ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Maryland

Also where is Doege's work on the deep ball. If Leddie doesn't have to slow up for the ball the Maryland defender doesn't even have a chance at the egregious pass interference that the utterly incompetent officials ignored.

Damnit. What should've been at worst a 21-17 lead going into the locker room has turned into a 21-20 because the offense shat the bed and the defense fell asleep for a minute.

Mass confusion before the play.

Dropped passes.

Soft defense.

No mobility at the QB position.

Poor kickoffs.

Holding penalties on every good run.

Where have I seen all of that before in one half?

SOS.

Thank goodness we're playing a bottom of the barrel Big Ten team.

Mass confusion before the play.

Dropped passes.

Soft defense.

No mobility at the QB position.

Poor kickoffs.

Holding penalties on every good run.

Where have I seen all of that before in one half?

SOS.

Thank goodness we're playing a bottom of the barrel Big Ten team.
You nailed it. Once again a poorly prepared looking team.

Reactions: KingCoal
Houston, Cincy, BYU and UCF are licking their collective chops. Tulane looked better than we have so far.

How in the world do you get a delay of game penalty coming out of a timeout. That is a example of very poor coaching!

MD should just ignore 5 or more yard routes down the field until Doege and the WR can actually complete more than 1 in a row. What a waste of the opening drive after the half.

Doege doesn't look much better than the Liberty Bowl so far. Going to be a long season if he's the same. Even if the O line and Leddie are better, the defense isn't what it was last year and this could just be a wash if Doege is the same ole.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Do the announcers not pay attention to what's going on????

awful.....
Well when Covid allowed them to be lazy and stay home and call games for an entire year, quality will suffer. Not to mention Golic Jr. is terrible to start with. Talks just to hear himself.

Reactions: locustwv
No depth at running back? Who do you not have at least one other back ready. Sparrow, Mathis are not new to this team. Even the freshman should be able to run 3 or 4 plays. Seems like we are playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

I’m m still waiting for that disciplined
Team I was promised when coach Brown was hired.
Turnovers happen. That was a helmet to helmet contact. Should have been looked at. But I also see major indecision’s on the sidelines by how late the calls are coming in to the field on offense. That’s troubling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT