ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Oliver $$$ Luck!!!!

Luck and Clements went to Don Nehlen for help in talking to Neinas. Known fact.

What the heck is a violet storm?

I am surprised you aren't giving credit to that Final 4 team
According to people that was the reason why they went with WVU.
They had performed at a higher level than Louisville in both sports.
Some of was bullshit to back up their decision. But without the Final 4 they really couldn't say that

Some of was bullshit to back up their decision. But without the Final 4 they really couldn't say that

Are you drinking? What does the final 4 have to do with Don Nehlen talking to Neinas at the request of Oliver Luck and Clements?

Are you drinking? What does the final 4 have to do with Don Nehlen talking to Neinas at the request of Oliver Luck and Clements?

You can think whatever you want...

Louisville had OU and Kansas. Texas Tech probably would have ended up advocating for them as well.

The difference was Oliver Luck's connection to Texas.

Plain and simple.

The Final 4 was used as justification for the move.

You can think whatever you want...

Louisville had OU and Kansas. Texas Tech probably would have ended up advocating for them as well.

The difference was Oliver Luck's connection to Texas.

Plain and simple.

The Final 4 was used as justification for the move.

Luck and Clements asked Nehlen to talk to Neinas and both said it was big key to getting in. I've shown the proof you've proven nothing as usual.

Reactions: KingCoal
Luck and Clements asked Nehlen to talk to Neinas and both said it was big key to getting in. I've shown the proof you've proven nothing as usual.

Neinas wouldn't have changed the opinion of Texas.

If Texas didn't have an opinion it would have been Louisville.
Because of who Louisville had in their corner

Show proof of what.
Oliver Luck attended Law School at the University of Texas.
That is all you need to know.

READ DUMBASS!!!!

Oliver Luck and CLEMENTS asked Don Nehlen to talk to his friend Neinas and both clearly said it was a key to getting in.

I don't care if he went to every Big 12 school in the conference. Nehlen was key.

READ DUMBASS!!!!

Oliver Luck and CLEMENTS asked Don Nehlen to talk to his friend Neinas and both clearly said it was a key to getting in.

I don't care if he went to every Big 12 school in the conference. Nehlen was key.

That wouldn't have mattered.
Plus it was after the fact.

You are a smart man. Think for yourself.

I already explained to you why Oliver Luck is important.
Truthfully is the reason he was the AD in the first place.

Should speak to people in the know around WVU

That wouldn't have mattered.
Plus it was after the fact.

You are a smart man. Think for yourself.

I already explained to you why Oliver Luck is important.
Truthfully is the reason he was the AD in the first place.

Should speak to people in the know around WVU

Everyone in the world is smarter than you tool boy. Have spoken to many and all state the same. Luck and Clements asked Nehlen to talk to Neinas. They both said he was key.

If you would freaking learn to read you would know this had more to do with getting an invite and not voting DUMBASS.

Everyone in the world is smarter than you tool boy. Have spoken to many and all state the same. Luck and Clements asked Nehlen to talk to Neinas. They both said he was key.

If you would freaking learn to read you would know this had more to do with getting an invite and not voting DUMBASS.

Then obviously you are speaking to the wrong people.

The writer of the article is obviously clueless. Nothing wrong with that but as you know anyone can write an article and act like they know what they are speaking about.

You can take things a step further and give Joe Manchin credit because of asking Luck for help.

Like I said...
Oliver Luck lived in Houston/Texas for most of 25 years. Except for his time in Europe.
During this time he actually attended Law School at the University of Texas.

Luck had already established connections to a few Big 12 universities.

Actually some schools wanted Louisville. Even Oklahoma

Like I said...
online geeks connecting dots with literally no inside perspective is giggle time.

”connections” = network

Allen = right

You = f’n google dumbass.

You need to stop.

West Virginia just made their second appearance in the final 4 in a 50+ year span. Louisville has won two National titles and been to eight final fours.

Note: Theses numbers do NOT include the two vacated final 4 trips and one national title due to Pitino.

People give Ollie grief because he got us on the last lifeboat that landed on the only conference island that would take us. It could have been MUCH worse. If Clements was such a gem, why are we not in the Asheshe? BECAUSE THE BLUEBLOODS IN DURHAM, CHAPEL HILL, AND RALEIGH SAID NO A LONG TIME AGO. Fast Eddie stood dockside in 2003 when VPLies, Cryami, and BC jumped ship and waved bye bye. He was too interested in what Uncle Joe was telling him to do like play Marshall in football. Ollie was NOT going to let that happen when Suckacuse and sPitt jumped ship and the Big lEast folded like a cheap suit. But dangerous, what about Louisville and us and the Asheshe? Same reason as above as it was NEVER going to happen no matter how many people can whine and complain that it did not happen. The same bluebloods that turned us down 70 years ago when the old SoCon folded were not going to say yes 10 years ago when the choice was either us or Loserville when Maryland left for the B1G.

Ollie pissed off some of the locals when he took the tier 3 media rights Mountaineer Sports Network to IMG college which almost tripled the advertising costs than what it used to be. At the end of the day it comes to more $$$ for WVU. The ACC came knocking once Maryland joined the B1G 10. We had already committed to the Big XII a week prior.

Ollie pissed off some of the locals when he took the tier 3 media rights Mountaineer Sports Network to IMG college which almost tripled the advertising costs than what it used to be. At the end of the day it comes to more $$$ for WVU. The ACC came knocking once Maryland joined the B1G 10. We had already committed to the Big XII a week prior.
Ollie cleaned the mess out of the AD that Pasthisprime let flourish. John Raese had far too much influence with his sweetheart deals that the University was not getting anything in return. Our current Tier 3 rights makes FAR more for the University with the IMG deal (something that Fraud wanted) than what MSN was earning the University. BTW, did you know that Marshall and most other D1 schools have IMG media rights?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Makes you right?

It was Oliver Luck's connections to the University of Texas.
Plain and simple. It was him living in Houston associating with boosters from a few Big 12 schools.
Including Drayton McLane. Baylor booster and former owner of the Houston Astros.

Some of these same boosters at Texas wanted to bring him as AD
But Luck wanted to stay in Indianapolis because his son was playing for the Colts.

The only thing you're doing is throwing your opinions out there. You provide no quotes or proof of how much Luck had in getting us into the Big 12. None. But there is loads of proof of how influential Nehlen actually was. No one said Luck had nothing to do with it but it was Nehlen, his connection wtih Neinas and the respect he'd earned around the college football world.

Another major angle was the TV connection and once the Big 12 found out that WVU pulled in more ratings than Lousiville, they soured on UL and WVU jumped in front. That is a fact.

So come up with some actual proof instead of your long winded opinions about Luck living in Texas. I'm sure it helped but it wasn't the clincher. It even says that he and Clements asked Nehlen to intervene for crying out loud. How do you think Missouri got into the SEC instead of us?

Reads like a pissing match between skunks to me. Entertaining, but also embarassing. I think I'll try to find a WVU sports thread. Nothing like my original post. All I care about is WVU, and Oliver Luck DID bail out WVU when there was a violet storm and the boat was leaking! For that I'll be eternally grateful. I don't care HOW he did it. I just care that he DID IT!

You don't care how he did it? You mean even if he and Clements asked Nehlen to come to the rescue? Like I said in another post, no one said Luck didn't deserve any credit but you and some others have been giving him way too much. He made some glaring mistake while at WVU that were downright embarrassing.

But just keep ignoring the proof and the quotes from published material showing how much Nehlen, along with TV ratings putting WVU over the top, is what did it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

ACC never came knocking. Oliver Luck tried his best to get in the ACC when Pitt did. ACC wanted nothing to do with WVU like they have for the past 50 years. We tripled our Tier 3 money going to IMG.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Without Oliver Luck, WVU would not be in the Big 12. That wipes out any attempts to diminish his role. Nehlen alone would NOT have gotten WVU into the Big 12. Luck could have done it without Nehlen's help.

Without Oliver Luck, WVU would not be in the Big 12. That wipes out any attempts to diminish his role. Nehlen alone would NOT have gotten WVU into the Big 12. Luck could have done it without Nehlen's help.

I'm sure Luck was a big part just as Clements was. But neither deserves 100% credit so stop your BS and give proof that Luck could do it without them. Both men have stated plainly multiple articles multiple times they asked Don Nehlen to talk to Neinas and that he was a big key to it.

If Luck could have done it without Neheln he never would have asked him because that is the person he is. He's going to do something if he knows he can do it himself. Just look at the IMG negotiations. He knew he had to get it and he got it on his own.

So stop your crap and move on.

The only thing you're doing is throwing your opinions out there. You provide no quotes or proof of how much Luck had in getting us into the Big 12. None. But there is loads of proof of how influential Nehlen actually was. No one said Luck had nothing to do with it but it was Nehlen, his connection wtih Neinas and the respect he'd earned around the college football world.

Another major angle was the TV connection and once the Big 12 found out that WVU pulled in more ratings than Lousiville, they soured on UL and WVU jumped in front. That is a fact.

So come up with some actual proof instead of your long winded opinions about Luck living in Texas. I'm sure it helped but it wasn't the clincher. It even says that he and Clements asked Nehlen to intervene for crying out loud. How do you think Missouri got into the SEC instead of us?

If Texas didn't want WVU it wouldn't have happened.

Plain and simple.

You need to stop.

West Virginia just made their second appearance in the final 4 in a 50+ year span. Louisville has won two National titles and been to eight final fours.

Note: Theses numbers do NOT include the two vacated final 4 trips and one national title due to Pitino.

They actually won the NC after the decision was made.
Prior to that Louisville went to the Final 4 in 2005 I believe.
Thay was all they had for a 20 year period.

Missouri ended up in the SEC because of three reasons

1) VA Tech screwed themselves by using the legislature to get into the ACC. If this didn't happen the SEC would have went with them

2) Population of Missouri for the SEC Network

3) A lot of the same people who donate money to Arkansas also donate it to Missouri.
Including the Waltons/Stan Kroenke
Tysons

You are just proving my point. Your use of “WVU got in the Big 12 over Louisville because of the one Final 4 appearance” in no way accurate.
Unless of course you can post an article where Big 12 officials are quoted saying the same thing.

You are just proving my point. Your use of “WVU got in the Big 12 over Louisville because of the one Final 4 appearance” in no way accurate.
Unless of course you can post an article where Big 12 officials are quoted saying the same thing.

The presentation of WVU to the Big 12 presidents

Included WVU presented as the flagship university who competed in both football and basketball at a higher level than Louisville.

The Final 4 appearance helped because Louisville did have an Orange Bowl.

This was often sited as reasoning for the decision.

All of this was after the fact...

Final 4 appearance
Neinas

The fact was that Oliver Luck was close with the boosters at Texas. Particularly Joe Jamail.
Texas would have used anything to get WVU into the Big 12.

But without the backing of Texas it wouldn't have happened.

You can speak to people in the know around the university.
Luck was brought in because of his connections there in the first place.

Luck would have stayed out of college athletics if he wasn't needed.

The same clown who is obsessed with the B1G's 2 1/2 football national championships in the last 50 years (not 10, 20, 60 or 70 years, mind you) sees tremendous value in one Final Four appearance in 50 years. You can't make this stuff up. He has third-grade level debate skills, but he'll bombard you with brain-dead posts until 3:00 a.m., and just hope that your boredom forces you to relent.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
You don't even need to talk to people in the know.

Use some common sense

Look when Luck became AD.
Just so happens that Luck attended Law School at the University of Texas.

Who WVU needed to get into the Big 12

The same clown who is obsessed with the B1G's 2 1/2 football national championships in the last 50 years (not 10, 20, 60 or 70 years, mind you) sees tremendous value in one Final Four appearance in 50 years. You can't make this stuff up. He has third-grade level debate skills, but he'll bombard you with brain-dead posts until 3:00 a.m., and just hope that your boredom forces you to relent.
The same clown that suggested basketball coaches will sometimes lose a game on purpose, just for the betterment of the team long term. I guess that was Shaka's mentality on Saturday.

Clueless, but yet, he continues to post.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Not my issue that you dislike Oliver Luck.

There is no reason whatsoever for WVU to play Marshall.

So you still have zero proof to back your claims up.

Go read the decision that was made and how they presented their decision.

Don't need proof when I am familiar with people in the know around a few Big 12 universities.

But when WVU was compared to Louisville. It was said that WVU had competed at a higher level in both sports than Louisville.

Go read the decision that was made and how they presented their decision.

Don't need proof when I am familiar with people in the know around a few Big 12 universities.

But when WVU was compared to Louisville. It was said that WVU had competed at a higher level in both sports than Louisville.
Well my daughter worked at Highland Hospital (she moved on after receiving her masters degree) and I got to know several people that work with the mentally challenged, so I don’t need proof to state the fact that you need to seek mental health care immediately.

See how that works?

• Haha
Well my daughter worked at Highland Hospital (she moved on after receiving her masters degree) and I got to know several people that work with the mentally challenged, so I don’t need proof to state the fact that you need to seek mental health care immediately.

See how that works?

You aren't important enough.

I don't have to prove anything to you.

More than that what you believe doesn't make a difference to me.
Like I said if you want to be familiar with what happened that is on you. Spend the time and figure out what happened.

WVU was going to the Big 12...

Louisville got into the way.

Texas forced it down everyone's throat.

You can start at a KC Star article about problems between Texas and OU over the decision.
This was after WVU supposedly was approved the first time.

Missouri ended up in the SEC because of three reasons

1) VA Tech screwed themselves by using the legislature to get into the ACC. If this didn't happen the SEC would have went with them

2) Population of Missouri for the SEC Network

3) A lot of the same people who donate money to Arkansas also donate it to Missouri.
Including the Waltons/Stan Kroenke
Tysons

VaTech always wanted to be with UVA in ACC. Bark up a different tree. I had clients literally involved in expansion talks both on the university side and broadcast/network side. You literally are foolish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT