ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Pittsburgh

If Greene had not got injured would the score have been any different?
I think so. I think we would have won big and would have broke a big run. Neal didn’t take any chances with Nicco and kept it very vanilla. Honestly? Why not? He put Pitt in the situation to make plays and they couldn’t.

I wish we would have hit the play action late in the 4th, but Nicco did the right thing a slid in bounds.

So...explain what a cheap win is? I will wait.

You are just another WVU twat that is upset that we actually beat Pitt because you can't stand Brown.

I wish you so-callled fans would leave....
My guess when I read cheap win, is winning when the rival team is down and out like Pitt is now and VT was last year. You want to play and beat your biggest rivals when they are at their best especially when you dont play them much anymore. Or at least some people do. It is uncalled for to call people names for thinking different than you. What really is the point of it? If it bother you don't post. You don't see the people who are over neal brown hounding the climb trusters and calling them names.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
My guess when I read cheap win, is winning when the rival team is down and out like Pitt is now and VT was last year. You want to play and beat your biggest rivals when they are at their best especially when you dont play them much anymore. Or at least some people do. It is uncalled for to call people names for thinking different than you. What really is the point of it? If it bother you don't post. You don't see the people who are over neal brown hounding the climb trusters and calling them names.
LMAO....yeah...never seen Brown called a clown on here.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So...explain what a cheap win is? I will wait.

You are just another WVU twat that is upset that we actually beat Pitt because you can't stand Brown.

I wish you so-callled fans would leave....

A cheap win is beating a terrible Pitt team where if the name wasn’t “Pitt” people wouldn’t give the slightest crap about this game, and if anything probably annoyed that we again failed to break 20 points despite being setup deep in opponent territory by an inept opposing offense about 5 times.

It wasn't a cheap win. Any win against a rival is a good win. Game could have been lost. The Brown bashers and anti-WVU fans on this board will be negative on everything just because they hate and cannot or will not support this team and coach. He is our coach, he outcoached Narduzzi for the win, the players executed and outplayed their opponent. Onto Texas Tech and the team deserves support. If we have a losing season, bitch. Until then, STFU.

It wasn't a cheap win. Any win against a rival is a good win. Game could have been lost. The Brown bashers and anti-WVU fans on this board will be negative on everything just because they hate and cannot or will not support this team and coach. He is our coach, he outcoached Narduzzi for the win, the players executed and outplayed their opponent. Onto Texas Tech and the team deserves support. If we have a losing season, bitch. Until then, STFU.
Or you can wait until we have a winning season before telling the people who already have losing seasons 3 of 4 years to point to when they’re allowed to bitch about Brown. If you notice, I don’t feel the need to tell you or WVUFanForever what you’re allowed to think about this team. If you have nothing to contribute other than “we won, stfu”, then we’ll just see how the rest of the year goes. But IMO we are an unimpressive 2-1, and now we go into conference play where Brown is 14-21.

Or you can wait until we have a winning season before telling the people who already have losing seasons 3 of 4 years to point to when they’re allowed to bitch about Brown. If you notice, I don’t feel the need to tell you or WVUFanForever what you’re allowed to think about this team. If you have nothing to contribute other than “we won, stfu”, then we’ll just see how the rest of the year goes. But IMO we are an unimpressive 2-1, and now we go into conference play where Brown is 14-21.
you can think what you want. You can say what you want. I honestly can say I have no clue what your specific opinion is and my STFU wasn't necessarily pointed towards you. But on a WVU fan board after a good win, I am CONTRIBUTING a fact that it is a good win and the coach did a good job. It is objective based on fact. It is also objective based on fact that Brown needs to win this year and he knows it. Point is, support the team, make constructive comments about the coaching based on fact and not hatred as you wish and enjoy wins. Or misintepret my comments again. I don't care.

you can think what you want. You can say what you want. I honestly can say I have no clue what your specific opinion is and my STFU wasn't necessarily pointed towards you. But on a WVU fan board after a good win, I am CONTRIBUTING a fact that it is a good win and the coach did a good job. It is objective based on fact. It is also objective based on fact that Brown needs to win this year and he knows it. Point is, support the team, make constructive comments about the coaching based on fact and not hatred as you wish and enjoy wins. Or misintepret my comments again. I don't care.
We scored 17 points despite starting in Pitt territory 5 times. Our drive chart is as follows:

Punt
Downs
Punt
Fumble
Touchdown (1 play / 7 yards)
End of half
Touchdown (13 plays / 61 yards)
Field Goal (4 plays / 6 yards)
Punt
Punt
Downs
End of game

Do you believe we can get away with 1 good drive per game?

We scored 17 points despite starting in Pitt territory 5 times. Our drive chart is as follows:

Punt
Downs
Punt
Fumble
End of half
Punt
Punt
Downs
End of game

I believe we did enough to win with a QB that wasn't expected to play. If we would have lost, your question would be worth asking. It isn't at this point, IMO

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Between the Pitt and PSU games the efficiency with Greene in is very similar.
PSU has three All Americans..lets just see how many teams rush for 100+ on them this year..WVU is the only one thus far..last season they held 9 teams under 100 including Ohio St and they are better this yr..next up..... Iowa for them

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
PSU has three All Americans..lets just see how many teams rush for 100+ on them this year..WVU is the only one thus far..last season they held 9 teams under 100 including Ohio St and they are better this yr..next up..... Iowa for them
Psu also has 14 starters returning from a team that won the Rose Bowl. They will be competing for a top 10 finish and possibly a playoff spot if things go their way. Nobody we play from here on out is as good as that team.

A cheap win is beating a terrible Pitt team where if the name wasn’t “Pitt” people wouldn’t give the slightest crap about this game, and if anything probably annoyed that we again failed to break 20 points despite being setup deep in opponent territory by an inept opposing offense about 5 times.
Here's the problem with your theory....

It's a WIN not a loss.

Punt
Downs
Punt
Fumble
End of half
Punt
Punt
Downs
End of game

Pitt scored 6 points total...with 23 plays combined in those 2 drives.

Here's the big one for you since you love stats and numbers so pay attention...THIS IS THE ONE THAT REALLY MATTERS MOST

WVU 17 Pitt 6

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Was Pitt's win considered cheap last year? You are wrong on the setup deep in an opponents territory 5 times.

Points matter not your damn love of stats. Everyone knows there are problems but this is a win against a rival so shut up and enjoy.

Pitt scored 6 points total...with 23 plays combined in those 2 drives.

Here's the big one for you since you love stats and numbers so pay attention...THIS IS THE ONE THAT REALLY MATTERS MOST

WVU 17 Pitt 6

So to confirm, you believe we can continue to get by with 1 good drive per game?

Was Pitt's win considered cheap last year? You are wrong on the setup deep in an opponents territory 5 times.

Points matter not your damn love of stats. Everyone knows there are problems but this is a win against a rival so shut up and enjoy.
What record do you give us if we continue to have only 1 good offensive drive per game in the Big XII?

So to confirm, you believe we can continue to get by with 1 good drive per game?
Who said anything about winning the rest of the way?

WVU 17 Pitt 6 - big rival game that was picked as a loss by 99.99% of the people on this board. Enjoy the win take the games 1 at a time.

They won with back up QB with majority claiming they couldn't win with.

They won with defense with the majority claiming the Pitt QB would look like a Heisman candidate against them.

Pitt lost and WVU won and it's pissing off many WVU fans because they won a game.

I use to spout stats too but only thing that matters is who scored more points.

I'm enjoying this one until at least Saturday.

What record do you give us if we continue to have only 1 good offensive drive per game in the Big XII?
What record would you give us if we scored more points than our opponents.

I predicted 5-7 at the first of the year and still feel that is probably going to happen.

Enjoy the win.

What record would you give us if we scored more points than our opponents.

I predicted 5-7 at the first of the year and still feel that is probably going to happen.

Enjoy the win.

So you agree that we suck. The core issues with this program did not disappear because we beat a MAC team wearing Pitt uniforms.

So you agree that we suck. The core issues with this program did not disappear because we beat a MAC team wearing Pitt uniforms.
You should really just go be a Herd fan.

I'm enjoying this win.

You should really just go be a Herd fan.

I'm enjoying this win.
It’s possible to enjoy a win and laugh at Pitt’s failure while recognizing we are not good. Don’t understand why certain posters can’t accept team criticism just because we won.

It’s possible to enjoy a win and laugh at Pitt’s failure while recognizing we are not good. Don’t understand why certain posters can’t accept team criticism just because we won.
but we are good..lost the starting QB and still found a way to pull it out...WVU can run the ball on anyone because this is a top five offensive line.. NCAA limits practice time..20 hrs per week includes film sessions, strength and conditioning , and maybe two hours per day for just practice. no more pushing sleds until dark.Nicco got very few reps with the ones but he has this week

but we are good..lost the starting QB and still found a way to pull it out...WVU can run the ball on anyone because this is a top five offensive line.. NCAA limits practice time..20 hrs per week includes film sessions, strength and conditioning , and maybe two hours per day for just practice. no more pushing sleds until dark.Nicco got very few reps with the ones but he has this week

We have maybe 2 games left we will be favored in and are currently a 6 point home dog to a 1-2 team… that’s not typical of a “good team”.

Last edited:
Name all the Great teams we will play in the Big 12 this year where we will need to light up the scoreboard.
ISU, who we don’t play, is probably the only team in the conference where we could duplicate the offensive performance we had against Pitt and win.

ISU, who we don’t play, is probably the only team in the conference where we could duplicate the offensive performance we had against Pitt and win.
These dudes are mad. You cant offer constructive criticism on here or they turn it into a 10 page thread. One sentance is all it takes and you are a bad fan, negative nacy, bad day in bagdad, etc. It feels like 4th grade all over sometimes...

These dudes are mad. You cant offer constructive criticism on here or they turn it into a 10 page thread. One sentance is all it takes and you are a bad fan, negative nacy, bad day in bagdad, etc. It feels like 4th grade all over sometimes...
it's Baghdad Bob..not bad day..the minister of propaganda...actually I like yours better... good name for a metal band

Last edited:
it's Baghdad Bob..not bad day..the minister of propaganda...actually I like yours better... good name for a metal band
Its not a bad metal band name. The fart knocking daddys is the only band name I would use at this point in my life though. Good thing I dont have a band anymore. It would be named after Neal and his staff.

You are 120% full of it lol. Reality is that fans who offer constructive criticism get bashed even if their criticism is based on reality, and even if they also praise certain things. On the flip side, no one bothers the climb trusters for trusting the climb at all. Whiners whine, and for whatever reason, Neal's supporters whine more than he does. In the end all it really does is make people not like Brown even more. So if you want people to like Brown more, perhaps its you who should stfu. These threads wouldnt drag on if y'all just let people state their opinion without getting your panties in a bunch and attacking them for it because they dont see eye-to-eye with you lol.

Last edited:
You are 120% full of it lol. Reality is that fans who offer constructive criticism get bashed even if their criticism is based on reality, and even if they also praise certain things. On the flip side, no one bothers the climb trusters for trusting the climb at all. Whiners whine, and for whatever reason, Neal's supporters whine more than he does. In the end all it really does is make people not like Brown even more. So if you want people to like Brown more, perhaps its you who should stfu. These threads wouldnt drag on if y'all just let people state their opinion without getting your panties in a bunch and attacking them for it because they dont see eye-to-eye with you lol.
I support the team and during the season, the coach of the team wishing them the best. I am realistic knowing we are a mid level Big 12 team in the conference and expecting perfection is idiotic. I will offer constructive criticism as quickly as I offer praise when warranted. I won't attack others for an honest opinion as I enjoy the conversation. So you are hating on the wrong guy.

you have never praised Neal Brown for anything ever..you called him a clown two days ago..well speaking for the clown..Scoreboard Bitches!

you have never praised Neal Brown for anything ever..you called him a clown two days ago..well speaking for the clown..Scoreboard Bitches!
He had a good 2nd season where he cleaned up the mess left behind from DH and then he and his agent put their hands out, took the money and tanked the program. But he did have that good 2nd season objectively speaking.

That is the definition of not being a fan.

You want Wins...
WVU won you complain about not enough yards.
If WVU wins but only scores 17 you complain about not being able to score. But forget that the defense shutdown the opponent.
If WVU wins and allows 2 drives for the only 6 points scored against them you bitch because they allowed it to a team that's not good.

There are no perfect games only 1 team scores more than the other and that's what matters.

I don't understand why certain posters attack the team after a win due to not enough stats for their own ego.

This game mattered to WVU and was perhaps Neal Browns biggest win for fans regardless how good Pitty Kitty was or wasn't. The atmosphere was A+ and has not been like that since Neal has been here.

Does this win show the what a failure the rest of the season will become or show the success that might come? Will WVU tank the rest of the year against teams that are not even as good as Pitt? It's hard to tell as Brown has never won 3 straight nor has he beaten Tech. Nobody knows is the simple answer.

Do I know Neal has done a poor job in his 4 plus years? No doubt about it and if not for the former AD ignorance in year 2 of Neal Brown then he would be gone already.

I do know it pisses you off that WVU won and might win some more and causes them not to fire your most hated coach.

How is it constructive criticism if all you are doing is making up names for the coaches and players and fans that follow WVU. Everyone knows it's been below expectation. Neal probably should have been fired after year 4 in my opinion. He wasn't, so I'll support the team and hope for the best. I don't see super success this coming season even after this win. I also don't see any team on the schedule they can't beat except Oklahoma. Will they beat those teams? Not sure about that because history has shown differently.

That Pitt game was the best crowd atmosphere in Browns tenure while here.

Reactions: Euell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT