ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release A Letter from Neal Brown

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
A Letter From Neal Brown

Mountaineer Family, I come to you tonight sick about today’s events.

Earlier today, Kerry Martin expressed his voice and he had every right to do so. I first learned about Kerry’s stated concerns via Twitter. I care deeply about everyone involved and have waited to speak publicly so that I could first speak with Kerry, Vic, the team, and our administration.

After speaking with Kerry, I took immediate action. Along with Shane and his team, we launched an independent investigation. I spoke with all parties involved, the defense as a unit and the team as a whole. I again emphasized to our team that our program culture will be one of acceptance, respect, tolerance, and positive relationships. I stressed to our team and staff that we will be open and transparent throughout the University process.

I will refrain from further conversation or comment about these issues until the University process is complete. I ask everyone to be patient as we work through this process as quickly as possible. We will listen, learn and grow from this together, as a family, to become even more united.

Thank you,

Neal Brown

So if Kerry is lying and just saying it because he don’t agree with Vic politically about things, can we kick him off the team?

You already know Shane is trying to figure out a way to fire Vic or get Vic to step down.

Reactions: Rootmaster
So if Kerry is lying and just saying it because he don’t agree with Vic politically about things, can we kick him off the team?

You already know Shane is trying to figure out a way to fire Vic or get Vic to step down.

Sad thing is that could happen. Unless there is a sit down with all parties and the team to discuss this like adults and not some twitter rant. If they could speak to each other and come to agreements it could work out. Problem is Martin started out doing this half baked and backwards.

He should have first gone to Brown and discussed in house first.

My fear now is if he gets fired that it sends a message that if you don't like a coach or he doesn't let you start then twitter racism will come into play and control what coach comes here and who doesn't.

Thus needs a quick answer because it potentially can destroy the recruiting that has been done already.

Sad thing is that could happen. Unless there is a sit down with all parties and the team to discuss this like adults and not some twitter rant. If they could speak to each other and come to agreements it could work out. Problem is Martin started out doing this half baked and backwards.

He should have first gone to Brown and discussed in house first.

My fear now is if he gets fired that it sends a message that if you don't like a coach or he doesn't let you start then twitter racism will come into play and control what coach comes here and who doesn't.

Thus needs a quick answer because it potentially can destroy the recruiting that has been done already.

you already have a teammate showing dissent with Kerry’s twitter post. I’m sure there is more that aren’t rushing to twitter to post it.

The precedent for this has already been set by looking at Ok St and Clemson. Vic isn’t the head coach, so he will be fired to save face for the administration while Neal Brown will vow to bring everyone together and have sensitivity training times to keep his job. Players know they can get away with this behavior, especially if it’s political based, because no one has stood up to it yet and they know the universities will bend to their will to try and save face. Neal Brown and the rest of staff will be walking on eggshells and may be gone after the season if he supports Vic and Lyons doesn’t want to support his head coach. I don’t see any reputable coaches wanting the job if the mob gets their way.

you already have a teammate showing dissent with Kerry’s twitter post. I’m sure there is more that aren’t rushing to twitter to post it.

The precedent for this has already been set by looking at Ok St and Clemson. Vic isn’t the head coach, so he will be fired to save face for the administration while Neal Brown will vow to bring everyone together and have sensitivity training times to keep his job. Players know they can get away with this behavior, especially if it’s political based, because no one has stood up to it yet and they know the universities will bend to their will to try and save face. Neal Brown and the rest of staff will be walking on eggshells and may be gone after the season if he supports Vic and Lyons doesn’t want to support his head coach. I don’t see any reputable coaches wanting the job if the mob gets their way.

Even with Martin being caught in 2 lies in his statement. Even with Martin praising Vic for the type of coach and person he is and admits he does not intentionally want to bring a bad light to WVU.

The lies and other statements screams out look at me tweets.

We have no proof from either side, yet VIC is the one that will have to pay for this comment. Martin wielding a tweet account without consequences. I hope he feels good about the destruction of the team. There is no good play in this at all.

If Vic gets fired for this, I'm hanging it up until things get back to some normalcy, which may never happen with our "woke" weak-minded youth.

If we are actually going to have an "honest" discussion about societies issues, then it needs to include the TRAGIC LOSS of free speech, and being able to disagree with someones opinions without flipping out on them and trying to ruin their life. Kerry Martin just lost me completely. Chubba Hubbard, and what he did over a fkn tee shirt? This has gone too far, and its going to ruin sports. Even worse its going to hurt these kids grow into men and learn how to be effective leaders of families. .

who was the teammate showing dissent? I must have missed that

Goodbye program. Who needs this crap? Future schedule...
Washington and Jefferson
Youngstown State
Lehigh
Fairmont State
Towson
Carnegie Tech
VMI
and few lesser teams.

It’s gonna turn into the NBA. The players will be coaching or at least the decision makers on the team. That’s when I stop watching..

7678f0e25c67e99d40c6c2dc68361425.jpg

Was this you Rootmaster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT