ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Baylor

Time for a change. We had the table set for us and we lay an egg against two of the bottom four teams in the Big 12. When Baker said that his decision on Brown wouldn't be based on the number of wins, I hope he meant it. At this point, 7-5 and maybe 7-6 isn't good enough in year five.
There will be changes. It won't be Brown though. Defensive changes all around. Among other coaches on staff.

😂 at Baylor. Neal Brown still deserves to be gone.
Why? Because he improved this year? Won 8 games when picked dead last in the league? Developed an offense centered around a running QB?

Listen, I've been critical of him too. But how would you feel if your supervisor came to you and said "you better improve your work or you are fired".......and you increase your productivity.......and you get fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Game still feels like a loss. Good thing Baylor returned those kicks because that kept their offense off the field in first half.

Time for a change. We had the table set for us and we lay an egg against two of the bottom four teams in the Big 12. When Baker said that his decision on Brown wouldn't be based on the number of wins, I hope he meant it. At this point, 7-5 and maybe 7-6 isn't good enough in year five.
Oh...I thought we won the game.

519 yds and gave up 334. Barely lost TOP 29:22 to 30:38. Zero turnovers in the game.

I didn't think I hit the "post" button on that one. Wrote it about 2 minutes too soon. Happy we won, but this win didn't feel like a win. One thing for sure, Garrett Greene never gives up.
Had 385 of those yards at half time and over 200 yards rushing. Then the 2nd half came.

Brown probably stays, but as a couple of you have commented, there should be some staff changes. Special teams hurt us bad tonight. anyway 8 wins feels pretty good, so let's get 9.
Neal will have to decide to fire some of his long standing staff. They should never force him into it which is what I am seeing some fans say to do, is force his hand. I always wanted to be a coach where my bosses think I suck so bad, they make my staff fires/hires for me, said no coach ever. You either let him run with his chosen band of losers, or end the shit show. Acting like Neal's football nanny seems kind of pathetic, tbh.

First time I watched a game at Morgantown bar in a looooong time. It was like watching the battle of who is the most retarded coach. Thank goodness Aranda won! Barely lol. My biggest observation in the game is that in Morgantown, WVU fans dont like Neal Brown that much at all. Hard to find climb trusters anymore.

My other biggest observation is that we have too much talent on this team to waste it with Brown. This team has potential to be special, truly special, imo. They are being held back...

Last edited:
Congrats to the team for winning last night. While I do not trust the climb, I had little hope that we would win both Cincinnati and the Baylor games, so credit to both the players and the staff for beating teams they should beat. That said, there is a lot of talk about firing assistants. Perhaps that will happen, but I am not sure who they can bring in to replace them. I am on record predicting next season as Brown’s last at WVU. Not sure who would want to risk a one year opportunity unless they promote from within. It will be interesting to see what happens.

that second half was just deflating..rushed for 250 and passed for 269...500 yds of offense and had to pull it out in the last 30 seconds.... sheesh...to top it off..the weather is simply abysmal here..rainy, cold, just yuck!

I think I'll hit up Wendy's for some chili before the games start today...throw some shredded cheese and hot sauce in there and it's doable...goodby November..we hardly knew ya

Why? Because he improved this year? Won 8 games when picked dead last in the league? Developed an offense centered around a running QB?

Listen, I've been critical of him too. But how would you feel if your supervisor came to you and said "you better improve your work or you are fired".......and you increase your productivity.......and you get fired.
A more apt scenario would be the supervisor tells you are not servicing all your accounts and the ones you are servicing are not being done well. The next performance review you still do not service the accounts well, but you managed to service all of your accounts this time. However you only accomplished the latter because a quarter of your accounts got dropped. Firing is still reasonable.

This same WVU team plays any of WVU's previous Big 12 schedules and they finish 6-6 at best. Not as big an improvement as the 8-4 record may appear.

A more apt scenario would be the supervisor tells you are not servicing all your accounts and the ones you are servicing are not being done well. The next performance review you still do not service the accounts well, but you managed to service all of your accounts this time. However you only accomplished the latter because a quarter of your accounts got dropped. Firing is still reasonable.

This same WVU team plays any of WVU's previous Big 12 schedules and they finish 6-6 at best. Not as big an improvement as the 8-4 record may appear.
Sorry. That's just not what happened this year. He improved the football program. There is no doubting that. Only those with blinders on would disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUBRU and WESTBGVA
He’s not getting fired. That’s just a fact. Hopefully he came keep “climbing” next year!! 😂

And the final play of the game, Brown learned his lesson. He brought a blitz and that resulted in Baylor not getting a chance to heave it deep.

I've been very critical of Brown, but I also can see that he is improving. Florida State was patient with Norvell, and I think that's paid off for them this year.

Sorry. That's just not what happened this year. He improved the football program. There is not doubting that. Only those with blinders on would disagree.
let's deal in facts..WVU hasn't had a 9 win season since joining the B12 in 2012..one with 10 in 2016 and that's it..win the bowl game and it's the second best win total in thirteen seasons..now cue the superfluous rhetoric about the teams we defeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT