ADVERTISEMENT

RIVALS West Virginia's Neal Brown just might be cooling off his once sizzling seat

Dabo will kill off Clemson if he doesn't change to the new way of legal cheating. The old style pay the players but don't let me know style that he uses no longer works.

Clemson 0-2 in ACC.

If every victory brings about this question then the answer is already provided. How far has WVU Fallen where winning three games in a row is considered a job saving thing for a coach? Winning three games in a row used to be commonplace. It happened every year

Reactions: locustwv
Win on the road against a good TCU team I think it cools a little but I’m pretty sure it’s still very hot. He needs an amazing season for it to cool completely.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If every victory brings about this question then the answer is already provided. How far has WVU Fallen where winning three games in a row is considered a job saving thing for a coach? Winning three games in a row used to be commonplace. It happened every year
Cignetti won 3 or more in a row 1 time
Don Nehlen won 3 or more in a row 18 times
Rich Rod won 3 or more in a row 8 times
Bill Stewart won 3 or more in a row 4 times
Dana Holgorsen won 3 or more in a row 10 times
Neal won 3 or more in a row 1 time

Bill Stewart 16-9 against what they consider P5 teams today
Rod was 37-25 against what they consider P5 teams today
Dana 45-41 against what they consider P5 teams today
Neal 19-26 against what they consider P5 teams today

Neal still on a very hot seat in my opinion and will be unless he wins 7 or more. Then his seat will be warm but not butt burning. Shane Lyons should be sued for his move of his salary adjustment for Neal Brown.

Cignetti won 3 or more in a row 1 time
Don Nehlen won 3 or more in a row 18 times
Rich Rod won 3 or more in a row 8 times
Bill Stewart won 3 or more in a row 4 times
Dana Holgorsen won 3 or more in a row 10 times
Neal won 3 or more in a row 1 time

Bill Stewart 16-9 against what they consider P5 teams today
Rod was 37-25 against what they consider P5 teams today
Dana 45-41 against what they consider P5 teams today
Neal 19-26 against what they consider P5 teams today

Neal still on a very hot seat in my opinion and will be unless he wins 7 or more. Then his seat will be warm but not butt burning. Shane Lyons should be sued for his move of his salary adjustment for Neal Brown.
I cant say I disagree, but my thing for WVU admin is, does the buyout get cheaper if he wins less than 7? In my mind 7 wins isnt a very good season especially with the B12 having a big down year. WVU is going to have to take the pill, imo. Neal Brown might end up with a decent record this season but its not because his coaching suddenly got better. We will lose more in ticket sales than his buyout at some point. This cant go on another 4 years. It will be very hard to climb out of the shitter.

Last edited:
What did Gordon Gee get to you Vern?
What exactly is surprising? Each win cools off his seat each loss warms it up. Most in the national media and most on here said we would lose to Pitt and Ttech which would put us at 1-3. We have been better than most of the country had expected to this point. If he keeps winning it will continue to cool.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I can't fathom why. If this same team played last year's schedule, they are 2-2 after being handily beaten by Pitt and Kansas while easily beating Towson and likely handily beating VT. That seat may not be getting hotter, but it certainly shouldn't be cooling.
Nothing but speculation on your part. The defense has been much better this year than last. Last year are secondary couldn't stop anyone.

What exactly is surprising? Each win cools off his seat each loss warms it up. Most in the national media and most on here said we would lose to Pitt and Ttech which would put us at 1-3. We have been better than most of the country had expected to this point. If he keeps winning it will continue to cool.
We beat teams that are a combined 2-6. Seat cools for… possibly not being terrible after being mostly terrible for 4 years? We are a poverty program.

We beat teams that are a combined 2-6. Seat cools for… possibly not being terrible after being mostly terrible for 4 years? We are a poverty program.
The seat cools after every win whether you like it or not. Just because it cools doesn't mean it still isn't hot. Like it or not his seat is not as hot as it was before the season started.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT