ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Pittsburgh

That is the definition of not being a fan.

You want Wins...
WVU won you complain about not enough yards.
If WVU wins but only scores 17 you complain about not being able to score. But forget that the defense shutdown the opponent.
If WVU wins and allows 2 drives for the only 6 points scored against them you bitch because they allowed it to a team that's not good.

There are no perfect games only 1 team scores more than the other and that's what matters.

I don't understand why certain posters attack the team after a win due to not enough stats for their own ego.

This game mattered to WVU and was perhaps Neal Browns biggest win for fans regardless how good Pitty Kitty was or wasn't. The atmosphere was A+ and has not been like that since Neal has been here.

Does this win show the what a failure the rest of the season will become or show the success that might come? Will WVU tank the rest of the year against teams that are not even as good as Pitt? It's hard to tell as Brown has never won 3 straight nor has he beaten Tech. Nobody knows is the simple answer.

Do I know Neal has done a poor job in his 4 plus years? No doubt about it and if not for the former AD ignorance in year 2 of Neal Brown then he would be gone already.

I do know it pisses you off that WVU won and might win some more and causes them not to fire your most hated coach.

This is college, not the NFL, we play opponents of wildly different levels of quality. Had we been more competitive with PSU, I wouldn’t be as sour with not blowing out an inept Pitt team that teed us up in their territory 5 times. The atmosphere? Lol it’s the first time we have played Pitt at home in about a decade, we could have trotted out University High to play them and the atmosphere would have been electric.

How teams win and vs who matters, like if you want to delude yourself into thinking that’s a quality victory then go ahead, but not being a complete fanboy anytime we beat someone doesn’t mean I want to see WVU fail or whatever else you want to project onto someone who isn’t impressed. We’ll see how the season goes, someone will be right and someone will be wrong. I don’t mind being wrong.

Last edited:
This is college, not the NFL, we play opponents of wildly different levels of quality. The atmosphere? Lol it’s the first time we have played Pitt at home in about a decade, we could have trotted out University High to play them and the atmosphere would have been electric.

How teams win and vs who matters, like if you want to delude yourself into thinking that’s a quality victory then go ahead, but not being a complete fanboy anytime we beat someone doesn’t mean I want to see WVU fail or whatever else you want to project onto someone who isn’t impressed. We’ll see how the season goes, someone will be right and someone will be wrong. I don’t mind being wrong.
University High would not have had the 61,000 plus in the stands. If you want to continue putting down wins then do so. It's a quality win due to the factors of past Neal failures.

You obviously can't read because you're blind with hatred. I didn't see anyone that was ecstatic with this win say the season will now be a success. They just wanted to celebrate a win.

It's apparent you're a fan boy of Rodriguez. The guy who caught lighting in a bottle only to lose it all when he left.

I'm done with you so enjoy your misery.

• Haha
Reactions: xWVU2010x
you have never praised Neal Brown for anything ever..you called him a clown two days ago..well speaking for the clown..Scoreboard Bitches!
Well now I know you are just spouting stuff. I was really pumped when we hired Brown. I was a vocal climb truster for his first 3 seasons, but after that I noticed a lot of things that pointed to him being in over his head here. He has done nothing at this point to make me think he will have a team who competes for the B12 regularly, or ever actually. In fact the only real evidence looks like we will be the same as the last 4 years for the most part. I love the team, love our players, love watching them play and always root for them. But I'm tired of watching those poor kids go into games looking unprepared while their HC makes every excuse in the book. That is not WVU football, imo.

How is it constructive criticism if all you are doing is making up names for the coaches and players and fans that follow WVU. Everyone knows it's been below expectation. Neal probably should have been fired after year 4 in my opinion. He wasn't, so I'll support the team and hope for the best. I don't see super success this coming season even after this win. I also don't see any team on the schedule they can't beat except Oklahoma. Will they beat those teams? Not sure about that because history has shown differently.

That Pitt game was the best crowd atmosphere in Browns tenure while here.

This was my post game post. You can makes up crap all you want, but I enjoyed the win and had a great time for the game, but yes of course I still think Neal sucks. It was an awesome game, but very slow, sloppy and boring. Any fan of footbal can see that. If you cant handle the truth, stop bothering me. Put me on ignore snowflake.

Good win! My goodness their QB sucks lol. What a loser! Definitely a bad Pitt team and I'm glad we won. That was fun! Good times
Neal still sucks though. Boringest coach ever 😆

I support the team and during the season, the coach of the team wishing them the best. I am realistic knowing we are a mid level Big 12 team in the conference and expecting perfection is idiotic. I will offer constructive criticism as quickly as I offer praise when warranted. I won't attack others for an honest opinion as I enjoy the conversation. So you are hating on the wrong guy.
I have never attacked anyone for supporting Neal Brown or trusting the climb. I've defended myself and others from a lot of attacks and name calling though.

I have never attacked anyone for supporting Neal Brown or trusting the climb. I've defended myself and others from a lot of attacks and name calling though.
You called me 120% full of it. I have a thick skin but that is an attack. I will get over it but not being honest with claims can be an issue

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVU won vs Pitt. Everyone can go back to the fire Brown cheers and the we suck threads after this Saturday.

You called me 120% full of it. I have a thick skin but that is an attack. I will get over it but not being honest with claims can be an issue
I didnt call you 120% full of it because of your like for Neal Brown. If you have thick skin then leave it alone when they make a comment about the worst coach WVU has ever had. He has actually earned it over the course of 4 years. I didnt see a single person on any social media only point out the bad by the way. Most people point out the good and bad in any given game, and that was a good win, but an ugly game. The climb trusters have been getting very offended when someone says something bad about Brown lately though.

Last edited:
WVU won vs Pitt. Everyone can go back to the fire Brown cheers and the we suck threads after this Saturday.
What I see on social media is that about 80-90% of fans still want Brown fired even after beating Pitt and they arent waiting for Satuday to express it. They do it while also enjoying the Pitt win at the same time. For some reason, certain people tried to label Pitt as a career-saving game for Brown. It didnt go over well within comments that I've seen on Fbook and twatter.

Does this 2-1 start make anyone feel like WVU is significantly better this year than last year? I see the same struggles and only the easier conference schedule this year compared to last makes me think WVU has any hope of doing better than 6-6.

Does this 2-1 start make anyone feel like WVU is significantly better this year than last year? I see the same struggles and only the easier conference schedule this year compared to last makes me think WVU has any hope of doing better than 6-6.
They have a better shot at being 6-6 than before. But they still need to find 4 wins in conference. It isn't going to be easy unless that defense continues to grow and the offense becomes productive. They will need to score 30 plus on Saturday against Texas Tech to have a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT