ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Jacksonville State

Wonder if RR shows up to cheer the Jacksonville team along? Probably not. Too busy meeting with Baker and Gee.
Was thinking the same thing. He will be watching with Wren from the new section, working out the numbers. GG senior season will be great with RR calling the plays.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Early on, nothing has changed. We can't get the ball inside to Edwards against JSU. That's not good.

Our game plan in general should probably be to get it inside to Edward's, but it seems like thats the last thing we try to do.

Rich Rod in the house...

Found a little offensive and defensive rhythm. Glad coach stuck with the zone. Normally a young coach would have gotten out of it after they knocked down a few early shots when we switched to it. But sticking with it gave us a boost.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Not having Seth "destruction" Wilson in at same time as Kobe is a plus.

Staying in a zone is saving their legs.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Another scoring drought......10-0 run by JSU........down to 8 point lead. Ridiculous. Last possession then jack up wild three late in shot clock, ball bounces to them, miss shot, we have FOUR rebounders.......and end up letting them get the ball.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Improvement and growth. Good experience. Don't know if we are ready for next two games. I know I will hope for the best.

Reactions: locustwv
Even when we looked good I never felt comfortable. You can smell The Huggins influence of the past all over these coaches.

Reactions: locustwv
Improvement and growth. Good experience. Don't know if we are ready for next two games. I know I will hope for the best.
We have 8 players 3 of which would never see the floor anywhere else. We have a coaching staff with no experience and it shows often during games. I'm not confident for this season at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT