ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU @ Kansas

So, whoever told Macon to go play pro ball in Mongolia made a bad mistake. Mongolia was still going to be there next year.

So, whoever told Macon to go play pro ball in Mongolia made a bad mistake. Mongolia was still going to be there next year.

I think it was a money thing......Macon needed it for his family......can't blame him for that. No matter how small amount he is making, it's still money needed. I wish him nothing but the best. Next year Huggs has recruited some bigs coming in to help out Sags........and hopefully Beetle or Knapper is ready to take over at the point, and McCabe is as good as advertised......along with Culver and Knapper.

This team played well tonight, with a few exceptions. Dax shooting was exceptional and if he can get it going again, takes some of the offensive burden off of Carter. West shot well tonight. If those two can keep it going, they will be a difficult out for anyone they see in the tournament.

Man, these games are becoming common. Tough to watch.

I want Huggins to succeed here with a Big 12 title, maybe 2, before he hangs up his windbreaker.

Also, people need to not berate Huggins.

How many coaches will truly love this state and school? He would bleed for the Gold and Blue.

I know it is frustrating, but he has brought us success, respect, and a greater level of investment in the program.

No...poster had a valid point. Maybe you were talking about yourself. Should change your name to "Someoneelse'sfaultMountaineer." You are comic reliefe in all this though lol.
He's the guy who bitches about getting a ticket in Summersville for going 60 mph because he went through Flatwoods at 80 mph. He knows the rules, he got to break them at one point so he thinks he should get preferential treatment, then complains when the rules are applied...despite being completely known and predictable.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Also, people need to not berate Huggins.

How many coaches will truly love this state and school? He would bleed for the Gold and Blue.

I know it is frustrating, but he has brought us success, respect, and a greater level of investment in the program.
I'm sure Huggins loves this place. And I'm sure other coaches have as well. And I do, too.

Huggins has been elevated to god-like status in WV, justly or unjustly. I'm sure he should be able to withstand the complaints of the internet posts. After all, the more money you make, the more open you are to criticism... Oh, and let's not forget, Huggins has no qualms about berating and humiliating his 19-year-old players every night on national television.

I'm sure Huggins loves this place. And I'm sure other coaches have as well. And I do, too.

Huggins has been elevated to god-like status in WV, justly or unjustly. I'm sure he should be able to withstand the complaints of the internet posts. After all, the more money you make, the more open you are to criticism... Oh, and let's not forget, Huggins has no qualms about berating and humiliating his 19-year-old players every night on national television.

Yet those players tend to give Huggs a "hug" before every game.....amazing......you have issues with it, they don't.......now go ask for your lollypop and last place trophy.

I believe the one who ceaselessly throws hissy fits about officiating is in more need of a lollypop. And the one who blames only others for losses is more in line with 'last place trophies.'

I believe the one who ceaselessly throws hissy fits about officiating is in more need of a lollypop. And the one who blames only others for losses is more in line with 'last place trophies.'

You know nothing, and you only show up after we lose.........again, be gone.

Just the facts:

On 1/12/16, WVU shot 47 free throws, at least 40 by players no longer with the team, vs. No. 1 Kansas, which shot 21 free throws.

Question: If there is a conspiracy against WVU, then explain the numbers above.

Just the facts:

On 1/12/16, WVU shot 47 free throws, at least 40 by players no longer with the team, vs. No. 1 Kansas, which shot 21 free throws.

Who is freaking saying a conspiracy? It's just plain incompetence tonight........As Huggs said, the refs tell coaches before the season that "this this and this" are gonna be the emphasis and get called.......and tonight, that didn't happen.

And by the way, you don't belong here.......BE GONE......and stop switching your usernames, it's easily tracked.

Reactions: Phil
Who is freaking saying a conspiracy? It's just plain incompetence tonight........As Huggs said, the refs tell coaches before the season that "this this and this" are gonna be the emphasis and get called.......and tonight, that didn't happen.

And by the way, you don't belong here.......BE GONE......and stop switching your usernames, it's easily tracked.
Shut up already and quit telling people to leave. It's not your website or message board.

I have one handle, MountaineerHomer. Stop crying like an infant about the officials after every WVU loss.

Take a look at the FT difference.........yeah, go ahead and say I'm blaming the refs.......numbers don't lie........how about the FOUL on Dax not called at the end? Yeah, that's right.....F**K ALL YOU ALL

Dude you’ve officially lost it. Take a one week self imposed break brother.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Look in the mirror you miserable MFer.......you are the definition of a$$hole.......we freaking got screwed and your hatred of Huggins prevents you from seeing it. Put your WVU shirt on ebay for sale you pissy little pussy.

Do you talk like this to everybody. You are the biggest internet tough guy I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
The number of Kansas free throws could possibly be explained by WVU's style but the fact that WVU had two free throws really can't be explained by anyone.
Higgins affect

Normally I would agree with this. However, Higgins wasn't that bad tonight. He did let Bolden get away with a lot. I was absolutely shocked. The other holder looking red (don't know his name) was horrible..both ways.

We just can't close out a game.

Just the facts:

I was at that game. WVU had a huge lead and Bill Self tried to take advantage of our poor free throw shooting team and started fouling us everytime we had the ball with over 3 minutes to play. Unfortunately for him it didnt work. Thus the disparity.

Just the facts:

I'm not saying conspiracy. But 2 years ago did KU shoot 0 in first half? Did they shoot 2 for the entire game? No.

35 to 2 is crazy impossible. As a matter of fact it's the lowest foul discrepancy in a KU game since Big 12 started.

I'm not saying conspiracy. But 2 years ago did KU shoot 0 in first half? Did they shoot 2 for the entire game? No.

35 to 2 is crazy impossible. As a matter of fact it's the lowest foul discrepancy in a KU game since Big 12 started.
Did Kansas shoot 47 free throws, as WVU did in Morgantown in 2016? No. That is an outrageously high number of free throw attempts, especially when you consider that this total did not include any technical free throws. Why did WVU shoot so many free throws? According to Huggins, it was because WVU drove the ball to the basket:

"'I thought it gave us the best chance to win,' Huggins said. 'I think the way the game's being called, it's hard to guard the ball. We tried to kind of revamp some things and keep them spread to try to be able to get guys to the basket.'
An emphasis on driving the ball to the basket paid off for the Mountaineers, who outscored Kansas 33-13 from the free throw line.

'I thought it gave us the best chance to win,' Huggins said. 'I think the way the game's being called, it's hard to guard the ball. We tried to kind of revamp some things and keep them spread to try to be able to get guys to the basket.'"

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400830916

Contrast the game in Morgantown in 2016, with last night's game when WVU's best weapon was sinking perimeter jumpers, particularly three-point shots. You just don't get many whistles, especially on the Road, when you shoot so many jump shots.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Did Kansas shoot 47 free throws, as WVU did in Morgantown in 2016? No. That is an outrageously high number of free throw attempts, especially when you consider that this total did not include any technical free throws. Why did WVU shoot so many free throws? According to Huggins, it was because WVU drove the ball to the basket:

"'I thought it gave us the best chance to win,' Huggins said. 'I think the way the game's being called, it's hard to guard the ball. We tried to kind of revamp some things and keep them spread to try to be able to get guys to the basket.'
An emphasis on driving the ball to the basket paid off for the Mountaineers, who outscored Kansas 33-13 from the free throw line.

'I thought it gave us the best chance to win,' Huggins said. 'I think the way the game's being called, it's hard to guard the ball. We tried to kind of revamp some things and keep them spread to try to be able to get guys to the basket.'"

Contrast the game in Morgantown in 2016, with last night's game when WVU's best weapon was sinking perimeter jumpers, particularly three-point shots. You just don't get many whistles, especially on the Road, when you shoot so many jump shots.

WVU shot only 4 more 3s last nite than KU, and had 10 more 2 point attempts than KU.

Well boys and girls OSU makes an overwhelming argument to stop the emotional breakdown routine that is very common here in homerville. Looks like the argument needs to be on the calls themselves and not the quantity. So it makes sense that yesterday’s game plan by WVU worked against fouls being called on Kansas. So where the where the calls against WVU poor calls?

OSU clearly puts to rest the disparity issue that has driven homer literally nuts. Thanks for clearing that up for me OSU.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Well boys and girls OSU makes an overwhelming argument to stop the emotional breakdown routine that is very common here in homerville. Looks like the argument needs to be on the calls themselves and not the quantity. So it makes sense that yesterday’s game plan by WVU worked against fouls being called on Kansas. So where the where the calls against WVU poor calls?

OSU clearly puts to rest the disparity issue that has driven homer literally nuts. Thanks for clearing that up for me OSU.

OSU cleared up nothing. I explained above why there was such a foul disparity in the game in Morgantown.
You 2 didn't like my answer because it doesn't fit your narrative. So you both just ignore and keep talking.

ADVERTISEMENT