ADVERTISEMENT

Well….F$U files suit against the ACC…

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
And if a few more schools joint in, the ACC will be a distant memory…irony. So, I guess in a few yeas, we’ll be down to three conferences, Big X, SEC, and the remains of the ACC will have to merge with the Big 12…..,which is fine…..I’ll Ike to play U of L again

Nobody cares about UL. Hope they fall off face of the earth. Time to start playing true rivals again in VT and Pitt..

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Believe WVU screwed UL out of Big 12 and left Pitt behind in AAC.

UL is not a rival.
I'm pretty sure Pitt was already set to head to the ACC along with Syracuse from the BE 2.0 before WVU was set to join the Big 12. Louisville, and even Senator McConnell I believe, lobbied to be the last invite from the Big XII but lost out to WVU. It was only after all that, that the Big 10 snatched up Maryland and a desperate ACC turning to Louisville to replace that program.

Nobody cares about UL. Hope they fall off face of the earth. Time to start playing true rivals again in VT and Pitt..

The Big XII is about money just like everyone else. If the ACC folds then UNC, FSU, and Clemson are off the table as they will have the SEC or Big 10 looking their way. Of the rest only Miami and NC State, if available, seem like for sure adds to the Big XII based upon their geographic foot print and program engagement. After that I could see Louisville having a stronger case in that regard than either Pitt or VT even if WVU would prefer to play those programs instead.

The Big XII is about money just like everyone else. If the ACC folds then UNC, FSU, and Clemson are off the table as they will have the SEC or Big 10 looking their way. Of the rest only Miami and NC State, if available, seem like for sure adds to the Big XII based upon their geographic foot print and program engagement. After that I could see Louisville having a stronger case in that regard than either Pitt or VT even if WVU would prefer to play those programs instead.
I don't really care one way or the other but you need Eastern teams if you're going 20 or 24.

I'm pretty sure Pitt was already set to head to the ACC along with Syracuse from the BE 2.0 before WVU was set to join the Big 12. Louisville, and even Senator McConnell I believe, lobbied to be the last invite from the Big XII but lost out to WVU. It was only after all that, that the Big 10 snatched up Maryland and a desperate ACC turning to Louisville to replace that program.
Maryland had to sue to get out and paid a huge exit fee. WVU was leaving the Big East no matter what even though it cost them a pretty penny. It's not a matter of when they left but when they were asked.

Let us not forget that Miami (more than likely) will be available. If the Nig 20 grab FSU, they will not need or want Miami. The SEC has Florida, so why bother. UCF is not the brand that Miami has.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The ACC GOR is the only thing preventing the B1G-SEC split from the rest of CFB. If they get out early then we will be facing relegation from big time CFB now rather than a decade from now.

sPitt haS a crowd? Would rather play against teams that are competitive and just limit ourselves to a quick bus ride.
When WVU plays them yes they have a crowd. When anyone else shows up they wear empty seats as disguises.

The ACC GOR is the only thing preventing the B1G-SEC split from the rest of CFB. If they get out early then we will be facing relegation from big time CFB now rather than a decade from now.
That's the reason of the law suit. FSU no doubt has found a way out or a way to get more money for winning in ACC.

Conferences die all the time. They only need a majority to split. The national media would be more than happy to support the kind of teams that would split. Those left behind would have to suffer through streaming instead. Guarantee ABC, CBS, Fox, ESPN and NBC would support such a move.

Let us not forget that Miami (more than likely) will be available. If the Nig 20 grab FSU, they will not need or want Miami. The SEC has Florida, so why bother. UCF is not the brand that Miami has.
By going to 20 the Big 10 and SEC will not have to play anyone outside their conferences. They would dominate the playoff system.

My apologies. I fat fingered a couple of times. It was “the Big 10” not what it read. Gordon Gee is sending the woke police to take my WVU flag, Pat White jersey and any other WVU things I own.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
That's the reason of the law suit. FSU no doubt has found a way out or a way to get more money for winning in ACC.

Conferences die all the time. They only need a majority to split. The national media would be more than happy to support the kind of teams that would split. Those left behind would have to suffer through streaming instead. Guarantee ABC, CBS, Fox, ESPN and NBC would support such a move.
FSU (and Clemson) absolutely has a standing offer from both the B1G and SEC if they can maneuver around the GOR. I would think Tobacco Road and UVA are also behind the scenes trying to negotiate a way for all of them to be included on the right side of the split, can easily see a resolution where FSU wins the votes to bypass the GOR and the B1G/SEC invites a majority of the schools to help expedite this whole thing. The leftovers my guess is basically anyone we have played in the Big East from the 90s through 2010 and they will be joining us in the Big XII shortly which will be kind of funny considering those schools started this shit.

There will be streaming and non streaming options regardless of conference affiliation. The Big XII might be more aggressive in experimenting with things like streaming only or PPV for their marquee games, but if there is any success it will be copied by the B1G/SEC. Just like how the Big East made a name for itself on weeknights and then everyone including the NFL eventually copied.

FSU (and Clemson) absolutely has a standing offer from both the B1G and SEC if they can maneuver around the GOR. I would think Tobacco Road and UVA are also behind the scenes trying to negotiate a way for all of them to be included on the right side of the split, can easily see a resolution where FSU wins the votes to bypass the GOR and the B1G/SEC invites a majority of the schools to help expedite this whole thing. The leftovers my guess is basically anyone we have played in the Big East from the 90s through 2010 and they will be joining us in the Big XII shortly which will be kind of funny considering those schools started this shit.

There will be streaming and non streaming options regardless of conference affiliation. The Big XII might be more aggressive in experimenting with things like streaming only or PPV for their marquee games, but if there is any success it will be copied by the B1G/SEC. Just like how the Big East made a name for itself on weeknights and then everyone including the NFL eventually copied.
Yes, the ACC schools for the SEC and B10 will be FSU, Clemson, Virginia, North Carolina, and possibly Miami. I cannot see anyone else in the ACC that will be considered

Yes, the ACC schools for the SEC and B10 will be FSU, Clemson, Virginia, North Carolina, and possibly Miami. I cannot see anyone else in the ACC that will be considered
Duke has some people in high places, they bring about as much to the table as UVA, can see them backdooring their way in along with NCSU, and GT. I don’t know if Miami gets included in this, they have always been a renegade program and not part of the establishment. Their alumni network is small and not really fanatical about sports, and unless they are winning and drawing the interest of African Americans in a big way then they simply aren’t a draw. The days of what made them a national power are long gone, they aren’t going to out bid the SEC for players, so they will remain what they are barring a magical season.

the ACC has always been more about basketball...in the event that FSU and Clemson leave..the ACC will just add more teams...like the B12

Last edited:
the ACC has always been more about basketball...in the event that FSU and Clemson leave..the ACC will just add more teams...like the B12
They are already adding Stanford, California and SMU for free.This will be FSU, Clemson and UNC replacements.

Not sure the ACC will crumble but they won't be very strong in football department.

ACC basketball has fallen off the map. SEC is even starting to get stronger than the ACC. The old money is ACC biggest problem. Once FSU and Clemson leave they'll have a hard time securing a TV deal any stronger than Big 12.

ACC basketball has fallen off the map. SEC is even starting to get stronger than the ACC. The old money is ACC biggest problem. Once FSU and Clemson leave they'll have a hard time securing a TV deal any stronger than Big 12.
Big XII has absolutely established itself as the place to be if you get left out, it will be a hell of a hoops conference, and football will have a lot of parity. They will have their pick of the scraps. I just can’t see the most of the original ACC (old money) members not finagling themselves into the fold in exchange for the SEC and B1G not having to wait a decade to choke out what remains of CFB.

Big XII has absolutely established itself as the place to be if you get left out, it will be a hell of a hoops conference, and football will have a lot of parity. They will have their pick of the scraps. I just can’t see the most of the original ACC (old money) members not finagling themselves into the fold in exchange for the SEC and B1G not having to wait a decade to choke out what remains of CFB.
There will not be as many as you think leave the ACC. People believe UNC stays because they can't bring Duke. Didn't stop Pitt from screwing WVU or OU and Texas screwing TTU and Okie light or Washington saying fu to Washington State.

UNC, Clemson, FSU about it as far as teams leaving. Would no doubt cripple the ACC.

This will be the last shakeup for a few years before more teams start going bankrupt.

There will not be as many as you think leave the ACC. People believe UNC stays because they can't bring Duke. Didn't stop Pitt from screwing WVU or OU and Texas screwing TTU and Okie light or Washington saying fu to Washington State.

UNC, Clemson, FSU about it as far as teams leaving. Would no doubt cripple the ACC.

This will be the last shakeup for a few years before more teams start going bankrupt.
WVU, TTU, OSU, WSU didn’t have a bargaining chip though. No one wants to wait 12 years for anything in the world of public or private sector business. All of these presidents, commissioners, ADs, etc will be long gone and they want to make their mark now. If to do that they gotta bring in a few more Vandys and Northwesterns so be it. The SEC/B1G need the ACC to vote to dissolve the GOR or else the huffing and puffing from FSU goes nowhere I think.

I think of all the ACC teams, the most likely leftover to leave will be Louisville and I think the B12 grabs them once FSU, Clemson, UNC, Virginia leaves. Remember they wanted the B12 bad and Manchin fought McConnell to get WVU in over Louisville. Louisville will fit the B12 better than the ACC and gives WVU and Cincinnati a close old rival.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT