ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Maryland

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. Saturday and will be televised by ESPN.

It's the first game, why not?

I expect a win. But you never know in this crazy game of college football anymore. Look at the crazy game of UC Davis vs Tulsa a 22 point favorite. Don't over look anyone.

Tulsa will now start the year 0-3 as they play @Oklahoma State and then @Ohio State.

WVU doesn't want to go into Big 12 at 1-2.

Tulsa had an excellent defense last season, but has lost a lot, including its stud linebacker Zaven Collins, a first round NFL draft pick, who will start for the Arizona Cardinals this season. Tulsa doesn't have the recruiting prowess or depth to simply reload, so it's going to a long season for the Golden Hurricane.

Tulsa had an excellent defense last season, but has lost a lot, including its stud linebacker Zaven Collins, a first round NFL draft pick, who will start for the Arizona Cardinals this season. Tulsa doesn't have the recruiting prowess or depth to simply reload, so it's going to a long season for the Golden Hurricane.
They should have beaten Cincinnati (L 27-24) in American Championship game and Mississippi State (L 28-26) in Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in their final 2 games. Also should have beaten Oklahoma State (L 16-7) in the opener.

Reactions: KingCoal
They should have beaten Cincinnati (L 27-24) in American Championship game and Mississippi State (L 28-26) in Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in their final 2 games. Also should have beaten Oklahoma State (L 16-7) in the opener.
So they Should Have won them all. Lol

Last edited:
I'm excited to see if Daygay's hard work in the offseason really translates to the field. I hope it does. Apparently he really worked his tail off to improve his game in the offseason, specifically his deep ball and pocket presence. I also hope the WR's get over the drops. Last year was pathetic for that.

First time I heard WVU on radio at Maryland... Jack Flemming welcomed the listeners to College Park. WVU jumped out to - I think - a 24-0 halftime lead. Bill McKenzie kicked (I think) longest field goal in WVU history - 49 yards - to end first half. WVU goes on to win, 24-16... and cracks the top 20 the next week.
WVU lost to Kentucky team the next week (who I think went undefeated, but on probation). WVU then beats UVa and Temple to get to 4-1... then the wheels fell off the season. I was at the season opener (36-0 over Richmond)... and the Temple game. The temple game was the darkest daytime game I ever saw. Steady rain with low clouds... and Old Mountaineer Field had no lights.
I remember wearing a rain poncho and eating a hot dog. We were around the 10 yardline... 10 rows up... opposite the pressbox.
WVU left quite the impression on my 12-year-old mind.

-Winter Tim

Good way to keep the trolls away

Leddie Brown throwing punches at Skyhawkball, Queenie., RotoRooter, Vaulthunter and Bucky

I just want to once again thank "woke" for running off Vic Koenning, one of the best DC's in college football. Thanks Pitts and whoever that other traitor from southern WV was.

The blitz was picked up well on that 3rd down play so WR had time and matchups. Couldn't tell from the angle if the WR own momentum put then short or if a Maryland defender touched them, but the ball was caught at a first down.

That was our line that time. Did Doege even have time to turn around?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT