ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU @ Kansas

It is like a bad dream happening over and over again. We just have no offense when we have a lead. No one to go to. Ahmad needs to get out and get harris and west in at the same time.

Hey Huggins, I know you walk on water in WV for some ungodly reason, but when your team has had five years worth of second-half collapses within a 12 game stretch, perhaps the way YOU coach is the problem.

Take a look at the FT difference.........yeah, go ahead and say I'm blaming the refs.......numbers don't lie........how about the FOUL on Dax not called at the end? Yeah, that's right.....F**K ALL YOU ALL

Take a look at the FT difference.........yeah, go ahead and say I'm blaming the refs.......numbers don't lie........how about the FOUL on Dax not called at the end? Yeah, that's right.....F**K ALL YOU ALL
This pissy, bullshit excuse would work a few times a year, and you say the same shit every loss. Perhaps the FT differences are a RESULT OF OUR TERRIBLE APPROACH TO DEFENSE.

It's like this, you know you think you deal with so many assholes in your daily life? Well, when everyone is an asshole, maybe it's you.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You're not going to beat a team like Kansas on their home court without beating the officials too. WVU should have won and could have but there's still no excuse for some of those calls.

That last one that they didn't call, pathetic.

Pathetic display of officiating...yeah we had our problems...always do with 5 minutes left. The stripes gave KU 10 points. Free throw disparity an absolute joke. Again. Can't really drink enough to make this go away. It's sad that I actually expected just exactly what happened.

This pissy, bullshit excuse would work a few times a year, and you say the same shit every loss. Perhaps the FT differences are a RESULT OF OUR TERRIBLE APPROACH TO DEFENSE.

It's like this, you know you think you deal with so many assholes in your daily life? Well, when everyone is an asshole, maybe it's you.

Look in the mirror you miserable MFer.......you are the definition of a$$hole.......we freaking got screwed and your hatred of Huggins prevents you from seeing it. Put your WVU shirt on ebay for sale you pissy little pussy.

You guys got screwed glad Huggins let the rooferee an crew have it. Hard to beat 8 on 5 sucks the better team didnt get the win. Nobody will want to have to play WVU on a neutral court in the tournament. I'm a UK fan and I hope you guys aint in our bracket.

Refs are calling ticky tack fouls? What's our response to the second half of the season? F**k adjustments, just keep pounding that square peg into that round hole.

We just suck when we go into clock wasting mode. We need to take shots as if we still have three quarters of a game left.

As I've said before, most over-rated team in the most over-rated conference. Has too many players who come up small when the game is on the line.

Here's the deal. It is a sure loss when you start trying to protect your 10 point lead by letting Carter run the clock down to 4 seconds and then go into the panic mode. I have watched the Mountaineers try this antic time after time only to throw the game away. Huggins can't see this? Then I'm sorry. Warez

Refs are calling ticky tack fouls? What's our response to the second half of the season? F**k adjustments, just keep pounding that square peg into that round hole.

Freaking explain 35-2........seriously, F**KING explain that?

Someone has to figure out an offense for the last five minutes of ANY game! Not just Carter sitting at the top a dribbling time away until he drives and dishes to someone or throws up a bad shot. There has to be something they do better than that. The Kansas big guy was tired and yet nothing in to Konate who had a lot of rest because of the fouls in the second half.

Someone has to figure out an offense for the last five minutes of ANY game! Not just Carter sitting at the top a dribbling time away until he drives and dishes to someone or throws up a bad shot. There has to be something they do better than that. The Kansas big guy was tired and yet nothing in to Konate who had a lot of rest because of the fouls in the second half.

Konate didn't want any part of KU big man tonight. Settled for jumpers all night.

Esa was not in the game tonight. Worst I have ever seen JC play. Teddy Allen? Did he even get in the game?

Last edited:
Look in the mirror you miserable MFer.......you are the definition of a$$hole.......we freaking got screwed and your hatred of Huggins prevents you from seeing it. Put your WVU shirt on ebay for sale you pissy little pussy.
These. excuses. would. work. only. a. handful. of. times. a. season. IT. HAPPENS. TO. US. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. HALL. OF. FAME. COACHES. SHOULD. BE. ABLE. TO. ADJUST. THEIR. GAMEPLAN. TO. ACCOMODATE. THE. OFFICIATING.

THIS. ISN'T. A. SURPRISE. GAME. TO. GAME.

You would demand Holgs immediate termination if he responded the same way.

These. excuses. would. work. only. a. handful. of. times. a. season. IT. HAPPENS. TO. US. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. HALL. OF. FAME. COACHES. SHOULD. BE. ABLE. TO. ADJUST. THEIR. GAMEPLAN. TO. ACCOMODATE. THE. OFFICIATING.

THIS. ISN'T. A. SURPRISE. GAME. TO. GAME.

You would demand Holgs immediate termination if he responded the same way.

You are a pathetic piece of sh!t........WVU would be better without you......be gone. And don't come begging back come March.

Funny how nobody is discussing the 30 FT differential, when we lose by 8 points (many of those points late at the FT line)...........so, if we get to the line 15-18 times, you guys would be mute tonight.

The difference in the game was when Uziwhatever came back in with Kansas down 10 and Huggs left Routt in the game. By the time he got Konate back in, it was too late. The free throw discrepancy is because they throw the ball into the lane and we settle for difficult shots from 25 feet and clear outs for Carter at the end of the game. He's better off playing Teddy Allen at the 5. He can't guard it but at least he could score some points to offset it. Routt and Bender can't do either.

The difference in the game was when Uziwhatever came back in with Kansas down 10 and Huggs left Routt in the game. By the time he got Konate back in, it was too late. The free throw discrepancy is because they throw the ball into the lane and we settle for difficult shots from 25 feet and clear outs for Carter at the end of the game. He's better off playing Teddy Allen at the 5. He can't guard it but at least he could score some points to offset it. Routt and Bender can't do either.

Explain the foul on Lamont West against the KU big man 25 feet from the basket......you remember, the FLOP! WVU gets hit in the freaking face 5 times with no calls, and this 280 LBS 7 footer falls to the ground like a bus hit him and gets the call. He runs over Konate and no call.

The number of Kansas free throws could possibly be explained by WVU's style but the fact that WVU had two free throws really can't be explained by anyone.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
Look, I'm not saying the refs didn't suck. They did. But the time to ride their ass isn't with 4 seconds left. For some reason, we refuse to throw the ball into the block to Konate. He works hard, posts up, we stare him down and throw around the perimeter. Then, when he's out, we throw into the paint to Routt who hasn't made a basket since high school? Who has no move, no shot, no defense, no reason in the world for even being on the floor. These backup bigs we have couldn't start for Bluefield State or whoever it is in the bottom of the WV Conference this year. These backup bigs get the ball 17 feet from the basket and just stand there with it - don't even take it to Uziwhatever who is sitting back under the basket eating some popcorn.

Look, I'm not saying the refs didn't suck. They did. But the time to ride their ass isn't with 4 seconds left. For some reason, we refuse to throw the ball into the block to Konate. He works hard, posts up, we stare him down and throw around the perimeter. Then, when he's out, we throw into the paint to Routt who hasn't made a basket since high school? Who has no move, no shot, no defense, no reason in the world for even being on the floor. These backup bigs we have couldn't start for Bluefield State or whoever it is in the bottom of the WV Conference this year. These backup bigs get the ball 17 feet from the basket and just stand there with it - don't even take it to Uziwhatever who is sitting back under the basket eating some popcorn.

To be honest, though, Macon was supposed to be back this year so it wasn't like WVU was recruiting a big man to be in the mix for this year.

Instead we try to take it at him with 6 foot guards... doesn't make sense. Leave Konate in the game until he fouls out. I know he needs to come out some for breathers - that's the time to bring in Allen. Or Harris. Or West. Then, when he's ready, fall down and grab a calf for some "cramps" to get him back in without having to call a timeout.

Konate's backups bring absolutely nothing to this team. If a team is lucky, it will have a big who can score and defend. Most teams have one that can do one or the other. Routt and Bender do neither. Not only are they liabilities on both ends of the court physically, they also seem to be completely lost and stand out as bad decision makers on a team of bad decision makers.

Really? He was still going to be a senior. Would have been wonderful having him - it would have made a terrific difference this year. But, to think these two had what it takes - that's just bad.

Konate's backups bring absolutely nothing to this team. If a team is lucky, it will have a big who can score and defend. Most teams have one that can do one or the other. Routt and Bender do neither. Not only are they liabilities on both ends of the court physically, they also seem to be completely lost and stand out as bad decision makers on a team of bad decision makers.

Exactly!

I'd trade Allen's lack of defense for some points. More than what we get out of either backup. It would be different if it was one game but this has been a whole season's worth of bad games - for both. Against the division II schools we played earlier their lack of talent wasn't as obvious. Now - its more than apparent.

Really? He was still going to be a senior. Would have been wonderful having him - it would have made a terrific difference this year. But, to think these two had what it takes - that's just bad.

Yes, he had one year of eligibility left and decided to forego his senior year. He and Konate would have been a nice one-two combo in the post.

ADVERTISEMENT