ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU @ Kansas

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
This is a big one for a lot of reasons so why not go ahead and open the game thread? West Virginia is looking for its first win in Allen Fieldhouse and tip off is set for 6:15 p.m. Saturday. Remember to check the details below on how you can win free WVU gear.

WVSports.com and the WVU Fan Store are teaming up to offer you a chance to win free WVU gear for doing nothing more than participating in our game threads for WVU football and basketball games.

For the remainder of the basketball season when you post in our game thread you will be entered into a drawing for one of two $10 gift cards to the WVU Fan Store (http://westvirginia.rivalsfanstore.com/).

Several hours before each game we will start a game thread and again all you have to do is share your thoughts on the game. All we ask is that you actually give some thought to your post rather than simply going with a one or two word post in an effort to be in the drawing. Also there may be a few surprise items added along the way.

Within 24 hours following each game we will pick two winners randomly and you will be emailed your gift certificate code. While we obviously encourage you to use the card to buy Mountaineer gear you are welcome to use it to buy anything offered, which includes pro sports apparel and fan items.

It is going to be a great game. Hopefully WVU has learned the lessons of the past and plays out of its own mind!
The game will be horrible to half of this board. Esa will play and Thick will report each step he takes in an effort to confirm his statement of how Esa doesn't belong on the floor. Fans?

Could be a game of redemption in many ways.

1. We had the game in Morgantown, but then didn't. Revenge is a good motivator
2. Sags has to be upset with his performance last time out... He makes a correction. Redemption !
3. Esa and Teddy could potentially drive an offense like they should every night ...in the same game.
4. West's recent rediscovered three ball would be huge. His stage is set and waiting for him to step up on it.
5 Beetle starts and Miles off the bench has had success...Good combo now and later in the tourney.
6. JC plays for the last time at Kansas... He dominates we win, he doesn't we likely lose
7 Bender continues to be the "New Bender"... Game over we win.

We Need this one for sure.

Potential springboard (whatever that is) for a team that could definitely use a win in a tough environment. Believe a win in Kansas has potential for much more upside than the ramifications of a loss.

Big opportunity to take back some of the sins this team has committed at home

We can win if we can stop their kick out 3 point buckets..and we need to be able to hit a decent shooting %. It would help if they got in early foul trouble, and Sags can stay on the floor

Seth Greenberg picked WVU. J-Will ultimately picked Kansas after a funny skit with a little kid.

Anyone who says they know which WVU team will show up, or which Esa or Sags or (insert name here), hasn't been paying attention.

This is a WVU team that can beat ANY team-- ask Virginia or Oklahoma's superstar (twice!) -- but also can beat itself.

It sure makes for an interesting, painful, euphoric season. But it can get a little maddening.

The only thing I'm sure of is that the Mad Scientist on the stool will be using all his tricks to get this train back on the track. You do not win 15 in a row by accident.

It's time to win every game left -- in the regular season, in the Big 12 tournament and in March Madness. Will THAT WVU team please show up an make an octogenarian happy before he's buried under a double grave marker with "WVU" under his name and his late wife's name!

For God's sake. And mine!

Just watching West Liberty a little. If we could somehow get whoever teaches their shooters and their offense to go to WVU once a week and teach the boys a little of what they do. It is crazy what they do. And yes I know it is D2 vs. D1, but the c'mon now. We should be able to do that some. Their passing is incredible and it gives them such great looks at the bucket.

I sware Esa tries to play too smooth. He needs to pick up the intensity and focus.

Last edited:
Both teams playing hard.

Refs called early touch fouls then swallowed whistles for awhile and let them play.

We can definitely win this one. We have to play team ball and not one on one ball.

Shooting well, but missed opportunities on possessions...need seniors to will a win at the Phogg. Miles! Be the key down the stretch! LGM!

Both teams playing hard.

Refs called early touch fouls then swallowed whistles for awhile and let them play.

We can definitely win this one. We have to play team ball and not one on one ball.
The biggest thing is WVU's stretches where they can't buy a bucket. You're not going to win at their place if you fall behind. I like what WVU is doing so far but again they can't hit one of those dry times.

At some point we need some production from Ahmad
What happened to the player we heard he was going to be when he came back? Not knocking him but I was expecting him to be close to double doubles each game.

Whatever we do these officials are going to try to stop up in the final minutes. The conference doesn't want to give the the title to anyone else.

Whatever we do these officials are going to try to stop up in the final minutes. The conference doesn't want to give the the title to anyone else.
I would laugh if it wasn't true. Crying about the officials isn't what I do but on their court we're not going to get the calls.

I just don't think Carter holding the ball till late in the clock then all standing still so he can create a miracle shot is the answer.

We need to throw it low and let Konate go at the big guy. He is huffing and puffing and out of shape. If the shot is not there, throw it out to someone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT