ADVERTISEMENT

This just in...

Oklahoma won't make it past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Young is immature and pushes off every time he has the ball. Perfect recipe for an early exit.

Oklahoma won't make it past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Young is immature and pushes off every time he has the ball. Perfect recipe for an early exit.

Agreed, OU is a slightly better Davidson in Curry's final college season. They will make the tournament, Young might go off in a losing effort, but they are probably not going far. Kevin Durant didnt make it out of the first weekend either.

Well one thing for sure. JC is a guy Young hates to deal with. 0-2 against Carter. And Carter admits after the game he didn't think he [himself] played well. I'll take JC over Young.

Young is going to be in the NBA next year and ESPN televises NBA games. They have a financial interest in over-promoting any college player that it likely to end up in the NBA. In other words, they use coverage of the WVU-OU game to promote their NBA telecasts for next season.

It's like during a WVU game on ESPN last season (I forget which one) where in the middle of the game...during game action...they had a one-on-one conversation with an ESPN announcer and some guy back in the studio about an upcoming game on ESPN. The ESPN announcer played at School X, the guy back at the ESPN studio played at School Y and School X and School Y were playing later on ESPN and they did a five minute promo for the game while WVU was playing. The WVU game was in a small box off to the side during that time.

Can anyone remember what game that was and what game they were promoting? I'd like to remember the details of that.

Can anyone remember what game that was and what game they were promoting? I'd like to remember the details of that.

I think it was WVU-KSU and they were pumping up the Catholics vs Convicts game that night

I think it was WVU-KSU and they were pumping up the Catholics vs Convicts game that night

That's right. I think the guy back at the studio was Jonathon Vilma, who played at Miami. And I think the announcer of the WVU-KSU game was Mike Golic Jr, who played at Notre Dame. So Golic and Vilma had a five minute conversation about the upcoming ND-Miami game and meanwhile the WVU-KSU game WHICH ESPN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERING AT THE TIME was being played in a small box on the side of the screen without commentary or replay or anything.

And of course Golic and Vilma didn't forget to mention multiple times that the ND-Miami game was going to be on ESPN or ABC (I forget which but they're both owned by the same company).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT