style.

We respond and we are on his hook but he makes 10 posts in a row responding to us and he is pushing the thread to a mega thread...whatever the hell that is...

Isn't he pathetic....LMAO...a grown man playing message board games to satisfy his frail ego.

Pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT