ADVERTISEMENT

WVU goes 10-2 and their reward is an unranked Miami team?

bEER_Nation13

All-American
Mar 2, 2012
What a joke.

I'd like to see them eliminate bowl tie-ins, Big 12 bowl tie-ins are awful. And why can't we at least get Pitt instead of Miami? Brawl is more exciting and Pitt would bring more fans than Miami. WVU would sell more tickets if the opponent was Pitt instead of Miami too

Wonder if both WVU and Pitt can decline their bowl bids and play each other at Heinz Field for the Backyard Brawl Ketchup Bowl? Place would sell out and would be 100x more exciting than RAB vs unranked Miami.

Seriously? The chance to beat a top team.

Why? We aren't in the Playoffs. Miami is a good team....

No one is going to remember that WVU beat a #17 team or a #12.....

It looks like we will get either Pitt, Louisville, or Miami....... we don't control it and neither does a selection process..... its ALL ABOUT HOW THE DOMINOES FALL IN THE ACC

Just beat who you draw at this point. It's about tie ins and money now

Last edited:
Reactions: Die HardEER
Why? We aren't in the Playoffs. Miami is a good team....

No one is going to remember that WVU beat a #17 team or a #12.....

Just beat who you draw at this point. It's about tie ins and money now
Not for me. I want to see a great game against a top opponent. Do you think fans are more excited to play YSU or OU? I'm guessing we won't travel well to play Miami.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Not for me. I want to see a great game against a top opponent. Do you think fans are more excited to play YSU or OU? I'm guessing we won't travel well to play Miami.

Great analogy, comparing Ou to YSU

Seeems you really have a good argument

Again, it all depends on who finishes where in their conference..... so for the OP to be throwing his tinfoil hat on already and calling the selection crappy...... is comical, considering there's no selection. The field of play decides the matchups

Great analogy, comparing Ou to YSU

Seeems you really have a good argument
You obviously missed the point. I didn't compare OU to YSU. I compared fan excitement for the YSU game to fan excitement for the OU game. Further, that's not an analogy. Those are two real events which took place mentioned to prove the point that opponents matter.

If you can't get excited to play Miami in FL

Well....
Again, you miss the point. It's about level of excitement. Are fans going to be excited to see WVU? Yes. Are they going to be excited enough to go to the game? I'm guess the turnout will be poor.

What a joke.

I'd like to see them eliminate bowl tie-ins, Big 12 bowl tie-ins are awful. And why can't we at least get Pitt instead of Miami? Brawl is more exciting and Pitt would bring more fans than Miami. WVU would sell more tickets if the opponent was Pitt instead of Miami too

Wonder if both WVU and Pitt can decline their bowl bids and play each other at Heinz Field for the Backyard Brawl Ketchup Bowl? Place would sell out and would be 100x more exciting than RAB vs unranked Miami.
I dunno man. I always hated Miami. Still do. Bunch of cheaters.

Be careful with your view on Miami. If the Mountaineers do in fact play the Hurricanes, believe me..................the Canes will come to play. I know the fans would rather be playing Bama but................................

hqdefault.jpg

A classic Big East battle - the 'canes from South Florida and the mountain men of West Virginia.

Keep in mind....

WVU is the same team who didn't beat a single ranked opponent this season.

I'd much rather beat Miami than lose to a ranked team

Keep in mind....

So, you really don't think WVU is that good? You don't think WVU can beat a ranked team? Too bad we couldn't get into the Air Force Reserves Celebration Bowl against Grambling State.

Keep in mind....

Howard is a basket case right now....how about if we lose to an unranked Miami?

Go ahead and find the silver lining in that shit sammich.

To your argument....this is about what we deserve for not showing up when it counted.

Our previous coach never won 10 games on schedules much softer than this one

Our previous coach refused to fire inept staff members.

Our previous coach led WVU to 7 whole points with the same weapons that Dana scored 70 with

I wish people would just let our previous coach rest in peace. He was a great Mountaineer.

Our previous coach never won 10 games on schedules much softer than this one

Our previous coach refused to fire inept staff members.

Our previous coach led WVU to 7 whole points with the same weapons that Dana scored 70 with

And our previous coach beat ranked teams......don't forget that stat.

Keep in mind....

Me too ... and a win over Miami in the RAB would be a real boon to recruiting in Florida. National signing day is February 1... right?

We beat Miami and depending on how a few other teams do we still have a realistic shot of finishing in, or very near, the Top Ten ... and we have a leg up on recruiting in Florida this year.

The AP has us at 14 and the coaches poll has us at 12.

What a joke.

Yeah .... beating Pitt in Florida will really help our recruiting in Florida.

Weak Pivot. Dana faced as many ranked opponents in the 2015 season alone than Stew did in three years

So, you are saying FACING ranked teams and LOSING is better than WINNING when you DO face them? OK.....

Hey, I'm not saying anything negative on Holgerson....but your stance is that we have had a great season. It's been GOOD, not great.

And our previous coach beat ranked teams......don't forget that stat.

wrong again, amateur

Stew had one, single victory as a HC against a team that finished the season as a ranked opponent - 2010 Pitt

One

Meanwhile our current HC is heading us to another 11 win, GREAT season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT