ADVERTISEMENT

WVU goes 10-2 and their reward is an unranked Miami team?

The only thing holding Mike Harley back from decommitting from WVU is that WVU offered him a long time ago. But he has said numerous times that he is glad he finally got the Miami offer he has always wanted and will make a decision after he takes his Miami OV.

No offense, but that isn't correct either....

The only thing holding Mike Harley back from decommitting from WVU is that WVU offered him a long time ago. But he has said numerous times that he is glad he finally got the Miami offer he has always wanted and will make a decision after he takes his Miami OV.
Harley had offers already from Miami and Michigan when he chose WVU. He said Miami and Michigan finished 2nd and 3rd.

Sometimes hard to get excited about playing some Big 12 teams as well, Bowl tie in's are tied to $$$$, ........ Always follow the $$.
If bowl tie ins are (so much) about the $, then how stupid would any bowl have to be to not provide 'Eers vs Panthers. Russell Ath. Bowl is snorting. Settling for much less $. Would have sold out instead. Just prove to the ACC that

We%20are%20big%2012_zps0wx6drqi.png

If bowl tie ins are (so much) about the $, then how stupid would any bowl have to be to not provide 'Eers vs Panthers. Russell Ath. Bowl is snorting. Settling for much less $. Would have sold out instead. Just prove to the ACC that

We%20are%20big%2012_zps0wx6drqi.png
Pitt doesn't travel. There won't be more interest in TV viewing if Pitt is there. Miami is better for Orlando, better for TV viewership, better for game attendance.

Pitt doesn't travel. There won't be more interest in TV viewing if Pitt is there. Miami is better for Orlando, better for TV viewership, better for game attendance.
Pitt won't travel to the Brawl? (LOL!)

And our previous coach beat ranked teams......don't forget that stat.

Previous coach was 2-2 against ranked teams counting Fiesta.

Current coach 6-15. Current coach is playing ranked teams every year. 21 ranked teams in 6 years. AMAZING! That is 3.5 a year, 4 rounded up and 3 rounded down.

Previous coach only played 4 in 3 years and one of those was OU in Fiesta.

I'd like to see them eliminate bowl tie-ins, Big 12 bowl tie-ins are awful. And why can't we at least get Pitt instead of Miami?

Part of the problem is the difference between the way the two conferences handle their bowl bids. Big Xii bowls get to "pick" the best available team they see as fit for their bowl when their turn comes up. Other than the Sugar, Liberty and Russell Athletic bowl tie-ins they tend to be very "Texas Centric"; most of the bowls within an easy drive of Tejas.

ACC has a crazy set up where they have "optional" bowls available when certain bowls pick either B1G teams or the ACC plays a B1G team in the Orange/Citrus bowl. They also segment their bowls by tier, with the top teams that aren't in the CFP or Orange/Citrus bowls being assigned to First Tier Bowls or Second Tier bowls. They even have another option available (Third Tier) to get teams into other bowls if there aren't enough teams to fill slots from participating conferences. (Big Xii has this too with the Heart of Dallas Bowl, another Texas bowl)

Russell Athletic Bowl is the #2 ACC bowl, but with Clemson in the CFP, FSU & Lousiville in the Orange and Citrus respectively, the RAB falls to Miami.

How would you like to be VT, playing in the ACC CG and relegated to the Belk Bowl against Arkansas?

False, Mike Harley got offered by Miami last month. He did not have a Miami offer when he committed to WVU.
Yeah, it sound like he's about to jump any day now. His tweet from yesterday...
"It's official. Dana Holgorsen agrees to a five year extension with @WVUfootball. #InDanaWeTrust #UnfinishedBusiness"

From June 26, 2016...

"St. Thomas Aquinas three-star wide receiver Mike Harley announced a commitment to West Virginia on Sunday.

"The 5-9, 155-pound speedster chose the Mountaineers out of a total of 27 offers, including Miami, Michigan, Utah, South Carolina, Missouri and Louisville.

"As recently as March, Harley had listed the Hurricanes as his top choice. He said, along with Michigan, they finished in second and third behind WVU."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...nas-harley-commits-to-wvu-20160626-story.html

Reactions: popmurtha
Yeah, it sound like he's about to jump any day now. His tweet from yesterday...
"It's official. Dana Holgorsen agrees to a five year extension with @WVUfootball. #InDanaWeTrust #UnfinishedBusiness"

From June 26, 2016...

"St. Thomas Aquinas three-star wide receiver Mike Harley announced a commitment to West Virginia on Sunday.

"The 5-9, 155-pound speedster chose the Mountaineers out of a total of 27 offers, including Miami, Michigan, Utah, South Carolina, Missouri and Louisville.

"As recently as March, Harley had listed the Hurricanes as his top choice. He said, along with Michigan, they finished in second and third behind WVU."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...nas-harley-commits-to-wvu-20160626-story.html

Sorry buddy, he didn't have an offer. That's a fact. A quick look at the latest story on Canesport about him would prove that to you.

Yeah, I think I'll take the Sun Sentinel's word for it.

Take the medias word that Hillary's gonna win as well
Yes because there is a direct correlation be the facts surrounding a recruit and the presidential election polls. BTW, Canesport is the daily kos of sports journalism.

Harley will be a Cane in the end. The coaches showed up to his house and explained to him and his father (who was butt hurt the most) why it took so long for his son to get an offer. Everything has been smoothed over. The kid is a Cane Lock! Anywho, it should be a good game, that said, we are favored for a reason. Even being unranked.

I simply can't believe the last 2 or 3 Canes fans in existence actually showed up...here? Lead by skibbers or whatever... They sure as hell don't show at the stadium! As pathetic as sPitt this 'bunch'....

Yeah, you hillbillies would want the Pitt team Miami beat 51-28... Get ready for Miami to curb stomp you bums..

I'm starting to understand why WVU is embarrassed that Marshall is in WV. Kind of an embarrassment and I feel bad for the state of WV.

Harley will be a Cane in the end. The coaches showed up to his house and explained to him and his father (who was butt hurt the most) why it took so long for his son to get an offer. Everything has been smoothed over. The kid is a Cane Lock! Anywho, it should be a good game, that said, we are favored for a reason. Even being unranked.

So they explained that a team that likely had...what...20-25 schollies available each recruiting season but didn't see fit to offer a 4 star WR in their own backyard until a few months before signing day?

Yeah...I'm sure that went well.

BTW....when was the last time Miami put a WR in the NFL that did anything? I would guess Andre Johnson. To a 18yo kid that might as well be during the Carter administration.

So they explained that a team that likely had...what...20-25 schollies available each recruiting season but didn't see fit to offer a 4 star WR in their own backyard until a few months before signing day?

BTW....when was the last time Miami put a WR in the NFL that did anything? I would guess Andre Johnson. To a 18yo kid that might as well be during the Carter administration.

Ever heard of Allen Hurns or Phillip Dorsett?

Reactions: Uswagpak

The reality is, Miami recruits at a higher level than WVU, and kids understand the process. They may be a top priority for schools like WVU, but a Plan B for other schools. The kids are okay with this.

Reactions: Uswagpak
The reality is, Miami recruits at a higher level than WVU, and kids understand the process. They may be a top priority for schools like WVU, but a Plan B for other schools. The kids are okay with this......until they aren't

FIFY

Miami circa 1995 could absolutely do that. This ain't 1995 Miami and that team and era ain't coming back. So pretend Miami has that kind of swag still, but NO ONE outside of the 305 gives a hot turd about 1995 Miami. You don't go a decade with doing squat and expect that kind of response from a 4 or 5 star player.

But I guess we'll see....

Harley had offers already from Miami and Michigan when he chose WVU. He said Miami and Michigan finished 2nd and 3rd.

Harley was offered by Richt staff just a couple weeks ago. His original offer was by Golden and then pulled by Golden before he was fired

Travis Benjamin? Philip Dorsett?

Travis Benjamin? Philip Dorsett?

Wow. Apparently I need to clarify "anything."

I'll help you out. If you have to ask if I've heard of them, they probably don't qualify.

Benjamin isn't bad. Stedman minus his shooting was better.

I won't ask if you've heard of Tavon Austin or Kevin White....but our 4 star recruit has.

Stedman was facing being released from the Team, the shooting made that decision easier.

Tavon should have never signed that extension but he probably wouldnt have saw that money in the Open Market. Remind me what has he done this year again.

Kevin White has been nothing but a bust.

Do you want to continue?

ADVERTISEMENT