ADVERTISEMENT

ACC talk?

Chris from WV

Senior
Jul 5, 2002
The WVU (and Notre Dame) to the ACC talks have seemed to fizzle . . . anybody hear anything recently?

It’ll happen after WVU repeats the success from 2005-07 sans the Pitt game.

Look everyone....bitchgregor is still doing the Homer routine...LMAO

24/7 rent free in your brain. You going to WVU big Bowl game 😂? How ya enjoying BL. I knew you’d come back to your owner. WVU BL Acct and you still can’t quit me aaaaaaahahahahahaha 🤣

Reactions: KingCoal
Homers are adorable 😂
I’m not really being a homer. If you win, a bigger conference comes calling… it’s really that simple. The TV market gold rush is over, and now the conferences want quality content, hence the SEC push to get UT and OU. If Baylor keeps it up, someone will poach them next.

I’m not really being a homer. If you win, a bigger conference comes calling… it’s really that simple. The TV market gold rush is over, and now the conferences want quality content, hence the SEC push to get UT and OU. If Baylor keeps it up, someone will poach them next.

Sir it literally has nothing to do with winning. That you think that tells me you’ve never educated yourself about what drives revenue. The extra mouth at the table that WVU would be to the ACC has to be able to provide the revenue to justify it’s membership. Texas has been an embarrassment on the field. Texas and Oklahoma add massive revenue potential. LOL at Baylor.

Sir it literally has nothing to do with winning. That you think that tells me you’ve never educated yourself about what drives revenue. The extra mouth at the table that WVU would be to the ACC has to be able to provide the revenue to justify it’s membership. Texas has been an embarrassment on the field. Texas and Oklahoma add massive revenue potential. LOL at Baylor.

Yes it absolutely does. OU and Texas are the best available winning programs within the SEC’s footprint, therefore they got the call. Texas and OU reading the room and the needs of streaming services agreed and signed on to the power play this time around. Of course, given the current needs of networks, the Big XII without hesitation replaces the departures with the best available winning G5 programs. You may remember the Big East added TV markets over quality by adding USF, UConn, and Cincy all of whom were either new to D1 or simply weren’t that good even for midmajors, UL was the only Big East addition that had a good program. Clemson will be a target of the SEC in the very near future and Clemson will agree if the ACC doesn’t do some serious ball washing to keep them. Should Clemson depart, WVU if they are in their current form, I can say will absolutely not be a target for ACC expansion. But if they are winning conference titles then they will be a target. Of course, if WVU (or any leftover Big XII program) were to win a national title they would receive an invite the next day to the ACC.

As for Texas, they are a blue blood and has the most recent NC from the Big XII. That is why the SEC wants them, the fanbase is part of it, but their long history of winning is why people watch them at the end of the day. If you believe Texas is simply going to just suck forever, then you probably thought the same thing about Bama not too long ago.

Yes it absolutely does. OU and Texas are the best available winning programs within the SEC’s footprint, therefore they got the call. Texas and OU reading the room and the needs of streaming services agreed and signed on to the power play this time around. Of course, given the current needs of networks, the Big XII without hesitation replaces the departures with the best available winning G5 programs. You may remember the Big East added TV markets over quality by adding USF, UConn, and Cincy all of whom were either new to D1 or simply weren’t that good even for midmajors, UL was the only Big East addition that had a good program. Clemson will be a target of the SEC in the very near future and Clemson will agree if the ACC doesn’t do some serious ball washing to keep them. Should Clemson depart, WVU if they are in their current form, I can say will absolutely not be a target for ACC expansion. But if they are winning conference titles then they will be a target. Of course, if WVU (or any leftover Big XII program) were to win a national title they would receive an invite the next day to the ACC.

As for Texas, they are a blue blood and has the most recent NC from the Big XII. That is why the SEC wants them, the fanbase is part of it, but their long history of winning is why people watch them at the end of the day. If you believe Texas is simply going to just suck forever, then you probably thought the same thing about Bama not too long ago.

Low IQ stuff but I’m sure you believe it. Why is Oklahoma State on outside looking in again? Nobody gives a crap about a State like West Virginia. Oklahoma State is a Top 15-20 program yet are stuck in a Conference with left over Big East orphan WVU, long term embarrassment Iowa State and now some joke non P5s. Wise up sir and educate yourself.

Low IQ stuff but I’m sure you believe it. Why is Oklahoma State on outside looking in again? Nobody gives a crap about a State like West Virginia. Oklahoma State is a Top 15-20 program yet are stuck in a Conference with left over Big East orphan WVU, long term embarrassment Iowa State and now some joke non P5s. Wise up sir and educate yourself.
Always a douchebag....spitt has had one good season in like 40 years and you wet your pants over it....congrats....go back to the your trailer and your 10 family members that live in it.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
The WVU (and Notre Dame) to the ACC talks have seemed to fizzle . . . anybody hear anything recently?
The B10, ACC and PAC have formed an alliance where they intend to schedule one another as schedules open up and other connections as well.

None of these conferences looks to be expanding in the near future and Notre Dame doesn't seem interested in dropping their independence.

Probably once the Big Ten and PAC get into tv negotiations--very soon--that will be when schools start moving around or being added--if at all.

TV ratings show clearly that WVU would be a valuable addition to the ACC but they have to do what tv--primarily ESPN wants them to do. ESPN only wants to pay them more money if they help ESPN get NDs rights away from NBC.

OK State is not a top 15-20 program, that is laughable. They have 1 conference title in 45 years and play in a smaller stadium than WVU.
Really throwing out “geography smack” when many of the best programs in the country play in sparsely populated states. I guarantee if the B1G could reverse its decision to add Rutgers, they would. Heck, I guarantee if these conferences could figure out a way to do it, they would dump Wake, BC, ISU, Wash State, Vanderbilt, etc etc and create small stacked conferences that would mirror the NFL’s model.

Get out of here with your 2005 talking points boomer, cable is dead, and quality content drives the bus now.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Never going to happen.

Why would anyone want to go to another dying conference?

Notre Dame will sign it's own contract with ESPN in 2024 and then be done with ACC.

OK State is not a top 15-20 program, that is laughable. They have 1 conference title in 45 years and play in a smaller stadium than WVU.
Really throwing out “geography smack” when many of the best programs in the country play in sparsely populated states. I guarantee if the B1G could reverse its decision to add Rutgers, they would. Heck, I guarantee if these conferences could figure out a way to do it, they would dump Wake, BC, ISU, Wash State, Vanderbilt, etc etc and create small stacked conferences that would mirror the NFL’s model.

Get out of here with your 2005 talking points boomer, cable is dead, and quality content drives the bus now.
Rutgers was added to the B1G because the B1G owns about half of the B1G Network (Fox owns the other half), and the B1G received tons of money when cable companies in the Metropolitan New York Area added the B1G Network to their channel lineups. So, no the B1G wouldn't reverse its decision to add Rutgers. Follow the money...

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
What talks? Anything happening on that front is happening behind the scenes and will stay there.

The playoff expansion talks are kinda key to it all so pay attention to movement there

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Rutgers was added to the B1G because the B1G owns about half of the B1G Network (Fox owns the other half), and the B1G received tons of money when cable companies in the Metropolitan New York Area added the B1G Network to their channel lineups. So, no the B1G wouldn't reverse its decision to add Rutgers. Follow the money...

Yea and now cable is dying and unlikely to survive the decade, that idea is a long term loser. When the day comes that the B1G’s TV revenue is up against the SEC’s and the numbers are driven by the collective captive audience each one has, the B1G will be scrambling to dump schools or tOSU, UM, and PSU will be accepting an SEC invite.

Last edited:
The next realignment steps would likely be the SEC trying to land i.e. FSU and Clemson and the Big Ten trying to get Notre Dame to join, or some of the AAU schools in the ACC and/or PAC 12.

ACC and PAC somewhat vulnerable due to finances not on par with the SEC or Big Ten. But they signed an agreement to work with each other to not have to expand or pull each other apart.

This is a concern since the networks seem to be trying to leave all the remaining BIG 12 schools "behind" financially and otherwise. And that's why those schools are going to continue to try to get into other conferences.

Ummm didn’t you notice..... the Big 12 imploded and had to add non P5s because it’s a second tier Conference without Texas and Oklahoma. Even a hillbilly should realize that no? You may very well be the lowest IQ handle I’ve seen here. Oklahoma St is a Top 4 Big12 program. I’m not saying that’s great. I’m saying that’s true. Where did that get them? Yep! Playing games that won’t matter in a few years for less than half of the revenue. If you’re to stupid to realize geography matters you may want to reconsider ever posting again. No one is interested in your seeing eye dog take on what the landscape should be Haas.

The next realignment steps would likely be the SEC trying to land i.e. FSU and Clemson and the Big Ten trying to get Notre Dame to join, or some of the AAU schools in the ACC and/or PAC 12.

ACC and PAC somewhat vulnerable due to finances not on par with the SEC or Big Ten. But they signed an agreement to work with each other to not have to expand or pull each other apart.

This is a concern since the networks seem to be trying to leave all the remaining BIG 12 schools "behind" financially and otherwise. And that's why those schools are going to continue to try to get into other conferences.

The networks can do whatever they want but its never stopped quality programs from rising before. Networks tried to kill the Big East and the conference posted a winning record in BCS bowls. Networks tried to kill the AAC and UCF and Cincy rose up with Cincy now in the playoff. I suspect the Big XII leftovers won’t just die either. However the better programs in this new era will inevitably leave the conference one day, that’s how it always goes down. So far networks have been successful in killing UConn, that’s about it.

Ummm didn’t you notice..... the Big 12 imploded and had to add non P5s because it’s a second tier Conference without Texas and Oklahoma. Even a hillbilly should realize that no? You may very well be the lowest IQ handle I’ve seen here. Oklahoma St is a Top 4 Big12 program. I’m not saying that’s great. I’m saying that’s true. Where did that get them? Yep! Playing games that won’t matter in a few years for less than half of the revenue. If you’re to stupid to realize geography matters you may want to reconsider ever posting again. No one is interested in your seeing eye dog take on what the landscape should be Haas.

Okay boomer. Go watch Comcast or go back to your board. “Geography matters” that’s why OK State was left out…. but OU was added because… they win? That’s my point, thanks for reiterating. OK State is the 4th best team in the conference, my point is that’s not going to cut it whether they play in Times Square or Alaska. Meanwhile OU would have been added to the SEC whether they played in Times Square or Alaska.

Last edited:
The B10, ACC and PAC have formed an alliance where they intend to schedule one another as schedules open up and other connections as well.

None of these conferences looks to be expanding in the near future and Notre Dame doesn't seem interested in dropping their independence.

Probably once the Big Ten and PAC get into tv negotiations--very soon--that will be when schools start moving around or being added--if at all.

TV ratings show clearly that WVU would be a valuable addition to the ACC but they have to do what tv--primarily ESPN wants them to do. ESPN only wants to pay them more money if they help ESPN get NDs rights away from NBC.

Opposite. WVU can not justify itself from an added revenue perspective for entry into ACC. That’s the problem. Instead of spitting up on a keyboard acknowledge what the freaken ACC is actually doing. You people just make up narratives that are irrelevant. It’s like some of you idiots think you’re the smartest guy in the room. It’s not this hard. Here are some facts.....

West Virginia is one of the smaller states. It is one of the more depressed states It offers little to no marketable network advantages. It’s brand as a State is somewhat embarrassing from a National perspective. We have not even talked WVU. WVU in general is ranked lowly as an academic institution. The fan base reputation is mocked nationally(you guys still burn couches) and at times considered nasty. The program has had pockets of success but not a Top 25 program. I mean I could go on and on but why bother.

The networks can do whatever they want but its never stopped quality programs from rising before. Networks tried to kill the Big East and the conference posted a winning record in BCS bowls. Networks tried to kill the AAC and UCF and Cincy rose up with Cincy now in the playoff. I suspect the Big XII leftovers won’t just die either. However the better programs in this new era will inevitably leave the conference one day, that’s how it always goes down. So far networks have been successful in killing UConn, that’s about it.

Ummm the Big East did die 😂

Always a douchebag....spitt has had one good season in like 40 years and you wet your pants over it....congrats....go back to the your trailer and your 10 family members that live in it.

I‘ll circle back to you tonight little bro

Ummm the Big East did die 😂

The leftover programs, Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, and Rutgers are all still playing power conference football, with one midmajor call up being given a seat in the ACC. So not really. The entity “Big East football” died, but the programs that were intended to be killed all still exist with seats at the table.

Says the smartest guy in the room that is never right 😂. Keep posting little bro keep posting. Listen expansion boy, you just post shit and play the authority in the room guy. In reality you’re a fvckin idiot with a keyboard.

The leftover programs, Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, and Rutgers are all still playing power conference football. So not really. The entity “Big East football” died, but the programs that were intended to be killed all still exist with seats at the table.

LOL. Face it little bro.... WVU is screwed.

Says the smartest guy in the room that is never right 😂. Keep posting little bro keep posting. Listen expansion boy, you just post shit and play the authority in the room guy. In reality you’re a fvckin idiot with a keyboard.

Do you actually believe that expansion will just stop and the ACC will never have to deal with Clemson or FSU being targeted by the SEC? I don’t understand the arrogance. The first time someone other than Clemson wins the conference and it’s a team that lost to a MAC team, you don’t think Clemson’s back is hurting?

But offer is never coming. Unless UVA, UNC, NC STATE, DUKE walk out the door.
Too many contracts until 2030-2035 to unravel. Including ND. The action might start back up in 2028-2032. Idiots here just can’t deal with the facts. I’d like to see two 32 team conferences with regional divisions inside of them. NCAA gone for good. 18-24 team playoff. That would be my utopia.

Didn‘t you hear? WVU has already been left behind. You’re just too stupid to realize it.

Hmm, end of the day we went from a conference that at one point only had Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers in it, to the one we’re in now… still an improvement. Would rather be in the ACC, but we’re still alive. You won’t acknowledge the SEC’s power or influence in the sport which I think is interesting and speaks to your own insecurities.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
Too many contracts until 2030-2035 to unravel. Including ND. The action might start back up in 2028-2032. Idiots here just can’t deal with the facts. I’d like to see two 32 team conferences with regional divisions inside of them. NCAA gone for good. 18-24 team playoff. That would be my utopia.
ND contract is done in 2024 and ESPN already bidding for them. There will be 32 teams but only 2 divisions split into 4 pods of 4. See NFL for diagram. It's coming.

They've pretty much crushed South Florida too if you compare what they were before the Big East was destroyed to now. And many many programs not in power conferences have essentially been harmed as far as exposure, and revenues in comparison to the highest paid conferences--essentially dropped to a lower level of competition.

The Big East was ended as a football conference and the AAC is now becoming CUSA 2.0 with more future departures likely there.

Trying to hang on with greatly reduced finances, no promotion and poor exposure could greatly harm all of the existing BIG 12 members as things change over these next few years. Could already see ESPN at work as they devalued the BIG 12 all season even with multiple only 1 loss teams. Everyone else with 1 loss was still in the playoff slotting, the BIG 12 wasn't even considered until the last week even though some very strong programs like Baylor and OK State had minimal losses deep into the season and compared favorably to one loss programs they pushed.

Do you actually believe that expansion will just stop and the ACC will never have to deal with Clemson or FSU being targeted by the SEC? I don’t understand the arrogance. The first time someone other than Clemson wins the conference and it’s a team that lost to a MAC team, you don’t think Clemson’s back is hurting?

Of course not. The SEC and the Big Ten make the rules. You literally are in a plastic bag fighting with yourself. Wether you acknowledge it or not The ACC and ND are soulmates until the 2030s. You can keyboard away all ya like but that fact won’t change. Your Clemson jibberish is irrelevant. Not even sure why you bring them up. If you’re ignorant to the legal side of this discussion that’s on you little bro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT